Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: Will you be buying the iPhone 5?
Yes - I will be upgrading from my iPhone 4S 5 9.62%
Yes - I will be upgrading from my iPhone 4 16 30.77%
Yes - I will be upgrading from my iPhone 3GS (or older model) 4 7.69%
Yes - I will be upgrading from my current Samsung/Nokia/Blackberry/etc Phone 2 3.85%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my iPhone 4S 6 11.54%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my iPhone 4 7 13.46%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my iPhone 3GS (or older model) 2 3.85%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my current Samsung/Nokia/Blackberry/etc Phone 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
If one has an iPhone 4 or 4s already, finds that it does the job well then the iPhone 5 is a waste of money, considering a 5s/iPhone 6 will be out next year, then another upgrade after that and so on.

An a6 processor won't make much of a difference to iPhone gamers either. Sensible Developers will always program for the common denominator.

The occasional high graphic game that comes out which pushes the system to its limit won't be worth the few dollars or pounds relative to the cost purchase price of the hardware itself. In regards to the ammount of time entertainment said games will provide.

Infinity blade dungeons by the way, is optimised for the iPad 3 supposedly as the game was finished earlier in the year. It will probably still run acceptably on an iPhone 4 the developers will want to reach a mass market.

As for me personally, I will actually be programming properly for ios from this year alongside my university dissertation (which will also be apple programming)
And I see absolutely no reason to get involved with the fuss of a new shiny device. Just going to program for where the main market is at in relation to what I want to acheive and this will most certainly not be an iPhone 5 demographic.

I think apples new versioning is about "keep them mean and keep them keen". The only real reason to upgrade is after 2-3 years post to the model one currently has when apple and affiliated companies will drop out support.

Take snow leopard and mountain lion for example. If snow leopard does what is needed then stay with that and don't pay the extra to upgrade, what's the point? I did upgrade to mountain lion later than most (thankfully!) and only because there was a specific feature I wanted, which actually could have been implemented in the previous operating system but that is just apples profiteering at work.

Which leads to another example, early adopters for the majority of products are bitten hard and people who sit and wait will get the benefits of bug fixes, feature extensions... So on.

I can't wait to start doing all this proper programming (my curnt app doesn't count, did that in 30 minutes) and showing that it's not just about bling and flashies. Of course I'm not going to say what I'm working on though.

The moral of the wall of text is, don't rush to upgrade. No point!

Unless one doesn't have an iPhone at all, then go for it.
Makes sense, I like you