★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-05-2012, 03:57 PM
For me, having only played about 5 minutes.. All the polish of the first one is there and then some, first impression is its a really nice game which is certainly worth 99c. From what I can tell so far in game money is earnt pretty quick, I have raced 3 times on 2 tracks and have 1200 coins which is enough to start upgrading. The pimp my car stuff seems only to be cosmetic, so not a necessity. So far, so good!
09-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Ok, this is nit picking but can is there an option to turn off the arrow in front of the car? things like that are annoying.
Exactly what i was thinking too by watching Sanuku's video.

09-05-2012, 04:45 PM
the "coming soon" on cars i seen in the trailer irks me.
none to less, great game!
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
This was going to be an insta buy for me but I bought the first game on release and then it went free for ages (think it still is) so I'm going to pass.
Also the weapons/power ups kind of put me off as I liked the fact the first game focused on racing alone.
09-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
This was going to be an insta buy for me but I bought the first game on release and then it went free for ages (think it still is) so I'm going to pass.
Also the weapons/power ups kind of put me off as I liked the fact the first game focused on racing alone.
I haven't seen any weapons? You can upgrade stats (acceleration, top speed, off-road ability) and you can get silly things like coloured tyres.

I think the handling isn't great and the engine noise is downright stupid... It just constantly accelerates and changes up gear like you have 1738 gears! Weird!
09-05-2012, 08:17 PM
The original is still free. Just downloaded it and took it for a spin. More fun than I expected from the video. Good game!
09-05-2012, 09:28 PM
The game is pretty, controls well, but is ultimately very empty. If they were going for minimalist UI they succeeded in spades. It feels like a tech demo more than a game, no meat on the bone at all. Reckless Racing 2 is all this and a bag of chips.
09-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Are the achievements in-game only or are they connected to Game Center?
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
The game is pretty, controls well, but is ultimately very empty. If they were going for minimalist UI they succeeded in spades. It feels like a tech demo more than a game, no meat on the bone at all. Reckless Racing 2 is all this and a bag of chips.
Funny, because to my recollection the first game was promising but somewhat shallow. In this sequel, it would appear, instead of adding they have taken away?

While I'm here, any IAP in this?
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
yeah, this one looks much more streamlined. reminds me more of a modern "super sprint" (which pretty much appeals to me).

i like RR2, but it does not run perfectly smooth on my new ipad (for sure not 60fps), so i have an itch to scratch... getting this tonight