Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Deleted a lot of unecessary Launch Daemons-- mobile internet tethering file for iPod Touch (really why is this here), Airprint, voice control, crash reporting, file the manages chinese character errors on wifi networks, etc.
That does sound nice! Could you explain how to do that?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:44 AM

I flew through this thread and I saw that out of 60 replies only 1-2 were mentioning that they JB for pirated apps as well... I'm pretty sure almost half of the others are just not honest in that matter.
For myself I jailbroke my old ipod touch 2G for cool cydia stuff like SBsettings, themes, etc and tried some illegal apps (which most of them I wouldn't have bought anyway). Still, it was piracy... Since 1,5 years I have a ipod 4G which isn't JB anymore, because I know that once it's JB, I will tend to install illegal apps and well, I can live without those nice cydia stuff which where awesome though.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I jailbreak...because I can. That's all there is to it. lol
Old 06-22-2012, 05:26 AM

Question is, why not.
Its not a matter of having pirated apps, everyone does what they wants. Personally i think jailbreak expands the possibilities and capabilities of this great OS beyond boundaries.
I cant live with some of the tweaks you can find in cydia.
It makes the OS more complete and introduces some features that Apple should think about it.
And dont forget that Apple copied alot of cydia tweaks in his own OS itinerations. First come to mind is Mobile Notifier.
Obviously they need to fight the jailbreak, but also, theyre not doing it the hard way. Because - you know - it makes them aware of great developers, and great ideas.
Is just that they cant afford to leave the OS open, their ecosystem is solid and needs to be that way...with some backdoors left open intentionally i guess.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Deleted a lot of unecessary Launch Daemons-- mobile internet tethering file for iPod Touch (really why is this here), Airprint, voice control, crash reporting, file the manages chinese character errors on wifi networks, etc. Then installed Fakeclockup. Now my device runs a lot faster and smoother.

Themes are nice too, although they can be a bit of a hassle to deal with.
Yeah installed themes, infinidock, cascade and other stuff and my iPod ran slow after that and had lots of crashes. Removed those and only kept useful stuff and my iPod now runs always smooth. Like usually I sometimes had 8-14 at minimum, now it's always like 20 mb even if using MC3. Free ram that is. Mostly I have 150mb.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM

When I first jailbroken my 3st gen IPod Touch, I is it because I wanted the cool Android Lock (yeah pretty stupid). But I discovered tons of other stuff to do like emulators, themes, widget, etc.
Oh and I am one of those people who downloads pirated app. Don't get me wrong I use it to test games, I would usually delete them and buy the legit thing from the app store(most of the time..). Well good luck if you do jailbreak your device.

Last edited by tim240; 06-26-2012 at 11:38 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
That does sound nice! Could you explain how to do that?
http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/...cesses.364957/

i recommend iFunBox (http://www.i-funbox.com/) for navigating the files. Sorry about the late reply!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Why do I jailbreak?...
Because I have not credit card, or job, and I really like to play games on my iPod but my parents don't want to pay for them, they didn't pay the iPod I do it with the money I was saving, so I have no choice. Other reason why I do jailbreak, and no matter if I could pay the games I will jailbreak is: springtomize and winterboard.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I haven't jailbroken... But if I did it would be for Ifile and Idownloader.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
iPad 2

I jailbreak so I can test out the apps I make. Also customization.