★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
It's more about the 4th gen being listed in the game's description as being compatible. If it said that the game does not run on 4th gens... there wouldn't be anyone complaining. But if it says that the game runs on a device, you kind of expect it to.
Exactly !

(After about 7 crashes straight out of the app back to my homescreen i can finally play it, great little game just i can imagine there'll be many more crashes in the near future until an update is out)

Last edited by psj3809; 07-26-2012 at 08:57 AM.
07-26-2012, 08:57 AM
It looks like they edited the description now to exclude iPod touch 4G... Now only says iPad2 and iPhone 4 and up...

Ughhh. I wonder how many iPod users got soaked for $5... Leads me to believe that there is no intention to provide a patch.

And I was sure iPod 4 and iPhone 4 were same hardware, except for camera. I recall reading rhat somewhere way back when I bought my iPod...

Ah well, live and learn.

07-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Hmmm thats poor though. I'm tempted to moan to Apple and get a refund, specially if they've changed the description.

So we're all guinea pigs, they then see threads like this and realise it crashes on ipod touch 4th gen and now update the description ? Very poor.

I was going to buy all the episodes as i love the series (and the game is good) but its a bad move by them to cheekily edit the description after all us suckers have bought the game and had all these crashes.
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, users who bought it for their 4th gen touch's should definitely contact Apple for a refund now that they've changed the description... shame

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Seems like the iPhone 4 graphics are not spectacular, at all. Kinda a let down, but all in all the game is still fun. A few freezes here and there, but it's to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
Ask pbarillas how to make the character jump he's intelligent. He should answer. He sometimes doesn't answer though because he has other commitments like learning nursery rhymes, the alphabet and how to tie his shoe laces.
07-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, users who bought it for their 4th gen touch's should definitely contact Apple for a refund now that they've changed the description... shame
Also an email to support@telltalegames.com. Just emailed them myself to see if somehow an update will be coming, if they say 'nope not working for ipod touch 4th gen' i'll moan to Apple to get my money back. Big shame
07-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Finished it quite fast, probably 3-4 hours. Played on iPad 3, looks good for its style I guess. The text isn't Retina but the graphics and gameplay are. It's quite touching, my decisions really gave me feels.

iOS gamer since 2.0, PC gamer
Playing: GTA: SA, The Walking Dead Season 2
07-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Here's some gameplay if anyone's still on the fence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P51JR08gpYs&feature=youtube_gdata

07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
First time I play this and did an hour and a half straight... great story telling point and drag survival adventure, and with feeling... I see myself purchasing it all, its so good
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
First time I play this and did an hour and a half straight... great story telling point and drag survival adventure, and with feeling... I see myself purchasing it all, its so good
Yep, same here. Loving it.