Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Well done jnt325 - beat me by 1 point 60-61. I thought I had just done enough on the turn both Avatar of the Fallen and Hedron Cannon were on the Centre Board. Jnt325 killed a Wind Tyrant, and flipped a Mistake of Creation that I used to banish the Hedron Cannon.

In the end, jnt325 managed to run down the last of the honour using Yggdrasil staff. Very, very tight.

I'm now taking an hiatus because my girlfriend arrives back next week, and I've performed no decoration. So I need to get cleaning, painting, yada yada yada - and hope she doesn't notice the substitute girlfriend [Xbox 360].
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
Well done jnt325 - beat me by 1 point 60-61. I thought I had just done enough on the turn both Avatar of the Fallen and Hedron Cannon were on the Centre Board. Jnt325 killed a Wind Tyrant, and flipped a Mistake of Creation that I used to banish the Hedron Cannon.

In the end, jnt325 managed to run down the last of the honour using Yggdrasil staff. Very, very tight.

I'm now taking an hiatus because my girlfriend arrives back next week, and I've performed no decoration. So I need to get cleaning, painting, yada yada yada - and hope she doesn't notice the substitute girlfriend [Xbox 360].
Good games! Look forward to playing you in the future. :-)
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Good games riotgirl. Look forward to playing you again when you have the chance.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Bedroom decoration completed at beginning of the week; girlfriend returned to UK; and now Playdek are having a sale where every game is 99c. An opportune time to pick up both RoF and SoS expansions - especially because I felt dirty after paying 1.99 for a (albeit charming) game last weekend that sadly introduces artificial time constraints to drive consumable IAP.

The addiction starts again ..

I still have Chinese study and resume redrafting to do. Plus, I need to learn Chinese cooking [girlfriend]. So maybe some MP RoF week after next?

If anyone, like me, has the base game but doesn't have the expansions, now is the perfect time to pick them up.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Just discovered something this weekend. When you're zoomed in on a card that's part of a group of cards (like the center row or your hand), if you swipe left or right, the card will switch to the next card over (without zooming out). Just a nice little shortcut.

Also discovered the awesomeness that is Playdeks's Penny Arcade game. Wasn't sure what to expect really, but it's a lot of fun. A nice cross between Dominion (fixed cards piles) and Ascension (dual currencies and victory points on the cards you use instead of being separate).
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

About Penny Arcade : Far too easy imho. I just played it for the achievements and came back to Ascension ^^ However it's a good game, but i really prefer Ascension
Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
Bedroom decoration completed at beginning of the week; girlfriend returned to UK; and now Playdek are having a sale where every game is 99c. An opportune time to pick up both RoF and SoS expansions - especially because I felt dirty after paying 1.99 for a (albeit charming) game last weekend that sadly introduces artificial time constraints to drive consumable IAP.
Do NOT forget the Promo Cards!!! (sorry cannot help to feel stressing this enough)

If you have another-can-of-soda-to-spare, try the PA card game. I have gone through the tutorial (which is also excellent, btw), never read the manual and I feel good enough to go!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraam View Post
About Penny Arcade : Far too easy imho. I just played it for the achievements and came back to Ascension ^^ However it's a good game, but i really prefer Ascension
Easy how? To win? Or do you mean too simple of a game? I do think it has a very casual feel, but I think it has a good amount of strategy as well - just the simple choice of whether to go for green cards or red ones itself is an interesting element.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraam View Post
Agreed. Fun alternative to Ascension but I keep returning to Ascension. Far more strategy and depth to it. Plus I prefer the cards/abilities/designs in Ascension.

Add me on GC: Shaul305
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
Easy how? To win? Or do you mean too simple of a game? I do think it has a very casual feel, but I think it has a good amount of strategy as well - just the simple choice of whether to go for green cards or red ones itself is an interesting element.
I think PA comes off simple, not that it is EASY but it often feels so streamlined when compared to games like Ascension and Dominion. Like it would appear the 90% of the common cards are just basic resource production, attack, or defense. Other than a few esceptions, it doesn't feel like you'll ever be able to come up with anything but the most transparent of card combos in the game.

This being said I LOVE the concept of the Boss Loot cards! Each item of loot is somewhat unique to that boss and without a duplicate in a given session. In something like Dominion these loot cards would be the lynchpin of an elaborate combo but, due to the very random nature and scarcity of the loot cards, you could never really plan a big deck building strategy around any one of them.