App description: A shoot-em-up with killer visuals, multiple vehicles and weapons, upgrades, and giant bosses.

9/10 on App-Score.com!

The Aliens have invaded. Take to the skies and defend the colonies with the most advanced Jets at your fingertips. Battle against waves of enemies and their giant bosses. Upgrade your favourite weapon, or equip a different one for the next mission. Add on special modules to beef up your Jet. Get the highest score multiplier, challenge your friends, and beat others around the world.

Features:
Slick hand-drawn art with 3D graphics, and sweet particle effects
Simple controls with engaging old-school game play
5 stages and 3 difficulty settings
Use the most advanced Jet fighter, the Merc-450, or take it to the next level with the HellCat, a helicopter that allows full movement anywhere.
Lots of enemy types: tricky Warper, armored Barfer, weird alien-squid thing, and more
Gigantic alien bosses like the fire-breathing Dragonus, or the fully armoured Dire, and many more
Equip new weapons like the spray-and-pray Machine Gun, or armor-slicing Laser
Add on extra modules such as the recharging Shields, or the devastating Shockwave bomb
Customize the look of your Jet with tons of awesome paint jobs, like Camouflage and Tiger-Shark
Game Center Leaderboads, Achievements, Challenges
Universal app with full screen Retina, including the New iPad and full widescreen iPhone 5

Latest update features the new Helicopter vehicle with 3 new weapons

For more great games, follow @forestmoongames and @cm_games on Twitter!

JoshCM's comments:

Description:
Features:
◆ Slick hand-drawn art with 3D graphics, and sweet particle effects
◆ Simple controls with engaging old-school game play
◆ 5 stages and 3 difficulty settings
◆ Lots of enemy types: tricky Warper, armored Barfer, weird alien-squid thing, and more
◆ Gigantic alien bosses like the fire-breathing Dragonus, or the fully armoured Dire, and many more
◆ Equip new weapons like the spray-and-pray Machine Gun, or armor-slicing Laser
◆ Add on extra modules such as the recharging Shields, or the devastating Shockwave bomb
◆ Customize the look of your Jet with tons of awesome paint jobs, like Camouflage and Tiger-Shark
◆ Game Center Leaderboads, Achievements, Challenges
◆ Universal app with full screen Retina, including the New iPad and full widescreen iPhone 5

Trailer:

Stage 2 boss fight:

09-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Nice polished shoot em up, a few niggles, its a shame you cant move forward yourself using relative touch, you basically just move up/down. Covered my ship with my finger a few times and then couldnt move the ship without taking my finger off and putting it down again.

Think i'm not really used to shooters like this where you can only move up/down, so in some ways its quite different and fun, on the other hand i think the game would be soooo much better if you had full control via relative touch (left/right as well as up/down).

Worth a dollar for sure and i'm looking forward to playing the later levels, just still taking a bit of time to get used to the up/down only controls
09-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

psj3809, you bring up an interesting point about horizontal movement, and it's something I been thinking about for a while. I've been wanting to add a new Helicopter-type vehicle to the game which might have some limited horizontal movement. It will also come with new weapon types as well (perhaps auto-fire even).

In general, we do want to update the game with more stages, enemy types, vehicles, and weapons. But I can't really promise anything until we see how well the game does.

Keep the feedback coming guys.

09-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. Like i say its something quite different only moving up/down, horizontal movement i think would be great as it'll be a really good shoot em up with full relative touch control.

But yeah catch 22, need sales/word of mouth before thinking of a major update. Hope the game does well for you, looking forward to playing it later
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
we'll consider adding that for sure. Glad that you are enjoying so far!
More updates to come Will be nice to see the reaction how it looks on the iPhone 5
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
very nice h-shooter with clean and crisp graphics... (multi-)targeting-mechanics reminds me a lot of panzer dragoon/rez, etc. which works great with touch & drag.

little drawbacks are visibility on the phone (way too much thumbs/fingers moving around at once), and on the pad you need to play with a stand or laid down (because holding and left-sliding doesn't really work as it should)

overall a pretty fine shooter and great value for only a buck... n1
09-19-2012, 04:29 PM
This is fun. I would love an option to use up/down buttons when playing on iPad so I could play with my left thumb comfortably.
09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
This is fun. I would love an option to use up/down buttons when playing on iPad so I could play with my left thumb comfortably.
Look out for this on the next update . In the mean time try turning up the steering sensitivity in the Options menu.
09-19-2012, 06:52 PM
The ship looks like it needs better anti-analyzing on iPad 3 can u update the ship so it looks as good as the background scenes otherwise love the game!
09-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Look out for this on the next update . In the mean time try turning up the steering sensitivity in the Options menu.
great! this will also improve playability on the phone big time... think two buttons (bit offset, platformer style with up/down) will rock

U
...D

Last edited by Janni; 09-20-2012 at 01:49 AM.
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janni View Post
great! this will also improve playability on the phone big time... think two buttons (bit offset, platformer style with up/down) will rock

U
...D
Gotcha.

The other thing is, I am thinking of adding in Survival (think endless shooter) mode with bullet-hell style gameplay. Instense, fast, and brutal (no shields).