★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience the thrill of adventure with Pilots Path an old school top down view helicopter flying game, perfectly optimized for Retina Display. Feel like a first-class pilot, explore over 50 islands, fulfill risky missions, enjoy the trendy retro design, beautifully rendered cut scenes and the cute girl-mechanic.

Pilots Path is one of a very few games specifically designed to provide a better experience for players having a second iOS device, an Apple TV or a TV Out cable. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, AirPlay and all types of TV Out cables, it supports all the possible multi-device configurations and a single device, as well.

The game tells a story of a former USAF pilot. Dishonorably discharged after an accident with an expensive military plane, he makes his way back to the sky carrying out missions for criminal underground bosses. Download now, hit the sky and feel the rush!

FEATURES
Randomly generated maps for each new game
Explore over 50 islands in 2 locations
Collect and sell items from across archipelagos
Make improvements to your helicopter
Upgrade hull, fuel capacity, speed, radar range, and more

UNPARALLELED, ENGAGING DESIGN
Joystick controls that make flying easy and intuitive
Beautifully rendered graphics and cut scenes
Retro design maximized for retina and full HD displays

OPTIMIZED GAMING EXPERIENCE
Simple, super easy TV and remote setup
Control remotely with another iOS device via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Play on a TV or a projector HDMI, Airplay, VGA, RCA supported
Configurable TV resolution for slow Wi-Fi connections
Full HD and other resolutions natively supported
Universal app, optimized for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Game Center achievements

MORE COOL APPS
Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
Scany - Wi-Fi/LAN network scanner

Echoseven's comments:

Quote:
Pilot’s Path is an old school, open world helicopter simulator where you’ll play as a dishonorably discharged USAF ace pilot. Without anywhere else to turn, you’ll delve deep into a criminal underworld where kingpins and drug lords will call upon your expert services to deliver certain... illicit goods. Make them angry and it’ll be more than your career that’s dead.

Most folks don’t feel secure unless they have both feet planted firmly on solid ground. Long flights just aren’t comfortable, and turbulence makes them feel sick. But you’re different. You’re an artist in a helicopter, and the skies are your canvas. Making a quick buck by slinging goods for the highest bidder, exploring the world from high up in your cockpit, and living life by your own rules - that’s the Pilot’s Path. So throw away your standard issue pilots’ handbook and pump up the throttle.

The world is your oyster...
• The world of Pilot's Path is unpredictable
• Randomly generated maps for each new game
• Explore over 50 islands in 2 huge locations
• Collect and sell items from across the archipelagos to make more money
• Visit the mechanic to make improvements to your helicopter
• Increase hull integrity, fuel capacity, speed, radar capabilities, and more
• Plenty of missions to keep you occupied

Unparalleled, engaging design...
• Joystick controls that make flying your helicopter easy and intuitive
• Beautifully rendered cut scenes
• Unique retro design maximized for retina and full HD displays

Enjoy the flight with an optimized gaming experience...
• Control remotely with another iOS device (via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
• Play on a TV or a projector (HDMI, Airplay, VGA, RCA supported)
• Configurable TV resolution
• Full HD and other resolutions supported
• Simple, super easy TV and remote setup
• Game Center achievements
• Universal app, optimized for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

09-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Is it just me, or is this a Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike clone with randomly generated maps?

Unfortunately, it looks like Pilot's Path is missing the one key ingredient that made those games fun... blowing stuff up!

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

09-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Christ, they actually refer to her as "the sexy mechanic"?

At the same time I do kind of like the art style in this, whereas normally I can't stand most games that do the retro look. Ordinarily it just strikes me as lazy but this, along with a randomly generated world... Might give it a shot.
09-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Is it just me, or is this a Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike clone with randomly generated maps?
I must agree, yet to me it's more like a game I player back in 1990th on ZX Spectrum. We played it with my neighbor and his brother in turns While one played, others were drinking tee...
09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Wow, it's basically a modern update on the 8-bit classic Raid on Bungeling Bay by Broderbund, but.. without the shooting?
09-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Wow, it's basically a modern update on the 8-bit classic Raid on Bungeling Bay by Broderbund, but.. without the shooting?
yesssss!!! i've just played Raid on BB on the C64 app two days ago! what a game!!! what a days!
09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Pretty retro! I will probably give this a shot.
09-27-2012, 01:36 AM
I went ahead and bought it. Anyone that supports HDMI out is a friend of mine.
09-27-2012, 02:51 AM
Is there absolutely no combat? Does it work okay without?