Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozz84 View Post
Another update for this great game:
Nice! This is one of my favorite games ever!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozz84 View Post
Another update for this great game:
Wow, this seemed to come out of nowhere!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 PM

Awesome. Fantasy Flight isn't disappointing. So glad to see this game evolving.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Not having purchased and played this yet (though I certainly will, eventually), I could not say if this is a good fit for asynchronous multiplayer, but with the co-operative and turn-based nature of the original, my guess is it would be. Any chance of that, devs who happen to or will eventually visit this thread?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Not having purchased and played this yet (though I certainly will, eventually), I could not say if this is a good fit for asynchronous multiplayer, but with the co-operative and turn-based nature of the original, my guess is it would be. Any chance of that, devs who happen to or will eventually visit this thread?
Not too likely as I believe this is, for all intents and purposes, a single player game (or multi-player pass and play). While you COULD have different individuals control each character (and the game does a decent job of making the character rotation very clear), I just have to believe that 95% of the iOS players treat this as a solo endeavor.

This game doesn't even really have any AI either, as it really is more of a player vs. environment game. Your team of 1-4 characters (more characters will give you more options but it also will make the Dooms Day Clock countdown that much faster) need to simply work your way through all of the obstacles the game puts before you until either the winning conditions are met or the game's Dooms Day Clock has counted down to 0.

Last edited by LordGek; 10-09-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old 10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Warning!

I can't recall if that was already brought up here or only on one of the BGG threads, but there is a situation you really need to be careful about in this game, no matter which campaign you choose!

Never lock (via spell or focus) the final glyph after rolling it! If you are playing normally there isn't any reason you would ever need to do this but, if in a little fit of spacey absentmindedness you did, you'll find yourself in a game breaking situation.

Since you can't discard locked glyphs but NEED to discard something to end your turn, you can setup a situation that will force you to abandon your current game!

Last edited by LordGek; 10-11-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Anyone buy the DLC? Worth it? How much/what does it add?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Anyone buy the DLC? Worth it? How much/what does it add?
This stuff is added:

Quote:
New in version 1.2, the new, free Ancient One Tsathoggua has sent forth its formless spawn into the museum, and now the whole town of Arkham is succumbing to the mind-numbing drain of the malevolent deity’s presence. The Trail of Ithaqua is also available with an in-app purchase, allowing especially intrepid investigators the chance to face the malice of the dreaded Ithaqua in the icy plains of Alaska!

- All new free Ancient One (Tsathoggua)
- New Monsters
- New Mythos Effects
- New Monster Log
- All new The Trail of Ithaqua in-app purchase ($2.99)
- Layout Improvements & Bug Fixes
- iPhone 5 compatible
So, just like the last one, the update adds some free stuff and a campaign. The campaign, just like the last Cthulhu one, is a two parter with a number of all new mechanics of Supplies and Icy Wind. You'll need supplies gathered up in the first stage to survive the colds of Alaska, each investigator uses 1 supply each turn and if out of supplies the active agent will lose 2 health. The Icy Wind is a freaky random effect suffered at the start of any mission with the Icy Wind effect listed. While normally something nasty like losing extra health or supplies, it might even bestow some beneficial effect once in a Blue Moon.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Hmm...so, basically $10 for everything. Was reading some reviews from folks claiming they lost their Cthulhu DLC after the most recent update. Think I'll wait 'til they sort things out before trying.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Hmm...so, basically $10 for everything. Was reading some reviews from folks claiming they lost their Cthulhu DLC after the most recent update. Think I'll wait 'til they sort things out before trying.
Hey, GeekyDad, wouldn't that be something solved at the very most with a "Restore Purchases" or were they claiming even that wouldn't work in this case?