Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 PM

I just purchased and installed this game on my iPod Touch 4G (iOS 6)...it does not load beyond the initial Unity splash screen, then crashes to the desktop. I uninstalled it and re downloaded it again to verify that it wasn't just a bad download. I also restarted my iPod each time I installed it, but no success. Is there an issue with running this game on iOS 6 and are other people having the same issue that I am having?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluray687 View Post
I just purchased and installed this game on my iPod Touch 4G (iOS 6)...it does not load beyond the initial Unity splash screen, then crashes to the desktop. I uninstalled it and re downloaded it again to verify that it wasn't just a bad download. I also restarted my iPod each time I installed it, but no success. Is there an issue with running this game on iOS 6 and are other people having the same issue that I am having?
Doesn't work on my iPod either, luckily I have an iPad which runs the game.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluray687 View Post
I just purchased and installed this game on my iPod Touch 4G (iOS 6)...it does not load beyond the initial Unity splash screen, then crashes to the desktop.
Yes there is an issue! There is currently a crash on load bug on some hardware. A fix which should resolve the issue was uploaded yesterday and will be available as soon as it is approved by iTunes.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Fleet View Post
Yes there is an issue! There is currently a crash on load bug on some hardware. A fix which should resolve the issue was uploaded yesterday and will be available as soon as it is approved by iTunes.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Thank you for the quick response...I will look for the update soon
Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 PM

Pacific Fleet is in rough seas and taking a pounding from 1 star reviews due to the crash on load bug for iPad 1st gen, 3GS and iPod Touch users. Despite fixing the bug, we've still got 10-12 days to weather the storm while Apple reviews the update.

Negative reviews are significantly damaging the adoption of the game by players and these next few days may ultimately determine whether the project is able to continue.

For those whom the game works and would like to see the game/series continue I'd encourage you to write reviews on iTunes and post on forums. We need to set the record straight about game and that development is active and working hard at making a great game. (for more info see the Developer's Page)

For those whom the game currently does not work, I share your frustration as is infuriating to be unable to roll out the fix immediately for you. It is certainly your prerogative to review the game as you see fit but I ask you to take pause and consider whether a temporary bug warrants the potential cessation of the entire project.

The Loose Lips Sinks Devs campaign was inspired by the following review on iTunes (US).

Quote:
Lets get real *****

by Jmac006 - Version 1.0 - Sep 22, 2012

I normally do not review games, I'm a store mgr at GameStop so I see way to many to bother reviewing, however the dev is getting so screwed by people who can't read and who use old garbage I had to correct this wrong. I almost didn't buy this game because of the reviews, it seemed to work for some other people though and all the bad reviews were only for people who couldn't get it to work so I said, I have an iPhone 4 and its updated so ill try it. I bought it, had no issues. I waited in line all night, got the iPhone 5 and haven't had any issues with the game. The actual game is simple, fun and addictive. It Reminds me of silent service for the old original Nintendo only it actually has more ship options then that did. This is a definite buy Lets get real people, it's not a 100 million dollar aaa title, it's a dollar app, you get way more in entertainment then what you pay, give the game a shot and give the dev Credit for putting this thing together, it's very entertaining. Buy it and enjoy the game
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM

v1.01 Released. Fixes the crash on load issue iPad 1st gen, 3GS and iPod Touch users were experiencing.

Thanks for your patience while we got that resolved.

Good hunting and looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Fleet View Post
v1.01 Released. Fixes the crash on load issue iPad 1st gen, 3GS and iPod Touch users were experiencing.

Thanks for your patience while we got that resolved.

Good hunting and looking forward to hearing your feedback.
I wish that I could say that all is well now and that I am enjoying this game...unfortunately nothing has changed for me. The game still crashes at the Unity splash screen. I am not running any apps in the background, so I don't know why it isn't working. I guess it will go on the back burner for now until the issue is solved...sorry, I really want to play this game.

UPDATE: I am a bit confused, but here's the latest. I had already deleted the previous version of the game from my iPod when it was crashing prior to the new 1.01 update since I knew there was an identified problem and that the dev was working on fixing it. So last night I had re-downloaded the new version and was still having the same issue with crashing (as per my previous post). At that point I just went to bed and figured I'd wait for responses here. This morning when I booted up my iPod to use a different app, the App Store had an update flagged to be downloaded and when I checked what app it was...it was this game. Got the update and now it works...how f'd up is that?? Strange but now at least I can try out this game later on today. Just thought I would let the dev know and say thanks for the latest update!

Last edited by bluray687; 09-26-2012 at 07:02 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 PM

That is strange... glad you got it working in the end.
Hope you have fun with it.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 AM

Edit: Never mind, sussed it. Enjoying this!

Last edited by Fazana; 09-28-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazana View Post
Edit: Never mind, sussed it. Enjoying this!
Let me know if its something I can add to the documentation or make clearer in some way.