• Publisher: SNK PLAYMORE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 83.2 MB
  • Version: 1.2.4
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The legendary NEOGEO 2D action shooting masterpiece METAL SLUG 3 heads out to iPhone devices! Use various weapons and slugs to fight your way through and survive on the battlefield!!

Not only a perfect port of the original NEOGEO game!
In addition to its classic ARCADE MODE, this perfect conversion of METAL SLUG 3 includes a MISSION MODE, allowing you to select in which stage you want to play!
You can now train yourself in your favorite stages or those which give you a hard time!

Command many Slug vehicles like an ace!
The Slugs are back and more colourful than ever, with Slug Mariners, Drill Slugs, and Elephant Slugs joining the original Metal Slugs and Slugnoids!!

Clear all routes via the branching map system!!
A branching map system allowing you to take a different route to the end with each play-through, and an immense map of endless gameplay awaits you in METAL SLUG 3!!

Intense cooperative gameplay via the Bluetooth function!
"METAL SLUG 3 can be doubly enjoyed by playing with another brother-in-arms simultaneously via the Bluetooth function!
Will you be able to clear the hardest stages with your friends?

Compatible with GAME CENTER!
Complete the maximum number of ACHIEVEMENTS in order to increase your "METAL SLUG 3" Player Rank!
Beat the best scores and become Worlds Number 1!!

Echoseven's comments:

07-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Woo hoo ! This is great news and out of the blue, i hope it plays well, dont mind the high price, this is an all time classic.

Come on guys, less than 10 dollars, thats nothing !

I hope this does well so SNK release more games. Finally ! All the metal slug games i found before were dreadful clones which were scams on the app store.

Last edited by psj3809; 07-11-2012 at 09:45 AM.

07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Probably my favorite MS of the series. Too rich for my blood, though.
07-11-2012, 09:44 AM
game play video? $7 dollars...
07-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
game play video? $7 dollars...
There'll be one soon, for some reason the big companies dont seem to do gameplay videos, have to wait for Sanuku !

I know what you mean about the price, part of me is annoyed as i love retro games but they do still charge silly money for them years later when if anything it should be part of a collection for a few dollars.

On the other hand if it was free and full of IAP's i would hate it.

I'm sure many of us work here so for the sake of 7 dollars its not bad at all, i'm just happy to be able to have this on my device so i think like the Raystorm games by Taito, if youre a fan of the original then its brilliant despite the price.

But theres plenty of older arcade games i wish would see the light of day on iOS, only way i can play them is to jailbreak and use emulators (which i dont want to). But this is one game i'm getting for sure at midnight tonight !
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
would be insta buy but no way in hell I'd pay $7
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
playing all metal slugs on iFBA/mame4ios emulator for free.better controls,60fps,enable blood.^_^
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eater View Post
would be insta buy but no way in hell I'd pay $7
(Old man lecture #124)

Back in the 80's when i was a young kid most games were $10 each ! Often you would save up for one (on tiny pocket money) and the game was terrible and you were stuck with it and had to save up for another month or two.

I think we've all lost our minds when we think $7 for a classic game is expensive when many of us are 18+ and earn money or have decent pocket money !

$7 is still incredibly cheap, again the problem is we expect everything now for 99c or free.
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Gosh today will be so damn expensive. Expect the Trailer in the next 30-60. Minutes

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-11-2012 at 11:18 AM.
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
WWWhhhhaaattttttt?????
Totally didn't expect this release but $7, really?