App description: Love playing PathPix? Tickle your brain cells even more! Twist and turn to find your way through a LOOPical labyrinth.

In each puzzle you'll be looking for the one path that visits all of the squares in the grid exactly once to make a LOOP. Solve all the puzzles in a chapter to reveal a mystery photo and quote, step by step.

LOOPICAL FEATURES
---12 Chapters - 108 puzzles
---A LOOPical photo and quote for each chapter
---Graduated difficulty, from super easy to super hard.
---Optional sound effects and music

SIMPLE RULES - COMPLEX PUZZLES
---Draw a closed LOOP that goes through EVERY empty square on the board once and only once.
---Some squares hold shiny black or white blocks. These squares are - blocked. The loop does not go there.
---Some squares contain clues that restrict the way you can go:
+Yellow = go this way.
+Red = go straight.
+Blue = must turn.
+Green = three turns or three straights in a row.

TIPS
---You don't have to draw the whole loop at once. Draw pieces of the loop, places where you know it must go, and then connect the pieces.
---Take a wrong turn? No problem. Draw backwards or use the undo button or the eraser.
---All puzzles can be solved logically, but you can always resort to intuition if you get stuck!

LOOPical is based on the original PC game "LOOPical" by KpixGames.

pluto6's comments:

Kris Pixton is a developer that makes some of my most beloved puzzles. This just came out a few days ago, and I just saw it today. I'm sure that many other Pixton fans will buy it just like I did, without even knowing what it's about - the puzzles are always just that good. Enjoy!!
10-05-2012, 12:07 AM
!!!!!!! instabuy since it's by the author of Pathpix. those games are genius.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I love all of your games and this looks like an interesting mix of masyu and yajilin so I'm definitely picking it up. My only complaint is that none of your games have gamecenter achievements, is there any chance of implementing that in the future? I think it would add a lot of incentive for us trophy seekers and completionists out there

Last edited by .THOTH.; 10-05-2012 at 11:44 AM.
10-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Another genius puzzle game by Kris Pixton. As is typical, starts pretty easy, but has a nice ramp up, then starts getting challenging. If you like / love PathPix puzzlers, you will want to add this one to your collection. It's universal as well, so that makes it nice.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Another genius puzzle game by Kris Pixton. As is typical, starts pretty easy, but has a nice ramp up, then starts getting challenging. If you like / love PathPix puzzlers, you will want to add this one to your collection. It's universal as well, so that makes it nice.
Pluto, can you explain what the deal is with the colored symbols? I'm not getting it from the app description. I'm wondering if directional arrows or something other than color would have made more sense.
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Pluto, can you explain what the deal is with the colored symbols? I'm not getting it from the app description. I'm wondering if directional arrows or something other than color would have made more sense.
I have not got that far. Basically you have to connect loops, and there are blocks, or arrows that you have to follow. I think those + symbols are paths that you have to follow to allow various colored loops to be able to cross one another. All empty squares must be filled with your loop, but there are paths that one must follow in the form of either blocks you can't move through, or arrows or other blocks that you hacve to move through in a specified manner.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-06-2012, 09:53 AM
LOOPical clues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
LOOPical uses 4 different types of "clues". These clues restrict where the path can go, like road signs. The game has a short explanation of each clue type when you first encounter it.

The yellow "GO THIS WAY" clues are introduced first. They have directional paths drawn on them that show which way the path must go through the clue square.

The red "GO STRAIGHT" clues come next. They aren't just red blocks - they have paths drawn on them to help you remember what they mean. The path must go straight through each red clue square, either horizontally or vertically, not both. The path in LOOPical does not cross itself.

Next, the blue "MUST TURN" clues are introduced. The path must turn as it goes through each blue clue square.

Finally, you will meet the green TRIO clues. The path must go STRAIGHT - STRAIGHT - STRAIGHT or TURN - TURN - TURN, with the green trio clue in the middle of the sequence.

The path is a single loop that goes through all free squares. Solve the puzzle little by little until it all comes together. The puzzles are graduated in difficulty, from absurdly easy to very intricate.
10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Ah, thanks Kris. I get it now. I'm definitely going to pick this up, as I'm a fan of PathPix.
I would love to see you add support for landscape mode to your titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispix View Post
LOOPical uses 4 different types of "clues". These clues restrict where the path can go, like road signs. The game has a short explanation of each clue type when you first encounter it.

The yellow "GO THIS WAY" clues are introduced first. They have directional paths drawn on them that show which way the path must go through the clue square.

The red "GO STRAIGHT" clues come next. They aren't just red blocks - they have paths drawn on them to help you remember what they mean. The path must go straight through each red clue square, either horizontally or vertically, not both. The path in LOOPical does not cross itself.

Next, the blue "MUST TURN" clues are introduced. The path must turn as it goes through each blue clue square.

Finally, you will meet the green TRIO clues. The path must go STRAIGHT - STRAIGHT - STRAIGHT or TURN - TURN - TURN, with the green trio clue in the middle of the sequence.

The path is a single loop that goes through all free squares. Solve the puzzle little by little until it all comes together. The puzzles are graduated in difficulty, from absurdly easy to very intricate.

Last edited by Misguided; 10-06-2012 at 06:54 PM.
10-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Not a bad game, thought id buy it
I really love the pathpix games. I just finished pathpix joy. I'm hoping another pathpix game comes out.
10-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
Not a bad game, thought id buy it
I really love the pathpix games. I just finished pathpix joy. I'm hoping another pathpix game comes out.
I have been playing it - fun game ! It DOES help to read the instructions / help. Some puzzles are rather hard to beat. Since the levels are fairly short (at least to start), I find myself doing "just one more".
I'm a little surprised its universal (the pathpix games weren't). Now if they would only add icloud saves.