Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: Samsung GALAXY S III - Worth it?!
All Your Base Are Belong To Apple? 18 75.00%
All Your Base Are Belong To Samsung? 5 20.83%
All Your Base Are Belong To Nokia? 0 0%
All Your Base Are Belong To Microsoft? 1 4.17%
All Your Base Are Belong To BlackBerry? 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I thought this story was pretty interesting although probably not deserving of a topic of it's own so I put it in here where it sort of fits.

Quote:
“Samsung has taken a sizeable lead in the smartphone market in terms of unit shipments,” a Juniper Research press release notes. “In the second quarter of 2012, Samsung shipped 52.1 million smartphones, just over double the number shipped by its leading rival, Apple—26 million.

And Samsung isn’t just doubling Apple’s smartphone sales, it’s actually growing its lead over Apple by a sizable amount. In fact, Juniper claims that Samsung’s lead over Apple actually doubled quarter-on-quarter. The firm cites the release of the new Samsung flagship handset, the Galaxy S3, as playing a key role in this domination. Samsung sold more than 10 million Galaxy S3 handsets in June alone.
Full story here

I'm starting to doubt if the iPhone 5 will be able to compete with the S3 (international version) nevermind the upcoming Samsung phones but with any luck it will mean better phones for everyone while they try and outdo each other.

Now if they can both just get on with making better products and stop all the silly court battles.