App description: Polara is a new take on the free-runner platformer that incorporates traditional challenging gameplay with color-switching strategy. Utilize color coded speed ramps, launching pads, gravity waves, hex bombs, and energy platforms to survive as you escape the clutches of an evil security system hell bent on destroying all those that oppose. Immerse yourself in the world of Agent Lara, a defense system special agent, that finds herself between a massive world power and the sympathies of a rebel cause. Help her down the path of death defying obstacles to find the truth behind her past, present and future.

If you want an innovative game that gets your heart pumping and brings a smile to your face then look no further. Many who've tried have discovered the brilliance behind the level design in this game. We challenge you to try Polara and not get pulled into the free flowing but always changing gameplay. Complexity in simplicity.

Chosen one of the top Platformers 2012 - TouchArcade.com http://bit.ly/ZAGjkY

4.5/5 TouchArcade.com **Game of the Week**
4.5/5 148app.com **Editor's Choice**

// FEATURES \\
- 50 unique and challenging story based levels
- 4 Major Boss Battles
- 5 beautiful environments
- 6 endless unlockable modes
- ABSOLUTELY NO IAPs - Fully complemented title
- Beautifully painted story artwork
- Extended play-through content as story levels unlock collectibles that make you play every level differently

HTWGames's comments:

Free version:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/polara-free/id799054823?ls=1&mt=8

10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Looks pretty cool

10-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Take my word for it that this game is tough...like really. You're gonna have to balance your brains to play this well.

Btw, why is this classified as a runner? Shouldn't it also be classified as a platformer? I feel its a platformer.
10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Been waiting for something like this since Ubisoft's Outland was only released on consoles.
Looks like a great polarity/gravity/Ikaruga platformer.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm all over this one tonight
10-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Btw, why is this classified as a runner? Shouldn't it also be classified as a platformer? I feel its a platformer.
To me a platformer is any game where you can stop and go left/right and take your time. A runner is a game where the character constantly moves and you cant stop them apart from move up/down/jump/fire etc.

When i think of platformers i think of Manic Miner, Mario Land, Sonic etc.
10-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Been waiting for something like this since Ubisoft's Outland was only released on consoles.
Looks like a great polarity/gravity/Ikaruga platformer.
I'm not much of a console gamer, but I just checked out some gameplay footage of Outland and boy must I say I'm impressed. Hopefully that comes to mobile sometime soon.
10-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Been following this, and i cant wait to play it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-10-2012, 10:59 AM
So freak'n psyched about this one. The trailer looks outstanding. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download & PlatEAU
10-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Been waiting for this, everything that develops the Ikaruga system is worth my attention.
Can't wait to play it!