Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Angel Salvation (by ONECLICK GAME Co., Ltd.)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 09-12-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game looks like it could be cool. I bought it for a buck. I won't have time to play it until lunchtime. The overall quality looks outstanding. I won't know anything about gameplay and IAPs and whatnot until I get a chance to play it. It's a cross between a matching puzzle game and an RPG, which seems to be a common theme amongst some of the better releases lately. Anyway, it might be worth checking out, especially on an iPad where the graphics look pretty slick.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm curious about the IAP and balance too, since the screenshots show a dual currency (coins and gems). The presence of a store and friends list also throws up a warning for me, since there has a been a glut of cheap and cheesy freemium social "card games" (I use the term loosely, since they rarely have any solid strategy).
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This definitely looks quite good! Can't seem to find any gameplay videos or trailers on the Interwebz though...
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
This game looks like it could be cool. I bought it for a buck. I won't have time to play it until lunchtime. The overall quality looks outstanding. I won't know anything about gameplay and IAPs and whatnot until I get a chance to play it. It's a cross between a matching puzzle game and an RPG, which seems to be a common theme amongst some of the better releases lately. Anyway, it might be worth checking out, especially on an iPad where the graphics look pretty slick.
Thanks for TOFTTing mate. I hope you could post an impression soon. Im currently busy with Legend Four and 10000000, so i will need to see some imps before i decide to get another puzzle rpg.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Not out in Germany yet.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

So...I've spent the past hour or so playing while on my lunch break. I have to say that I think there's a cool game here, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. The biggest problem is that the English is very, very poor, so you basically have to interpret everything that the game is telling you, even though it's supposed to be in English. It's so bad that the game is even spelled incorrectly on the springboard (AngeSalvation).

The main gist of the game is to assemble a group of 5 heroes. You match orbs (as seen on picture 2 of the screenshots), which then prompts the heroes of the corresponding color to attack. So, if you have 1 blue hero and you match 3 or more blue orbs, then that blue hero attacks. If you match more than 3 orbs, then the attack strength increases. If you have multiple heroes of the same color, then they all attack simultaneously. If you create multiple matches in a row via chain reaction, then the attacks multiply and everybody goes bonkers! It kind of reminds me of the old Final Fantasy games. You take a turn (move an orb), then the enemy takes a turn. You can move orbs without making a match, which could set you up for a bigger match on the next turn, but each time you do this, you could open yourself up to attack. Attacks continue back and forth like this until somebody runs out of HP. The attacks seem to have a number of rounds, each round with an increasingly powerful enemy. The matching part of the game is cool, but without more guidance, I really couldn't tell you what you're achieving with each victory. I can say that I've moved through a dozen or so battles and I've never once been in jeopardy of losing, so I'm hoping the challenge increases at some point...or maybe I'm just that good!

With each victory you earn coins, receive experience and level up. You also "receive" heroes which add to your legion. I really have no idea what the goal is here. Sometimes your legion is full, so then you can sell lower level heroes to make room for better ones. From this legion, you select your 5 heroes that you'll take in to battle. The details are kinda fuzzy.

Every once in awhile you earn diamonds. Diamonds appear to be the IAP in the game. I think you can purchase diamond packs, which gives you a chance to recruit higher level heroes. There seems to be some sort of randomness to the heroes that you unlock with the diamonds, like, surprise you got a super rare hero! The in-app store doesn't work yet, but that's typical for a brand new release, so I'm not able to tell you how much diamonds cost. However, it really doesn't matter because I don't know what you can do with the diamonds anyway.

The bottom line is that there is a really cool matching RPG game in here somewhere. There seem to be a lot of different currencies (coins, exp, mana, diamonds, help points), but I really couldn't tell you what you do with any of it. If you win your battles, you get more of said currency. Sometimes you spend some, sometimes you don't. I really wish there was a better help guide in clearer English because it might make much more sense. Overall, if you've got more patience than I do, then you may be able to figure out how all of the currencies interact. Me, I'll just keep on matching and attacking and leveling up until I get bored or something clicks. If you can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

The game itself looks great. The graphics are crisp and highly detailed. The polish of the game is there...except for the horrid English translation. Is it worth a dollar? Probably. With more instruction, I think it could be a fun little game. It doesn't appear as if the IAP will be necessary, unless you want to try to unlock some super rare hero, but I don't think that's necessary to win.

Oh...I almost forgot one important thing! A deal breaker possibly! The game warns you on almost every loading screen that you should play on a strong network connection. I believe this to mean that the game requires an internet connection to function. Battles, Events, Quests, whatever they call them seem to be generated via some sort of game server. There doesn't appear to be any single player campaign included or any multiplayer components. I'm always connected to the internet via wi-fi or 3G, so I really don't need to worry about it, but others may find this important.

Anyway...that's my $0.02. Back to matching and winning...stuff.

Last edited by CzarCastic; 08-14-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Old 08-14-2012, 12:18 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I noticed this on my Appshopper app this morning and was intrigued by the graphics, but had a couple of questions...

Can this can be played offline (not an mmorpg)?

How are the RPG elements (stat increases, weapon/armor upgrades, etc)?

Thanks for the initial impressions thus far.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Can this can be played offline (not an mmorpg)?
It's definitely not an MMO. There doesn't appear to be any multiplayer interaction at all. It's a single person RPG of sorts.

I put my iPad in airplane mode. When I tried to start a match, it told me "Incorrect Connection". So, I would say no, you cannot do anything of any significance in this game without an internet connection.

Quote:
How are the RPG elements (stat increases, weapon/armor upgrades, etc)?
Pretty shallow. You can level up your heroes in your legion. You can sell heroes to make room for new ones. I think you use diamonds to buy (possibly) stronger, rarer heroes. Leveling up a character, using one of the multiple currencies, seems to increase the HP, attack and defense of your hero. There aren't any weapons. The heroes colors seem to correspond to an element, water (maybe ice), fire, etc. But, this part of the game isn't explained very well. I believe that opposite elements are stronger against one another, but it's not been a very important aspect thus far.

Quote:
Thanks for the initial impressions thus far.
Sure thing.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:15 PM

Been playing this a little today and I'm really liking it so far.

It's basically a really familiar yet different take on the whole match-3 RPG genre.

Here are things that really resonate with me and make this a little more interesting than say Legend Four:

- I like the art better. Really good production values here, both audio and visual. This just feels solid.

- You get to manage and level up a team (with a bench of other characters too). Plus, you seem to unlock new members fairly often.

- You encounter multiple enemies at once with your team, and you can select who you want to focus your attacks on.

- The battle/puzzle mechanics are a little insane. Why? Unlike almost all match-3 games, where your pieces are locked into a grid and you are limited to where they fall and are stuck moving them along their usual vertical and horizontal grid line -- here you can move a puzzle piece anywhere you want on the board. You can set up your own massive combos. Except that each piece you move takes up a "turn" and monsters will attack after a certain number of turns, depending on the monster. So for bosses, you can set up a massive combo -- the risk vs. reward here is that you know you're going to take a hit so you need to factor in health blocks into your combo to sustain the damage, etc. It becomes very interesting with some of the harder bosses.

- Haven't had to even think about IAP yet.

I say give this game a chance if you like PuzzleQuest, Dungeon Raid, Legend Four, 10000000, etc.