Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yep must admit i would love the original Ultima IV with its very old graphics, a while back there was someone trying to port the game but its been so long i think its mostly vapourware.

I hope Ultima Forever does well, wont start slating or moaning about it yet, need to see an actual demo/video of it. With Baldurs Gate coming out and also Ultima Forever it 'could' be a great time for RPG fans

I wish there was an 'offline' version of it but seems like it'll be online. Still looking forward to it just a pain if i have to always have a net connection

Last edited by psj3809; 08-06-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssylex View Post
Someone posted an account of their time with the beta. It's an... interesting read.

[url]http://pastebin.com/Ls1096ue[/url]
Good to know, at the very least to not to get expectations too high in advance
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I used to love the Ultima series so long ago on my Commodore 64. If they recreate one, I would hope they make it from scratch, but those were fun games... Brings back a lot of memories.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffekta View Post
Can we just have old school Ultima Online adapted to touch screens? That would be rad.

So so many hours poured into that game...
As long as it was classic UO, or perhaps even T2A (but nothing beyond that), it would be beyond rad. I have a wife and kids that I would like to keep, however, so I pray it never happens.

I am interested in seeing how this turns out, though. I'm keeping my expectations appropriately low, of course, since Richard Garriot has nothing to do with this.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
As long as it was classic UO, or perhaps even T2A (but nothing beyond that), it would be beyond rad. I have a wife and kids that I would like to keep, however, so I pray it never happens.
T2A for sure! I stopped playing after that so never saw the 3D remake they released.

Looks like it's still going! www.uoherald.com
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

*knock knock* Anyone there? This game had so much steam, yet the fire seems to be put out.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Same here, at least the title of the game is good as its taking FOREVER to come out.

Just wish they could port Ultima IV to keep us happy, that had very old skool graphics but had a huge open world to explore, would love to play that again. Sometimes they dont have to bother with new 3d models etc, just chuck out Ultima IV !!

From what i read before Ultima Forever was going to be a free multiplayer game, that already makes me nervous, no doubt freemium crazy
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

"Go show those thieves the Compassion this sword is made of !" This is gold!

I'm an Ultima noob - I just purchased Ultima VII from gog not that long ago. And I am still slowly going through Underworlds. And of course, Ultima IV.

Being more of a console rpg gamer, I still am surprised how much this series has influenced rpg's from the NES up to today. Even when reviews and other players say such and such a game is something fresh or new.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 PM

Been trying to follow this one for a while. Release date announced today as Spring 2013. Trailer also added to the website.

[url]http://ultimaforever.com/[/url]
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo50 View Post
Been trying to follow this one for a while. Release date announced today as Spring 2013. Trailer also added to the website.

http://ultimaforever.com/
Looking pretty awesome!

Closed Thread