★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: York - United Kingdom
Posts: 1,141
When i press square he just shoots straight away... :s lol

Will play around wen i get home

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
07-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,065
Very pleased with the Wipeout DLC it's more like how I imagined enjoying my Vita before I bought it. I liked 2048 but it never felt like a real Wipeout to me there was just something a bit off with the tracks and feel and I think I posted before here before it was my most disappointing game.

I've completely changed my mind now easily the best DLC I've ever bought, I've never played the PS3 version before but it's much more in line with my expectations.
Only downside is I had to fill my card up with suitable Wipeout style tracks as 2048's tracklist was way to limited.

Modnation Racers is ok also but I have to admit I haven't given it very much of my time as yet or tried to make my own tracks or anything, it's probably worth the 8.99 though.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

07-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
Just realized that there aren't any new Vita releases at all in July. I hope Sony has been saving PS1 support and Vita Game Heaven for this month. Otherwise, it's going to be a long wait until Sound Shapes is released August 7.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
07-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Just realized that there aren't any new Vita releases at all in July. I hope Sony has been saving PS1 support and Vita Game Heaven for this month. Otherwise, it's going to be a long wait until Sound Shapes is released August 7.
There's supposed to be several PSN games releasing sometime in the next few weeks, but no dates are actually set- mostly vague estimates. Hoping Strangers Wrath HD comes soon.
07-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
When i press square he just shoots straight away... :s lol

Will play around wen i get home
I know in MGS2 you have to hold square. Not sure if it's the same in MGS3.
07-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,536
Since there isn't much comming in July I'll probably get the MGS HD Collection, but first I'll have to complete the wipeout DLC.

Looks so amazing.

07-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: York - United Kingdom
Posts: 1,141
Just started a beginner website please come take a look and give me feedback etc or ideas for new content-still in starting stages so alot of the pages are blank... But will have info on there soon

Check it out:

Http://psvitainfo.weebly.com

Thanks

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
07-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Just started a beginner website please come take a look and give me feedback etc or ideas for new content-still in starting stages so alot of the pages are blank... But will have info on there soon

Check it out:

Http://psvitainfo.weebly.com

Thanks
Site looks good, nice and clean layout and I already know you're an enthusiast, so I'll have a regular read m8.

btw - No forced advertising, what's the catch with Weebly??

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
07-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 446


As you wanted feedback: I'm not too keen on the site name, sounds a bit like a system overview heading - this isn't helped by lack of a logo, something to distinguish the site.

You have - Playstation Vita Information and PS Vita Information on your homepage... and the URL - Http://psvitainfo.weebly.com I would pick one and keep it uniform anytime you're referring to the site. 'Information' is a long, boring and formal word imo, so I'd stick with 'info'. Personally, I'd also scrap 'Playstation', for 'PS'. (added benefit of matching the URL)

PS Vita Info

Where you have the site name + pic of Vita.. site name is already above the tabs, you don't need it twice. This could be a news section with pics linking etc - much like gamespot/ign - on a more simplistic scale - but there isn't anything 'useful' on the homepage as it is now.

If you can, delete 'HOME' (above your welcome blurb), it isn't necessary.

These are just some initial thoughts and nitpicking, I generally like how you've got everything set, it's a great start.

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
07-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: York - United Kingdom
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post


As you wanted feedback: I'm not too keen on the site name, sounds a bit like a system overview heading - this isn't helped by lack of a logo, something to distinguish the site.

You have - Playstation Vita Information and PS Vita Information on your homepage... and the URL - Http://psvitainfo.weebly.com I would pick one and keep it uniform anytime you're referring to the site. 'Information' is a long, boring and formal word imo, so I'd stick with 'info'. Personally, I'd also scrap 'Playstation', for 'PS'. (added benefit of matching the URL)

PS Vita Info

Where you have the site name + pic of Vita.. site name is already above the tabs, you don't need it twice. This could be a news section with pics linking etc - much like gamespot/ign - on a more simplistic scale - but there isn't anything 'useful' on the homepage as it is now.

If you can, delete 'HOME' (above your welcome blurb), it isn't necessary.

These are just some initial thoughts and nitpicking, I generally like how you've got everything set, it's a great start.
Hey awesome thanks for that was already gonna get rid of 'Home' bit lol, was a bit annoyed cos ps vita world was taken

And theres no catch with Weebly! weird i know but yeah all free-you need to go premium to add media stuff which sucks but i can always add youtube links i guess

Cheers for input

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??