Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM
iPad mini

It's too difficult to switch between primary and secondary weapons in the heat of battle. There needs to be a single button for switching between these located near the right stick, like the reload button.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
It's too difficult to switch between primary and secondary weapons in the heat of battle. There needs to be a single button for switching between these located near the right stick, like the reload button.
Agreed.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

How many people can play co-op? And deathmatch?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:51 PM
iPad mini

Is it just me, or can you only get the perfect bonus for a mission the first time you complete it? It should be a separate accomplishment that you can come back and earn. I'm almost tempted to wipe my data and restart since I lost a lot of potential money by not knowing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
How many people can play co-op? And deathmatch?
2 in co-op
2-4 in deathmatch
Old 07-07-2012, 09:29 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
2 in co-op
2-4 in deathmatch
Ooohh. In that case I'll probably pass. Unless there's something really special about this title that someone can convince me to get it, it seems like just a zombified Gun Bros/dual-stick shooter Zombieville USA 2. The co-op was the only thing that was really gonna sell me, but only if it had up to 4 people. Oh well, I've been busy with Spellsword since it went free.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Leader board just got hit by its first hacker, some one with 290 million kills and has instantly appeared on the leader board from no where.

He certainly didn't progress up it or I would have noticed I have been playing non stop! What a slap in the face for such a great game.

Can't say I didn't expect it to happen though, unfortunately ;(

Just maxed out saw launcher, lights word and bear suit legitimately then saw this. what a disappointment!

Ever play, please do something about it! :'(
Unfortunately I dont think there is anything we can do. We cant manage individual scores on the leaderboard and hackers like this dont actually have to play the game to post these scores...there are a couple of apps you can get on jailbroken phones which allow you to post whatever number you want to a Game Center leaderboard. It seems to happen in every game unfortunately.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
Ooohh. In that case I'll probably pass. Unless there's something really special about this title that someone can convince me to get it, it seems like just a zombified Gun Bros/dual-stick shooter Zombieville USA 2.
You are correct. It's mostly Gun Bros style mindless destruction, but with multiplayer (maybe gun bros has that now too? I haven't played in years). The main thing that makes it better than such games is that the IAP is truly a shortcut. Everything you can buy can be earned through play without massive grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Leader board just got hit by its first hacker, some one with 290 million kills and has instantly appeared on the leader board from no where.

He certainly didn't progress up it or I would have noticed I have been playing non stop! What a slap in the face for such a great game.

Can't say I didn't expect it to happen though, unfortunately ;(

Just maxed out saw launcher, lights word and bear suit legitimately then saw this. what a disappointment!

Ever play, please do something about it! :'(
You can report cheaters from within GC. I'm not sure if Apple actually does anything based on the reports p, but at least you'd feel like you had done something.
I was also under the impression developers could contact Apple to remove hacked scores, but maybe that isn't true?

Last edited by Royce; 07-07-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
iPhone 4S

Without massive grinding, you're kidding right?

Can I just ask what the 'massive punch and extended health' the stupid bear costume has as I've paid 1.99 for 100,000 credits to supplement the money saved to buy it and see absolutely NO benefits over the swat costume. The characters need attributes so you don't get mugged buying something other than a skin upgrade. Should've just settled for the doctor.

To be honest you have to grind, grind and grind to get any decent weapons, once you complete a mission, you no longer get that bonus, just points for each zombie killed. Where this 'without massive grinding' concept came in I'm at a loss.

Oh yeah, get backed into a corner the barrel of the gun extends beyond the zombies so you can't shoot anyone, awesome game mechanics, why not include the feature of not swapping to your primary or secondary weapon should the special or your primary gun run out, coooooool. Here, conveniently reach across half the screen with your thumb to change weapon. Make sure you don't have enough ammunition drops too, oh, make sure there are zombies that can charge you as soon as they come on the screen so you can neither shoot them in time or avoid them. Cool features bro

Play lost levels, much more fun DS shooter

Feel mugged and taken for one too. I would avoid this purchase

Last edited by Lionel Richie; 07-07-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
Without massive grinding, you're kidding right?
Nope, mission reward money gets pretty high as you progress. I just started yesterday and I already have the explosive crossbow fully upgraded, the desert eagle fully upgraded, and the mascot suit. I paid nothing.

The mascot appears to have increased health and damage. It's definitely better than the sherif which I was using previously.

Quote:
Oh yeah, get backed into a corner the barrel of the gun extends beyond the zombies so you can't shoot anyone, awesome game mechanics
Doesn't happen to me. Maybe a bug with whatever weapon you're using?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by invulse View Post
Unfortunately I dont think there is anything we can do. We cant manage individual scores on the leaderboard and hackers like this dont actually have to play the game to post these scores...there are a couple of apps you can get on jailbroken phones which allow you to post whatever number you want to a Game Center leaderboard. It seems to happen in every game unfortunately.
I really feel for developers on this one. I cannot even count how many "amazing" score-based games I haven't bothered to download, even for free, simply because there's absolutely no point in doing so. Sorry.

Developers are losing lots of money, players are getting frustrated, developers are then losing more money, more players, and often getting screamed at in the process...

I honestly and truly despise hackers at this point. They're ruining games for paying customers and ruining profit for decent, hardworking developers who quite frankly have no fault other than making a game good enough to become a target.

Nothing about the App market frustrates me to the level hackers do.

DBC