Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelion View Post
@ Habakuk
I also have a iPad 3 and iOS 6.0 and I'm sure that this level is passable. ;-) Here are screenshots with one-star solution. If you would like to I can send to you three-star solution on priv.
Strange. It's definitely not passable here. I tried it twenty times or so. Look at my screenshots. The error is right at the very beginning. The first board vanishes from alone although I placed it. But the birds can pass even without (visible) board and fall down behind the board (through the second—visible—board). And even when it's there (when I place it once more in a second run) the birds are falling down through the second board.

As everyone can see it's not okay. The correct way is marked (white dots) but there is no board (third screenshot). There MUST be an error. And it happens no matter with grid on or off. I didn't try your solution exactly—your construction is a tiny bit different but that should make no difference. There should be more than one solution possible.

There are other errors as well (see my first posting in this thread).

Please correct that because for me the game ends @ III/10 and I am missing the last two worlds. Or make it so that I can choose any level.

Last edited by Habakuk; 10-15-2012 at 06:22 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 AM

We can't repeat it... We built the bridge (like you did) on several iPads and everything is ok - it's correct solution. Did you restart game or so on? I will send you an e-mail with some info in a few minutes.

Does anyone have something similar?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelion View Post
We can't repeat it... We built the bridge (like you did) on several iPads and everything is ok - it's correct solution. Did you restart game or so on?
Yes. Restarted game and even rebooted iPad.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it only happens when the complete bridges of that level are built (only one or two boards remaining). It doesn't happen when I let em walk over the first (and second) bridge alone (with no others built and lots of boards remaining).

Edit II: Please add that I can save my best solution of a level.

Last edited by Habakuk; 10-15-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 PM

I played through this game a bit more, and I really like it. It has a ton of potential.

As Habakuk mentioned there are some glitches/bugs in a few areas (III-3 sticks out in my mind, crash to desktop) where the order you lay the pieces matters, or else the birds will drop through the bridge or follow the wrong sections.

Overall though the game is a lot of fun and I think it deserves more attention from gamers. A little bit more polish and I can see this game taking off!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 AM

Here's an example of a bug that creates an unpassable level, and often crashes the app:

http://i.imgur.com/93qhp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FszWO.jpg

Notice how the dotted path isn't continuous. Usually if I keep messing with the pieces the gap floats around, and eventually it'll crash the app.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Ok, we have it. Thank you for your help!

I have to say that it was really special case. :-) The update is on the way to the App Store. What more the Fat Birds will be optimized for the 4-inch Retina display on iPhone 5.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Yay!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM

Finished the game! Any plans for more levels? 20 level addons for $1 each would be ideal, dunno if that would be viable for you, though.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Finished the game! Any plans for more levels? 20 level addons for $1 each would be ideal, dunno if that would be viable for you, though.
For now we are focusing on porting the Fat Birds to Windows 8 and this may take some time... The port for Mac OS X is almost done - we are going to submit it to Apple this week.

If you would like to more levels for now you can download free version for iPhone (Link). You will find there 5 levels, which are not available in the full version. Free version for iPad is in progress. We are also considering adding new levels to the full version in the future but it will be "free update" I think. Thank you for asking - I see that you enjoy our game.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM

So here we are. Two years from when first version of Fat Birds was launched in the App Store!

Both versions together (iPhone and Universal) have been downloaded more than 1 000 000 times. We are truly grateful to all of you! To thank the community and to celebrate birthday of Fat Birds we decided to share the HD version of the Fat Birds for FREE FOR ALL DAY.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id566320616

Have fun!! :-)