Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
Has anyone beaten Ogres I on Hard yet?
I didn't even beat them on medium yet! Any tactics anyone would like to share?

Without re-fighting the easier battles my newer guys never seem to get any action at all and if I spend too much time fighting, I will miss out on all the times battles. That's one thing I dislike over TW.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantello View Post
I didn't even beat them on medium yet! Any tactics anyone would like to share?

Without re-fighting the easier battles my newer guys never seem to get any action at all and if I spend too much time fighting, I will miss out on all the times battles. That's one thing I dislike over TW.
I use two snipers to disable the 1 enemy (forgot if i use stun or steal stamina). The third guy help to deal damage. Optimize your items so you can kill him before time run out. i.e. you don't need +health or +armor, since enemy not attacking, wear +stamina instead. Since the third guy can be anyone, this is actually a good chance to train "new" guy.
One tip that may not be obvious. Damage boost skills can stack, even the same skill. Especially, the type that +damage until you rest. If you have enough stamina so you can keep going without resting, and boost higher and higher. The guy with big sword is quite good at this.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Great game! However, as TA review said, I need help & it's not to be found 'in-game', so finally caved & looking at forum.

Not sure how timed battles work. The time mechanic seems awkward.

Don't know how to find out what 'wetform' is on lizard man? Looks like healing?

'Level ups' -- is there a tree which varies based on what skills I pick, or is it all driven by class? Can I boot out a warrior I don't use?

Only way I see stats is when in 'move' mode? When I select targets, seems unable to check a target's stats??? Was unable to target ground square for awhile. Unintuitive, could be in 'training' vid.

Thanks! Fun game. Card dynamic is a trip. Any way to read cards before 'using'?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:55 PM

To Answer a few questions:

Timed battles basically just have a certain day they expire on, for example day 25. The only thing that effects what day they expire on is the difficulty (you get a little more time on normal and hard). It doesn't matter how soon you unlock the area they are in or anything. They are never critical to your progress, but they do tend to give a bit more experience and stuff.

You can see what wetform and stuff do during the battle setup screen, the one where you choose which warriors will participate in the battle. Just touch the enemy unit and then touch his passive ability.

Skills available at level up are just based on your class and your level.

You can only boot guys if you already have the max (12) and are getting a new guy.

You can see a brief summary of cards in the bar at the bottom of the screen, but not a full explanation like in the deck builder.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I'm stuck in the expansion, theres a golden and a blue gate I don't have keys for but I've beaten every mission except for two timed ones in the expansion that had expired before I bought it. Did those contain keys? That would be really bad since I'm 73 days into the game and don't want to replay.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM

The maps with gold keys should never expire. I will take a look into this. It may be some sort of bug.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I have the opposite question---biggest problem with TW was that it was too easy, so what can I choose here to make the game harder?
There's an easy, challenging and fun solution to this: replay missions with less characters. Nothing like taking a 6 characters mission with just one to make you feel a manly man...
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegobe View Post
I've completed the game on easy level, but there's one (optional) battle that I haven't been able to beat yet. It's in the bottom right corner of the map in the Crashed Medical Pod behind a blue gate, and it's called Doctors II. There are six War Medics and six Plasma Droids vs. four of your warriors. I have two game days left to complete the mission, and my top characters are level 23-24.

The War Medics advance while the Plasma Droids fire from a distance. Also, the medics heal each other when damaged, and they do vengeance damage to your nearby units once they are killed.

Any suggestions on tactics?
I tried this one for dozens of time until I found the solution. It's called Plasma Eruption. You nuke the medics early and kill 3-4 of them and the rest will die easily enough. I was unable to beat this mission in any other method, though.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:16 PM
iPad

Finally buckled down and "beat" this game -- is there a list of endings available? Mine was pretty poor, even though I won by day 27 on hard.

You can beat Doctors II easily if you ensure that all of your guys have Special Defense high enough to let you shrug off the medics' attacks. Then rush the Plasma Droids and just ignore the Medics. You'll need strong DPS like the Wielder and the Cannoneer so you can turbo-kill the droids to avoid the War Medics healing them up.

Stunning a plasma droid is also very effective, since that will make it lose its charge.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I am having Tactical Warrior and Loststar Tactics withdrawal... any chance of a new title with the same gameplay coming out?