App description: IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We have confirmed a bug that prevents this game from running properly on iOS 8, and are currently investigating the matter. We humbly ask for your patience and understanding until the issue is resolved.

------------------
SUPPORTED DEVICES
iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and 5th generation iPod touch (excluding 16 GB models).
iOS 4.3 or later is required.

Square Enix's fresh-faced hit The New York Times called one of the best role playing games ever designed for anything has busted onto iOS in a big way, with a slick and addictive new combat system, eye-popping HD art, and (of course) plenty of zetta awesome reasons for longtime fans to double dip.

Arm yourself with psychic superpowers and battle your way through a 7-day gauntlet of action: the Reapers Game.

THE SETUP
-------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Shibuya, a mishmash of attitudes and styles in the heart of Tokyo.

A boy named Neku wakes up in a crowded intersection, alone and unaware of how he got there. Then, he receives a weird text: Clear this mission...or face erasure. With that, Neku is thrust into a life-or-death Game that sends him scrambling down streets paved with one riddle after another...

What is the Reapers Game? Why is Neku a Player, and what is he playing for? Will the Game really end if he survives all 7 days? Another mystery is always around the corner.

THE PAYOFF
- Intuitive, addictive combat with a twist
Activate your combat abilities, or psychs, with simple touch commands like tapping, slashing, and dragging. Comfy with that? Control Neku and his Game partner on the same screen and take the combat up a notch. Like loot? Boost your item drops in battle with the revamped Fusion system.

- Deep replay value
Finish the main story to unlock a hilarious bonus chapter, more quests and items to find, new combat challenges, and secret reports that flesh out the story even more.

- Explore a living, breathing city
Nekus sprawling world is based on the real-life Shibuya in Tokyo. Visit real locations and absorb some real Japanese culture through a hip fantasy lens.

- Redrawn art and Retina display support
Enjoy the game in full HD on your Retina-enabled iPhone 4 or later device. Art and animation across the game has been redrawn just for this release, making combat a beautiful experience. This is how all 2D classics should look.

- The ultimate soundtrack: 60 songs
Composer Takeharu Ishimotos complete, sonically sublime soundtrack is included right in the game with high-quality audio and full vocals, including remixes and new songs.

THE VERDICT
Praise for the original The World Ends with You:

Compelling and immaculately presented...from start to finish Gamespot

Nails just about everything it tries and it tries quite a lot IGN AU

Full of mysteries and surprises, interesting characters The New York Times

A compelling risk/reward system that...amply blesses the daring 1UP

Ice-cool artwork...impossibly catchy soundtrack Eurogamer

Games rarely have things this interesting to say G4TV

DS Best RPG/Best Story/Best New IP and DS Game of the Year IGN

chaos_envoys's comments:
it's available now!! $17.99 for iPhone version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I thought I just add a Picture so some do actually realize why the Filesize literally did explode if it comes to the The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS/Apple iDevice Retina) comparing posts.

Comparing the DS Resolution with the Retina. And yes those two small Picture on the Left are the actual Nintendo DSi Resolution. (Click the Picture to see it it in all it`s glory)

I hope that Way a few more do actually realize that you couldn`t just simple take the 60 MB Nintendo DS Build and just put it 1:1 on the Apple iDevice.

08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
I'm impressed with the file size - 2.3 gb uncompressed from what I read, wow.
I looked up the nintendo DS ROMs just to compare and the downloads are all 65-77 mb (so maybe 150 mb tops uncompressed?). Is it 'new ipad' retina to be so large?
I'm about to buy it, hoping the graphics are awesome on my ipad 2.

Edit: just found the pic Sanuku posted:
it's not the graphic alone you've got the soundtrack of the game featuring 60 songs with high quality audio and vocals with remixes and new songs, this takes huge space I would've preferred normal soundtrack though to reduce the game size

Edit: Forgot to mention that the game doesn't support the new iPad retina display but it's not bad though

Last edited by shero89; 08-27-2012 at 02:07 PM.
08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
I thought I just add a Picture so some do actually realize why the Filesize literally did explode if it comes to the The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS/Apple iDevice Retina) comparing posts.

Comparing the DS Resolution with the Retina. And yes those two small Picture on the Left are the actual Nintendo DSi Resolution. (Click the Picture to see it it in all it`s glory)

I hope that Way a few more do actually realize that you couldn`t just simple take the 60 MB Nintendo DS Build and just put it 1:1 on the Apple iDevice.

