Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlbum View Post
<snip>

Holy schla-MOLEY, that was a wall-o-text

Guess I needed to get this off my chest. Guess I also should have considered the state of my conscious mind (it's almost 3 am here in Alaska >_<). In any case, I certainly hope the TA community gets something positive out of this, in some manner or fashion.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
WOW. Just about the finest post I've ever read here on TA. Very eloquently said. I'd like to see what you can write if it wasn't 3am and you were on TOP form!

Honestly though you have a great insight on the bigger picture and are absolutely right about the psychology side of things (IMO). I blame the Internet

About this game in particular. Not much new I can add to these 31 pages, but FWIW I'd like to
confirm that it's a well made game with great pacing for the way it's meant to be played (i.e. without IAP) and I hope the team is very successful with it. I'd like to see them expand it and maybe have sequels with other themes and ideas added, so give them a chance and pay the damn dollar if you are REALLY still undecided... (or don't - if all this doesn't persuade you I guess nothing will get through the elitist shell).

Fresh game... Love it
Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsThanea View Post

GeekyDad

Does it happen only if you reset the board or also when you are taping on Use Tool button?
Sometimes it will crash right after it says "out of moves," before I can choose either option. But it did let me choose "use tools" once last night.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:29 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@MrAlbum (a few posts up)
THANK YOU!! Right to the pith, well said.
This thread for some reason has attracted a few discussions that transcend this particular game.
I'm still mulling over what you said. Copy and pasted it into my notepad actually, so I can review it a few times.

As to this game, it's solid, it's fun , you can lose (it IS a game after all) and the IAP are totally optional. (2000 gold, no money spent). Support it so we can see some of the smaller changes people want. Except PLEASE don't touch the difficulty. At bet give an option, but I enjoy the possibility of losing if I dont play smartly.

Ps. - BUILD A SCARECROW!!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 AM

I'm completely addicted. The only thing I'd like to see added is cloud saving. Please make it happen!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Just started playing this and wow, I see myself playing this for hours and hours. A quick question though is what happens once you've filled up the entire kingdom? It appears there are only several spaces that won't take long to be filled. Will it expand or open up a new area eventually?

Also, taking the opportunity to post suggestions.. Would love in a future update to incorporate battles in the game. Not exactly sure how it'll work but I see the hire button including soldiers and then a third version of the puzzle game available in a Barracks where the resources gained are increased sets of different skills for your soldiers. The actual battle when you're attacked can just play out automatically and just appear as messages on whether you successfully defended or not, or it could also be another puzzle game.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebleeptruth View Post
Just started playing this and wow, I see myself playing this for hours and hours. A quick question though is what happens once you've filled up the entire kingdom? It appears there are only several spaces that won't take long to be filled. Will it expand or open up a new area eventually?
Don't worry. For each type of buildings you will have different spots on the map.There's no possibility that you will fill all slots for the buildings.

Quote:
Also, taking the opportunity to post suggestions.. Would love in a future update to incorporate battles in the game. Not exactly sure how it'll work but I see the hire button including soldiers and then a third version of the puzzle game available in a Barracks where the resources gained are increased sets of different skills for your soldiers. The actual battle when you're attacked can just play out automatically and just appear as messages on whether you successfully defended or not, or it could also be another puzzle game.
Yes we had this idea too. Maybe in the future updates of PC2. Right now it's pacifistic game about crafting and creating.
But you know - evil is always around a corner...
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Yeah, I think this game pretty much does everything right. The balance is just right, and the IAP is there but that's it -- it's not in your face, it's not necessary, but it's there if you want it. Only thing it needs is a few bug fixes. Otherwise, this is right up there with Kingdom Rush for my iOS GotY so far.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

This is just too beautiful.

•••Spoiler:  You get an achievement for doing this.

Last edited by justln; 08-19-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

LOL

How long did it take you to do that?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Don't worry. For each type of buildings you will have different spots on the map.There's no possibility that you will fill all slots for the buildings.
Great! Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Yes we had this idea too. Maybe in the future updates of PC2. Right now it's pacifistic game about crafting and creating.
But you know - evil is always around a corner...
Good of you to be active on our forum. Loving this game. And looking forward to new content in future updates. Please! Please! Unleash the evil! LOL