★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I admit I'm hooked on this one.
10-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonmx View Post
Free SqareEnix game?

What's the catch?
Pay attention much? It's, you know, right in the first post.

"Give Chapters 0 through 3 a try for absolutely free!"

"All chapters plus bonus episodes: $14.99 (12 chapters)"

10-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Pay attention much? It's, you know, right in the first post.

"Give Chapters 0 through 3 a try for absolutely free!"

"All chapters plus bonus episodes: $14.99 (12 chapters)"
I have ADD, man.
10-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortvind View Post
avoid getting any ok, and only bravo or great when hitting tones
Yea, that one is pretty difficult coz it's going so fast you dun even know what u got...
10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortvind View Post
after playing some more i mist say im kinda hocked.
the music quality is extremly good.
anyone know id this was a concert recording done espacially for this game?
No as a musician I can assure that it is not anywhere near a real orchestra. It sounds like a midi orchestra. the horns always give it away. i have never heard believable horns without real sampling. It is good for a game though. I really enjoy the classical theme so much. It is just a very all around good presentation. I wish they did have a real orchestra playing the songs though. I am sure that would have been way out of budget for an ios game even one that is priced higher than most. It takes me back to my orchestra days. Especially the New World Symphony. That was always so much fun to play.
10-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusFly View Post
No as a musician I can assure that it is not anywhere near a real orchestra. It sounds like a midi orchestra. the horns always give it away. i have never heard believable horns without real sampling. It is good for a game though. I really enjoy the classical theme so much. It is just a very all around good presentation. I wish they did have a real orchestra playing the songs though. I am sure that would have been way out of budget for an ios game even one that is priced higher than most. It takes me back to my orchestra days. Especially the New World Symphony. That was always so much fun to play.
Agree. I've been playing the game with headphones on, and there are definitely some "synthy" sounds you can pick up on. This is what puzzles me about the $14.99 unlock price. It's not like they had to license the musical recordings.

The music is very enjoyable anyway.

--DotComCTO
10-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Anyone knows the installed size?
10-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading3 View Post
Anyone knows the installed size?
297 MB on my iTouch 4G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotComCTO View Post
Agree. I've been playing the game with headphones on, and there are definitely some "synthy" sounds you can pick up on. This is what puzzles me about the $14.99 unlock price. It's not like they had to license the musical recordings.

The music is very enjoyable anyway.

--DotComCTO
But the title screen says "Licensed from Naxos Japan".

I lean towards it being some kind of mix of samples of real recordings and synth stuff. Maybe to make the game work a bit more smoothly? Some of the sections sound virtually indistinguishable from the real thing, but other parts and little bits like when they do the tempo changes suddenly get a lot more artificial. But since Square don't have a forum presence, unless someone spots an interview with the team behind this I guess we'll never know for sure...

Last edited by EightRooks; 10-18-2012 at 11:35 PM.
10-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey EightRooks - just wondering whether you finished the game, and if you did, about how long did it take you to complete (and unlock the remaining 17 songs)?

--DotComCTO
10-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Is there anyway to pay for the full version without wifi? cos I can't get wifi on my ipod touch where I'm living atm.