"A Green Start" by wilflare.us
Garden & Landscape Design is beautiful collection of pictures and notes designed to spark your interest in gardening. At this price, it provides a widespread of beautiful pictures that is bound to spark some ideas in you. Despite its great visual quality, there is room for improvement. If the developers (who are great to be honest) could further develop on the app, Garden & Landscape Design would definitely shape up to be something awesome.
Graphics - The app comes with a huge range of images and they look wonderful on the screen.
Music - I was surprised that the app came with music and they do sound soothing.
UI - The UI makes for easy navigation but I do believe this can be improved much more.
The main issue with Garden & Landscape Design is in its delivery of the entire concept. Users are often left on their own to figure what to do next after being inspired by the photos.
(1) What's Next Button - It can be a button that is located at the corner of the screen. By tapping the button, users would be shown an overlay that advises on possible actions. These actions can include options like Buy Now that links users to websites to purchase items they see on the picture. These actions can also include Plan Now or Draft Now for users to note down inspirations.
(2) Hover Tooltips - Rather than just showing an image and let players swipe to switch images. Create hover tooltips and deploy them on different parts of the image. When users tap on those parts, the tooltips will pop up and provide the user with more information.
(3) Book Design - Personally, I think the app would be better off as an iBook. This would allow the team to upload 3D images and let users turn the image to view different perspective. (This would enable users to view panoramic images as well). For now, the books should include swipe/page flip animation to allow for a more authentic book experience. Although the tips are decent, the font and overall design makes it for difficult reading. The background should not be same for all pages. Perhaps, each page should focus on one aspect and have a representative image as background.
(4) Personality - It would be great if the team can try creating a character/personality for the app. like Mr Green the Gardener and Ms Leticia the Landscaper. This would help give the app more personality and let this very personal experience of inspiration be brought across through the two characters. This would be extremely helpful for branding for the app.
(5) Radio - As much as I think the music is soothing in the app, it would be even better to allow users to play their own apps or listen to radio channels. Perhaps, the team can consider including and recommending a list of Gardening related radio broadcast.
Garden and Landscape Design has potential. Looking at all the beautiful images and the different books included, I think there is value at this price. But as stated in the title, it is only a Green Start. There is much more the team can bring to users with this app.
Left the above review as US iTunes Store as wilflare.us
This is for the iPad app
EDIT: wanted to mention how you can link to websites such as Amazon.com (but Apple blocked that.. if I posted the word Amazon, my review would not be recognized.. lol) yea user Amazon.com associate program and earn from the referrals as you send users to purchase actual gardening items from Amazon.com