08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Found what seems to be a decent review here: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/08/quickadvice-twewy

'However, I do wish that Square Enix had made this a universal app, since there is literally no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions. Also, from some iTunes reviews, they decided to make the iPhone version unplayable on the iPad in 2x mode, which is just plain greedy.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shero89 View Post
it's not the graphic alone you've got the soundtrack of the game featuring 60 songs with high quality audio and vocals with remixes and new songs, this takes huge space I would've preferred normal soundtrack though to reduce the game size

Edit: Forgot to mention that the game doesn't support the new iPad retina display but it's not bad though
Thanks, yeah must be the sound since the review I linked above says there's no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions, plus the size is the same. Since my iPad is JB'ed and I have the RetinaPad tweak, the best for me would be to get the iPhone version.. but Square sucks and made it not run on the iPad. I have the iPad 2, just asked about it supporting the new Ipad resolution because I was impressed with the file size.

GameCenter: *kioshi*
Gameloft: kioshi
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Game Impressions

I signed up just to post this,

For those that are still thinking about whether they should purchase it or not, lt me answer that for you. Yes.

I've played it on the Nintendo DSi XL, however it was deemed too large to carry around as I like to travel often and prefer a smaller, lighter, loard. My iPhone.

Initial Impression + Gameplay:

This game is by far one of the shining gems in the vast library of Nintendo games. Now that it's on the iOS platform, I've decided to purchase it immediately. I wasn't disappointed at all, I can finally give my Nintendo DSi away knowing that there's a game like this ported to the iOS. I guarantee you it is a great game and it is well worth the money. I purchased the iPhone version and the iPad version for my girlfriend. So far we are both enjoying it, the combat system takes a bit of time to adjust to, but since I am familiar of the usage of the 'pins' in the combat system I immediately mastered the controls after a single battle. In fact, I prefer having both the protagonist (Neku and Shiki) on the same screen rather than having them separate. There are a variety of RPG elements (eg. Equipping clothes that provide stat bonuses or eating food which provides stat boosts), all which are integrated perfectly within the game.

Enter: Shibuya

You control Neku in a city-environment setting, using your fingers to drag him around. The setting of the game is impressive. Tall buildings immediately surround you, there are stores filled with brand names everywhere - you immediately get the sense of being in an urbanized city (In this case Shibuya, Japan). Take in the beautiful graphics and just explore the city. There are tons of people just wandering around doing their business it certainly establishes the setting well.

Soundtrack:

Now let me get this straight, I normally dislike this type of music but when it's paired up with combat I love it. The soundtrack was so good I decided to purchase the soundtrack after playing the original TWEWY and without a doubt I listen to some of the songs till this date. Albeit, I still dislike this type of genre.

Story:

I'm not going to say much because I don't want to spoil anything at all. Just let me tell you this, I've played games like 999: The Nonary Game (One of the best NDS game I've EVER played) and I can say that the story compares to that. It's grand scale and you'll certainly enjoy it like I did.

Conclusion:

Honestly, just purchase this game, it's only 20$ for the iPhone version and it's WELL worth it if you enjoy RPG games. *Note that I wrote this quick as I'm about the head to work, hope this at least convinces some of you guys to purchase this wonderful game!
08-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Found what seems to be a decent review here: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/08/quickadvice-twewy

'However, I do wish that Square Enix had made this a universal app, since there is literally no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions. Also, from some iTunes reviews, they decided to make the iPhone version unplayable on the iPad in 2x mode, which is just plain greedy.'

Thanks, yeah must be the sound since the review I linked above says there's no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions, plus the size is the same. Since my iPad is JB'ed and I have the RetinaPad tweak, the best for me would be to get the iPhone version.. but Square sucks and made it not run on the iPad. I have the iPad 2, just asked about it supporting the new Ipad resolution because I was impressed with the file size.
Yes the iPhone and iPad versions are basically the same so they decided to profit more by making two separate versions + disabling the iPhone version on iPad
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Welp, and I was really looking forward to playing this game. Sad day for my iPod. D:
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwaserty View Post
Welp, and I was really looking forward to playing this game. Sad day for my iPod. D:
I really feel sorry for you, on the bright side at least you didn't buy it and found out the hard way
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I was out feeding my chickens. While I was gone square didnt happen to release the is for the iPod did they?
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
IGN review of the game 9.5/10 !!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...o-remix-review
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
ok ok ok ok ok ok .. bought! :P