App description: "Very addicting and fun"
"Benchmark in its genre."
"Mech Pilot plays surprisingly well on the compact touchscreen"

The Mech War has begun! General Riffin has joined forces with the alien race Kryllex to overthrow our King. I am Cara, the rebellion leader. I have sent out this training program to other worlds, searching for the best Mech Pilots in the universe. If you train well, you will be contacted

Large scale urban warfare:
Explore immersive city environments

Destroy, loot, and upgrade:
Collect Electro energy from your downed enemies and use it to upgrade the defensive and offensive capabilities of your mech. The more you play, the more powerful and farther you will get, so keep practicing pilot!

*NEW* Swipe to Dodge
Now you can swipe left or right to jump sideways, or swipe down to evade incoming fire!

Variety of weapons:
Weapons include machine gun, lasers, homing missiles, ion cannon, and a sniper mode.

Encounter unique enemies:
Enemies include tanks, jeeps, helicopters, alien scouts, patrols, bombers, soldier, elite, and titan mechs.

Roadblocks:
Sometimes you will be blocked and need to eliminate a single or group of enemies to proceed.

The latest in IOS and 3D features:
Social integration to share your rank
Real time entire scene dynamic soft shadows
God rays
3D sound (best with headphones)
Full screen antialiasing on iPhone 5 and iPad 3

Universal App;
Play Mech Pilot on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, the New iPad, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5 for a single low price.

For more games visit www.RockingPocketGames.com

RPGGuy's comments:
Satisfy your craving to blow stuff up with Mech Pilot, a console quality Mech combat game.

09-25-2012, 08:48 PM
$0.99? This is instabuy. I have to go somewhere now, but definitely buying this later.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Awww requires iOS6 I'll try it when I'm ready to update I guess
09-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I have my reservations about this one.I'll wait for game impressions.
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Man...requires ios6? What features are in iOS 6 that a game would require? I know Gamecenter was tweaked a bit, but I can't really think of any reason off of the top of my head.
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM
It uses the social integration to share your score on Facebook and Twitter. It also prevents people from running it on older devices which would be too slow (ie iPad 1). This is a very demanding game for the gpu.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
09-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Looks phenomenal! Any chance this runs moderately well on an iPod Touch 4G? Also, what game engine is this running on? The lighting looks great.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Nice.

Multiplayer. Please.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
09-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Iap?

iPhone 6 + 4S + iPad 3 + Mac Mini

GameCenter: dadiduekappa
09-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
It uses the social integration to share your score on Facebook and Twitter. It also prevents people from running it on older devices which would be too slow (ie iPad 1). This is a very demanding game for the gpu.
Is the social integration (which can be done without 6.0) worth the lost sales you face by only supporting 6.0? I'm not attempting to be sarcastic, I'm serious. Dead Rising (just mentioning the game I last played) automatically logs into my Facebook and Twitter accounts, so that someone can rescue me if I die.

I'm very interested in your game, but I think you're making a mistake. I'm not upgrading from 5.1.1 until the first bug fix release, at the very least. I'm sure my hardware is capable; I have an iPhone 4S. When it comes to the hardware, as long as you leave a disclaimer in the game description, you're fine.

Very rarely do new apps target the highest spec available or the absolute newest iOS version so soon after its been released. I think you might want to reconsider that requirement if you intend to recoup the costs incurred during development.

Just as an example, the face of iPhone 5 gaming, as blessed by Apple (LILI), doesn't require 6.0 to run.

Last edited by Greyskull; 09-25-2012 at 10:21 PM.