Bringing Pokemon-style battle to the iPhone: Little Masters
Little Masters will be available on the App Store internationally on 6th Sept, 2012!
Dungeon feature shown in the video will be released in a later update following the release.
** [EDIT: 2012-08-04 more info of the game are added, plus a video on an upcoming feature: dungeon adventure, see the bottom of this post for the added content] **
We are bringing the beloved pokemon-style battle to the iPhone! We have been working with some monster designers on the Internet and the game company behind the iPhone game "Pocket Summoner" (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-summoner-episode-1/id489401569?mt=8) to create a game on the iPhone, below are some screen shots:
* The screen shots were taken from a build that was in development, the final product may vary a bit.
The game is named "Little Masters" and it features:
- complete retro style pixel art graphics
- real time battle with your friends or ppl on the Internet through wifi or mobile network
- a large number of monsters to capture and train
- form your battle team with different monsters with different skills and abilities
- train your monsters and let them evolve into powerful forms
The game will be free-to-play with paid currency. However you will also be able to earn the currency by battling your friends. The more friends you play with, the more you can get. We hope everyone will be able to enjoy the game without being limited to pay to play, especially those who love to battle with their friends.
The first version of the game has already been submitted to the App Store for review and should be available soon. Will keep you guys posted once it is available.
The game requires iOS5.0+ and Game Center account. So be sure to upgrade your device if you are not on iOS5.0+ so you can enjoy the game when it is launched.
We are working with more monster designers to bring even more monsters with different skills and abilities to the game. We would love to hear any suggestions or comments from you, especially when you can get your hands on it.
** [UPDATE: 2012-08-04] **
The game is still being reviewed by Apple, which took much longer than we expected. Several other game developers are reporting the same issue. Some people say that it is related to London Olympics as there are a large number of Olympics related apps to be reviewed by Apple. We will update this thread as soon as possible once the game is approved and available on the App Store.
While we are waiting, we would like to provide a bit more information about the game:
- The game will require Internet connection to play. We thought about making it an offline game but since a major part of the game is battle-ing with friends, it is very hard to prevent cheating with an offline game. We might, however, consider to add offline-capable functions in the future.
- IAP will be optional and will not make you stronger. Also, as mentioned, paid currency could be earned from battle-ing with friends.
- There will be limited story and features in the first release. However we plan to expand the game with more story, challenges and various dungeons which will allow players to adventure throughout the world.
The first release (which is in review by Apple) features below:
- Hatching: hatch eggs to become monsters of yours.
Uncle Bob will help you to hatch your eggs.
- Tracking: trackers around the world are willing to help you to find different monsters for you to fight and capture. You will get access to more trackers and more tracking options when you gain more knowledge on different monsters.
- Capture: winning wild monsters reward you eggs that you can hatch. You may also gain items that allow you to grow your monsters to make them more powerful and evolve.
- Quests: provide challenges and jobs for you to earn extra currency.
The mystic old man will provide you quests with rewards.
- Online Battle: battle with your friends with the monsters you have.
As a bonus, we have recorded a short video of an upcoming feature in a future release: dungeon adventure.
You will be able to adventure in various dungeon to gather items and capture special monsters. Dungeons will be generated randomly every time including the treasure and monster locations. The video also provides a sneak peek of the current fight system. Enjoy:
p.s. sorry for the video quality and please be noted that the dungeon adventure function seen in the video is still under development so everything could be still changed.
Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Last edited by Little Masters; 08-30-2012 at 09:55 PM..