Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-15-2012, 11:23 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmage View Post
Any chance you took data for whether or not there was a specific increase or decrease in jobs to a certain city when you increased the number of airports? That's something I would be very interested in knowing.
No I did not, good idea lets see

5 cities 5.76 jobs average to any one city
7 cities 5.22
9 cities 4.56
11 cities 4.09

Darn was hoping that would go up instead.
Just for fun I tried 2 cities ended up with 9 jobs for the other city.

Last edited by SpudWreck; 07-15-2012 at 11:49 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 11:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Nevermind. Thanks!

Last edited by JuanG12; 07-15-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

N130 I think you will find if you upgrade your pear jets twice, you will be able to make transatlantic trips.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleTim View Post
Dani is actually my wife working part time while our toddler is sleeping so with the launch of this game we have been a little backed up on getsatisfaction trying to help everyone. We are also considering other support tools since getsatisfaction doesn't really seem to be the most efficient.

There is currently a little over 44,000 members registered in the TA flight crew. However in the last event only a little over 13,000 delivered items, all but around 500 of them delivered enough for the reward and the average was 124 jobs. It is not too hard to find out what the other groups are with a simple web or twitter search but the current top 5 contain TA, Jay is Games, The Verge, Pocket Planes Wiki, and 2CH. We do not plan on making this visible since we want to encourage people playing with their friends and don't want #ILOVECOCKS showing to younger players.
That's understandable! The support is certainly appreciated though so thank you. I also don't think getsatisfaction is the best support tool - I've been keeping an eye on it and people just seem to refuse to click 'page 2' to find an answer to their problems so topics are buried by duplicates of the same problem far too easily in my opinion - there are no categories.

Thanks for those stats! I don't use Twitter and must have a mind block on as I can't for the life of me come up with any search terms that lead to info on other crews elsewhere before you mentioned them (other than JIG as I used their trade forum for a bit).
And that's fair enough, didn't think of that to be honest! Thank's for replying.

Lastly, I edited my original post with 2 other questions that you may of not seen having already clicked reply perhaps so;
1) Just noticed my starship reward is in my hangar but I got no notification of my ranking in the crew or anything - is this normal?
2) Could you also shed any more light on what will be included in this next update please...?

Sorry to be 'that guy' who nags with questions but I've been wanting to ask those few things for a while! Thanks again for answering so quickly and directly. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Mdaymond; 07-15-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 11:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitFisto22 View Post
I tweeted the Mimebit... owner? CEO? I asked him would the new update add the Unload All option and he said its tap and hold to unload all. Ive tried and nothing happened.

Now, either I read it wrong, did the task wrong, or he just gave me useless information, I dont know.

Ho ahead. Try it on your planes and see if it works.
It is a feature being applied in the upcoming update which should be with us all shortly. Keep an eye here / on the app store for it!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdaymond View Post
Lastly, I edited my original post with 2 other questions that you may of not seen having already clicked reply perhaps so;
1) Just noticed my starship reward is in my hangar but I got no notification of my ranking in the crew or anything - is this normal?
2) Could you also shed any more light on what will be included in this next update please...?

Sorry to be 'that guy' who nags with questions but I've been wanting to ask those few things for a while! Thanks again for answering so quickly and directly. Keep up the good work!
1. You should get a notification. The way that the in game alerts work is they get queued up. If you leave the game while a notification is up the queue is just wiped since returning to the game triggers an iCloud check and a potential reload. The reward however appears in your hanger/part screen/bux as soon and it receives it from the server and right before the popup is added to the queue. So log story short if you leave and return to the game after it receives the reward and before popup comes up you will never see it. If you are curious what your placed send me the code at the bottom of the settings screen and I can look it up.

2. I don't have the list in front of me so this is off the top of my head. LOTS of bug fixes and speed improvements (especially on first load and returning), load/upload all, save plane upgrades, save pilot costumes per plane, ability to dismiss dropdowns, prizes for non global events, better help system, pay bux for mid pool job refreshes, and a bunch of other small improvements.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 AM

I'm level 24 and still unsure how experience is gained. I'm assuming it has something to do with set experience for each passenger or cargo delivered?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster9493 View Post
I'm level 24 and still unsure how experience is gained. I'm assuming it has something to do with set experience for each passenger or cargo delivered?
1 XP for every coin earned though delivering jobs, bux are converted to xp at the bank exchange rate for the total number of bux offloaded at that city. We also give a single xp point for a bunch of random actions throughout the game to try and trigger iCloud pushes but at your level they should not matter.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 AM

Wow thanks for the quick response!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks for such excellent and speedy responses to our questions NimbleTim! It really is great to know that you guys are listening to and staying in close touch with us.

I do have a question, though. It's been on my mind lately and I'm curious to see the answer!

So you say that the bitizens live in a 2D world. This makes sense. But in a 2D world, how can you have a bird's eye view of the world? Planes have a height and a length when they're in airports, but once you send them off, you can see that they also have a width. How can this bird's eye view of the world exist in the 2D universe of the bitizens??

EDIT: I also like how the top prize isn't awarded to the top crew. It adds a bit of strategy and competition to the events!

Last edited by Sgt_Ludby; 07-16-2012 at 01:13 AM..