iCade 8-Bitty

10-09-2012, 10:37 AM
iCade 8-Bitty

The "iCade 8-Bitty" seems to be available (again?) on [URL="http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ecea/"]ThinkGeek[/URL] for $30 (no, i'm not associated, and have nothing to gain).

I'm assuming this controller has the same compatibility as the full iCade cabinet. Seems great-- cheaper, and more portable.

Anyone have/tried one?
10-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has tried this, besides at conferences and reviewers.

I enjoy my iCade, but it's huge, clunky and loud (joystick movement and buttons). I went ahead and ordered one of these. I hope it's good. Price and size are good... I am excited.

10-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfsu View Post
I enjoy my iCade, but it's huge, clunky and loud (joystick movement and buttons). I went ahead and ordered one of these. I hope it's good. Price and size are good... I am excited.
Agree on all accounts. Ordered and looking forward to trying it out...
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Just ordered one as well, chose the cheap slow postage to England so it'll take a while (Otherwise was another 25 dollars).

Looks great, looking forward to using it on MAME/Spectrum emulator mostly.

Nice cheap device, hopefully should work well
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I got the same email saying they're back in stock but I'm not sure if there was a first run. I've tried to look for any review or mention from a real user and it's impossible.

@psj3809 I'm also ordering one to the UK, lets see how long this takes
10-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Just ordered to the UK too. Looking forward to playing iMame, Minter, Mikey Shorts and Commander Pixman with it.
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
iFBA is going to get better!

Just ordered as well. I already have 2 iCades...1 at work and 1 at home. I cant wait to use this for Street FIghter X Tekken vie Blutrol (best 6$ ever spent!). Along with the 50$ to buy new microleaf controllers to get rid of the horrible clickyness, on both, of the originals.

I just want to know how this will mess us synking with my iCades?

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Button layout

Just got my 8-bitty and fired it up. The button layout is all crazy compared to the icade cabinet. I figured out the layout differences, which is EXTREMELY useful when using BluTrol.

That actually took me a minute to figure out, but I figured I'd share it here with all of you wonderful people. Have fun! The 8-bitty is a very nice little controller, and is WAY better than using a wiimote with BluTrol.
10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Beyond Ynth HD just got an iCade Update which lets you map icade buttons

FDG Entertainment
Across Age, Banana Kong, Venture Kid, Blosics, Bloody Harry, Blueprint 3D, Beyond Ynth, Tower Boxing, Paperama, Car Toons!, Chicken Raid, Clear Vision, Crystal Siege, Tentacle Wars, Expand it!, Captain Antarctica, Cover Orange, Roar Rampage, Slayin, Slide Circus, Oceanhorn, Parachute Panic, Physics Gamebox, Bobby Carrot Series and many more!
Follow us on Twitter
10-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Many thanks for that image, Squablo.

Looks like they really want people to use those shoulder buttons!

I'm very surprised 9 and Enter aren't on the "select" and "start" buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!