Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Dangerous HD (Null Space) [Universal]

Old 08-16-2012, 05:08 AM

Quick Question:

Why should someone that did already paid $10+ for Dangerous pay it now a second Time?

What are the benefits?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Quick Question:

Why should someone that did already paid $10+ for Dangerous pay it now a second Time?

What are the benefits?
I don't think iOS Dangerous was ever priced that high unless you bought a desktop version.

If you've got the horsepower, the HD graphics are nice (planets/stars/moons are hi-res and animated, and some display options can go a step above "high" to "ultra-high"). Otherwise, you're fine with the SD version which was also upgraded to 1.1.0. Check out the free Dangerous HD Lite version first if you're on the fence.

Some of the big new features of version 1.1.0:

- exhaust, smoke, sparks, bigger and better explosions
- radial menu for autopilot and wing control; also available for modules
- better and simpler autopilot (both legs merged into one, so a simple dock or warp is all it takes)
- cloud save/load, can save to multiple local slots now, new autosave slot
- new shortcuts wheel and streamlined UI
- lots of fixes to dynamic quests, routes, etc.

Check the changelog on iTunes or our site for details. This is our biggest update yet!

Here's the trailer again in case anybody missed it:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-16-2012, 05:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

DL right now!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Stunning update binary helix, I am really impresessed with HD make over. For those on the fence there's never been a better time to get this, the streamlined interface helps getting into the game too (albeit I have been playing the SD for months now on and off).

While we are often told that "mobile gaming" lack any sophistication and depth it's great to a developer that provides exactly that , bucking the trend that surely would earn them far more money.

Anyway, you have at least one rabid and slightly aged fan!

Best of luck and I hope it gets the sales it throughy deserves.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Great work in the HD version , although I am still coming to grips with the new interface I think long term I will prefer it. I especially like the quick access to the co pilots. Some of the vistas looking simply stunning now, really immersive and I still can't believe I am playing this on a mobile device.

Speaking of which , the accepted wisdom seems to point to that this type of platform cannot cope with a sophisticated and deep game, thank you for not only proving this wrong but providing hours of entertainment to boot.

I truly hope this iteration is a glowing success, it thoroughly deserves to be.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 PM
iPad mini

Damn, I so wish I had waited for this version. I bought the regular one shortly after release, and still have not gotten around to playing it

Edit: oh and the original was 10 bucks for a couple weeks. I didn't pay that much, just sayin

Last edited by Royce; 08-16-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

FF to 1:30. Trailer needs more ass.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Wow this looks terrific! I didn't see this the first time around (SD version) but will grab the free demo and very likely grab the full HD soon after.

I LOVE that iOS is the new home for "lost" genres like space shooters, adventure games, and 4x strategy.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicro View Post
Stunning update binary helix, I am really impresessed with HD make over. For those on the fence there's never been a better time to get this, the streamlined interface helps getting into the game too (albeit I have been playing the SD for months now on and off).

While we are often told that "mobile gaming" lack any sophistication and depth it's great to a developer that provides exactly that , bucking the trend that surely would earn them far more money.

Anyway, you have at least one rabid and slightly aged fan!

Best of luck and I hope it gets the sales it throughy deserves.
We love rabid fans! Thanks for the glowing compliments!

Unfortunately, it seems very few iOS review sites (currently none) are willing to give Dangerous more than a cursory glance even after all the visual FX enhancements and streamlining we've accomplished. Not so much as a peep on the game's launch. Maybe it's too soon to tell, but they seem content to mention and review only the big publishers and casual games (including the 100th Temple Run knock-off). I think mobile gamers are ready for deep desktop-quality games, so I admit it's been discouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicro View Post
Great work in the HD version , although I am still coming to grips with the new interface I think long term I will prefer it. I especially like the quick access to the co pilots. Some of the vistas looking simply stunning now, really immersive and I still can't believe I am playing this on a mobile device.

Speaking of which , the accepted wisdom seems to point to that this type of platform cannot cope with a sophisticated and deep game, thank you for not only proving this wrong but providing hours of entertainment to boot.

I truly hope this iteration is a glowing success, it thoroughly deserves to be.
Crossing our fingers, but there were only 40 sales on launch day (yesterday), and it typically goes downhill from there without some press. We did get 900 lite installs, so we'll see how the conversion rate goes. But it's probably time for some guerrilla marketing tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Damn, I so wish I had waited for this version. I bought the regular one shortly after release, and still have not gotten around to playing it

Edit: oh and the original was 10 bucks for a couple weeks. I didn't pay that much, just sayin
I just checked the history on appshopper, and you're both right. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
FF to 1:30. Trailer needs more ass.
It was judiciously cut off before the pan went down to the "bottom" in case young eyes watched the trailer... At least in the game, it's all there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
Wow this looks terrific! I didn't see this the first time around (SD version) but will grab the free demo and very likely grab the full HD soon after.

I LOVE that iOS is the new home for "lost" genres like space shooters, adventure games, and 4x strategy.
I think the platform and the player base are ready for deeper and more mature games. Hope you enjoy it!