Turn-Based JRPGs?

09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Turn-Based JRPGs?

I've really loved Spectral Souls. It's a great combination of the best parts of RPGS for me; there's a (albeit linear) job system, upgrade paths (for weapons), chained powers, etc. There's also a non-linear story system which creates a really interesting experience. However, it lacks non-battle gameplay and can be a bit heavy on the dialog.

Yesterday I purchased the first chapter of Final Fantasy Dimensions but the real-time battle system crossed with the colossal amount of battles (read: every 10 seconds) has rendered it rather dull for me.

The other Final Fantasy's were fun… Chaos Rings was good too… I want to try Drakerider but I can't play it with an iPad 1 due to the lack of gyroscope. I'm quite into simulations (I buy every Kairosoft game without reading the review) but I had an issue with Adventure Bar Story saving and haven't got back to it.

Really appreciate any recommendations?
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Cthulhu Saves the World
Dragon Fantasy
Guardian Saga
Monster RPG 2
Crimson Gem Saga
Eternal Legacy
Tunnel Tail <--- This one is FREE, with no IAPs or any catch at all
The World Ends With You <-- definitely a JRPG, but a realtime one at that. Has the biggest amount of game content and mechanics in the whole iOS universe.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Know there's varying opinions on the Kemco RPG games - seems like you either like 'em or you don't. But I personally have enjoyed them.

If I were to recommend one of the bunch, I'd say Fantasy Chronicles is the best and most polished.
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
JRPG's

The Kemco RPG's are good, I really enjoyed them too. Too bad Fantasy Chronicles is pulled. I don't have Fantasy Chronicles, so I hope it's going to get back in the App Store soon.
09-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks a lot!
Really appreciate all the suggestions. I'll get stuck in looking at them.
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
The Kemco RPG's are good, I really enjoyed them too. Too bad Fantasy Chronicles is pulled. I don't have Fantasy Chronicles, so I hope it's going to get back in the App Store soon.
Ah, yes, I forgot that it was pulled. Apparently, there was some critical bug in it, but I never hit it. Hope it does get put back on the store as it really is a great game.
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm a bit biased here but how about Saturday Morning RPG? First episode is free.

Lead Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
Download Saturday Morning RPG for FREE!

Saturday Morning RPG Deluxe - unlock all current and future episodes for only $5.99

Breach & Clear - On sale for $1.99
09-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
I'm a bit biased here but how about Saturday Morning RPG? First episode is free.
Oh crap i think i just committed a sin not mentioning Saturday Morning RPG!

Yes, this is one great RPG for the iOS, and the third episode is coming in about a couple weeks.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Oh crap i think i just committed a sin not mentioning Saturday Morning RPG!

Yes, this is one great RPG for the iOS, and the third episode is coming in about a couple weeks.
I recommend that you buy the whole shi bang for $6. Its worth it.
09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Cthulhu Saves the World
Dragon Fantasy
Guardian Saga
Monster RPG 2
Crimson Gem Saga
Eternal Legacy
Tunnel Tail <--- This one is FREE, with no IAPs or any catch at all
The World Ends With You <-- definitely a JRPG, but a realtime one at that. Has the biggest amount of game content and mechanics in the whole iOS universe.
Dont get Crimson Gem Saga it no longer works on ios 5