Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcat View Post
Start scrapping & buying the smaller planes until your domestic fleet is all Kangaroos and Birchcrafts. Mohawks are handy when you have events in isolated Class 1 airports (like the current event in Norlisk).

I felt kinda sad ditching my loyal little Wallabys and Navigators. I got over it.
Thanks for the advice!The Mohawk came in really handy for this event!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

New event. Salvador. P-40 warhawk part. 50 jobs.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidubic View Post
New event. Salvador. P-40 warhawk part. 50 jobs.
I closed all my South America airports a LONG time ago.
Just discovered I can't drop a Blimp in Lima, won't make it to Salvador from there. (was thinking of feeding Salvador jobs from LA)
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I will participate in the event!Go #Toucharcade !
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabytm View Post
I'm level 14 now, started in North America and now I got a Pearjet which I fully upgraded in order to be able to get to London!

My fleet looks like this now:
1x Navigator C
1x Navigator M
1x Wallaby P
1x Griffon C
1x Airvan M
1x Kangaroo M
1x Birchcraft M
1x Pearjet M

Should I get rid of any of them?(I will most probably get rid of the griffon!)

I also got rid of all my Class 1 Airports!

Now, my question is, why do all guys say that having C/P is better than having M planes?I like the M ones because I am able to fill them much easier!Is there any sort of drawback for having more M planes than C/P planes?
I would get rid of the Navigator, Wallaby, Griffon and Airvan. They're not gonna make you much money, and you're at a point where you really need to save up coins & Bux.

Keep the Kangaroo & Birchcraft (in the Hangar if not actively in use), they're good cheap workhorses to have around, even when you get to a higher level they'll be useful for shuttling people and for those flight crew events to smaller cities.

With the Pearjet, try to load 5 going to the same place for the 25% bonus.

Using M planes or C/P planes is personal preference. Use whichever is easier for you. Loading C/P planes is easier upfront compared to M planes. My fleet is mostly M planes (with only 1 C and 1 P).
Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
I closed all my South America airports a LONG time ago.
Just discovered I can't drop a Blimp in Lima, won't make it to Salvador from there. (was thinking of feeding Salvador jobs from LA)
I pulled all my blimps and mohawks and have started returning my aeroeagles into service. One thing I have learned from events is do NOT get rid of old planes. Always keep the best class 1 and class 2 planes in the hanger for times like this. My blimps get a bit of a break with this event after going full bore on the last two.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I pulled all my blimps and mohawks and have started returning my aeroeagles into service. One thing I have learned from events is do NOT get rid of old planes. Always keep the best class 1 and class 2 planes in the hanger for times like this. My blimps get a bit of a break with this event after going full bore on the last two.
I put 2 AeroEagles on it and then they closed London and one of them was grounded for a bit. Grrr. I think London is open again so I better back to it...

I guess I'll have to put the blimps back into the hangar. They're slow, but I really liked how they're so BIG and easy to spot on my plane list, making it very quick to zero in on the event planes. I keep Blimp, Seaknight, Kangaroo and Birchcraft around for small city events.

Finally got my reward for Norilsk (ranked #14).
Old 08-08-2012, 03:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
I guess I'll have to put the blimps back into the hangar. They're slow, but I really liked how they're so BIG and easy to spot on my plane list, making it very quick to zero in on the event planes.

Finally got my reward for Norilsk (ranked #14).
Yeah, blimps are cool. Hoping to get them back in service for the next event.

Not sure who I was battling with since yesterday but I was 9th then got bumped to 10th and was slowly creeping up on 9th today. Last I saw I was 10th with 534 and 9th had 534. Either way I ended up 9th!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Not sure who I was battling with since yesterday but I was 9th then got bumped to 10th and was slowly creeping up on 9th today. Last I saw I was 10th with 534 and 9th had 534. Either way I ended up 9th!
I found myself in a late battle for position on this event. After bouncing around in the low 30s with occasional jumps to the high 20s, I decided to settle for 34th place which is where I was this morning. That is, until I checked the leaderboard and saw that a couple players were making a late push. The competitive urge kicked in, and I had to kill time waiting while my car was in the shop... finished at #27. Can't remember the number of jobs - 415 or so?

Time to check out South America.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Opened Salvador and now using New York as a hub to send my jobs with aeros.. Can be done with 5% range upgrade.