• Publisher: Rubicon
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 123.1 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !!
(Mobile category, Game Dynamo 2012)

STRATEGY GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !!
(Mobile category, IGN 2012)

BAFTA NOMINATED

Taking military "advice" from the ridiculous generalissimo, can you battle your way through this truly massive, content-packed military campaign? Plan your missions, deploy your "forces", try not to fall off the sofa laughing!

"Everything about this game is awesome" - Pad Gadget
"This is an impressive package for strategy fans" - 148 Apps
"Replay value is outstanding" - App Smile

You've plenty of units to play with, covering land, sea and airborne combat. Be warned though, these funny cartoon troops are not exactly "the right stuff".

Playing as "Jenkins", the hard done to lieutenant, you will need to complete the Generalissimo's wide variety of mission orders - collect resources, assassinate enemy generals, invade territory, evacuate your forces, do a bit of enemy base ownage, etc.

"Its simply an amazing turn-based strategy game" - Touch Arcade
"It's the real deal" - Slide To Play
"This is a wonderful game, accessible yet challenging" - Gamezebo

40+ hours of campaign mode not enough? There is also unlimited skirmish play vs the AI for quick fixes, on a wide variety of custom maps.

And there's still more - Multiplayer. You can Pass & Play on a single device, or join our thriving online community, playing head to head at a pace that suits you. Online play is cross-platform, so you can play and/or transfer your account to other supported platforms.

"This game plays beautifully and looks fantastic" - App Advice
"Not downloading it is damn near criminal" - MoDojo
"Just buy it, plain and simple" - IGN

Main Features:

50 Mission single player campaign
Online asynchronous multiplayer
Pass n Play & Skirmish vs AI
GameCenter achievements
Stunning visuals (full retina 3D)
Simple, intuitive control method
Tons of humor
No birds were harmed (or made angry) during development!

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GreatBigWarGame
"Bag 'em & Tag 'em"

Echoseven's comments:
GBWG Add Me Thread, please do not post requests here
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=144815

07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
6 and a half hours...bring it on!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

07-17-2012, 03:38 PM
It's coming tonight? Hell yes. Big release week for the iOS.

Twitter: @back2this
07-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Awesome TBS! Great online and single-player campaigns!
07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Good luck Rubicon! Hope your game does well!

Just watched your trailer, wow, the graphics look great, and I see that your reviews so far look good.

Last edited by Connector; 07-17-2012 at 03:50 PM.
07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
W00t, just spotted this thread. Thanks for starting it E7.

God this is scary, I can't download it myself for another couple of hours, lol.

Hope you all love the game. We've poured everything we could into this.
07-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Online Multiplayer... Nuffsaid. Im buying, no buts.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
W00t, just spotted this thread. Thanks for starting it E7.

God this is scary, I can't download it myself for another couple of hours, lol.

Hope you all love the game. We've poured everything we could into this.
I do know you have the "little" version of this on Android, which leads me to my question: Is there going to be cross platform multiplayer? Unfortunately some of my friends have dairy products as their device of choice.

And a related question is your matchmaking system using iOS's GameCenter turn based API, your own homegrown system, or a mixture (i.e. using GameCenter as an authentication mechanism for logging into your own system)?

Thanks! Really looking forward to this.
07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplr View Post
I do know you have the "little" version of this on Android, which leads me to my question: Is there going to be cross platform multiplayer? Unfortunately some of my friends have dairy products as their device of choice.

And a related question is your matchmaking system using iOS's GameCenter turn based API, your own homegrown system, or a mixture (i.e. using GameCenter as an authentication mechanism for logging into your own system)?

Thanks! Really looking forward to this.
It's already there and running. iOS vs Android vs whatever else we bring out later - pretty much everything!

The entire online experience is via our own servers, as Apples one won't let us join up with those robot types or anyone else. It's dead easy to join though.

We would love to use GC for friends and invites but that's against their terms and conditions so even that has to be custom for the game. It works nicely, but I apologise that there's an extra step here, we couldn't get around it.
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
hats off to Rubicon!

To add:

Online multiplayer will be cross-platform with PC, Mac and Android very soon! I have spent a significant amount of time with the multiplayer during the beta and it works flawlessly!

Congrats to Rubicon and I am confident that this game will explode on the app store!

Paul and the Dev team at Rubicon have a proven record and their transparent interaction with the community as well as dedication in giving this game the highest level of support moving forward is impressive for a game that only costs a few bucks!

Sooo who's ready to get their ass kicked in some multiplayer?!!

Xbox - Playstation - Nintendo - iOS - Android