Angry Birds Star Wars (By Rovio)

10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Angry Birds Star Wars (By Rovio)

"A new game, officially titled Angry Birds Star Wars, takes Rovio's iconic birds and recasts them as Star Wars characters. The Red Bird will be Luke Skywalker - but there's no word on which bird landed the coveted role of Han Solo. (Our money is on Yellow).

A vast line of Angry Birds Stars Wars toys will accompany the game launch. There are reportedly more than 50 licensees signed up to create tie-in products ranging from kids bedding and apparel to toys. An Angry Birds Star Wars version of Jenga is even in the works, allowing kids to launch birds at a tabletop deathstar in an attempt to topple it."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/0..._medium=social

Out November 8!

Find me on Twitter

Last edited by killercow; 10-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.
10-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Please be don`t as much boring as the other Once, please be don't as much...

10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLP View Post
This is f**king ridiculous.
I see where your coming from... but
through the eyes of a father of 3 young boys who like Star Wars, Angry Birds and the new Bad Piggies, this is actually going to be popular for the kiddos. It actually could be a great mash-up. I know for sure my oldest will like the idea and instantly ask for it for upcoming Birthday/Christmas... which is exactly what where Rovio and Lucas are betting their success at.

Is it a cash-grab idea? Sure.. a pretty genius one at that.
10-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Milk it till' it's dry.
10-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Milk it till' it's dry.
Yep.
10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Some crossovers I can understand, but this one I can't wrap my head around. It just doesn't seem like it's going to work well.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
10-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Let me ask you guys something. Would you milk it if it was putting more in your wallet?
10-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axonometri View Post
Let me ask you guys something. Would you milk it if it was putting more in your wallet?
Not if it would cheapen the name of my company to the average consumer.
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axonometri View Post
For one, it would have already filled my wallet more times than I could count. Secondly, I personally would find it boring developing the same game several times no matter how much they vary.
10-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLP View Post
For one, it would have already filled my wallet more times than I could count. Secondly, I personally would find it boring developing the same game several times no matter how much they vary.
Doesn't stop Nintendo or Ubisoft. Over saturation is a problem. I just don't see it here. Star Wars has been over saturated from underwear to &$@ toys. They just keep pumping them out. Because it sells. I hear you though. I'm all for traditional ethics. Which is why if your in USA please go vote! Sorry off topic little there.