★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
#41
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 127
after playing some more i mist say im kinda hocked.
the music quality is extremly good.
anyone know id this was a concert recording done espacially for this game?
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
#42
Holy crap...William Tell is so hard to get higher than an A. I just missed one action and still only an A...I was perfect until i screwed up on I think the fifth last note, so I got a ridiculous combo (my guys were all blue). Anyone have any ideas to get higher so I can unlock Skill Level 2 for it? Thanks.

Last edited by projectmoonlightcafe; 10-18-2012 at 03:32 PM.

10-18-2012, 05:26 PM
#43
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmoonlightcafe View Post
Holy crap...William Tell is so hard to get higher than an A. I just missed one action and still only an A...I was perfect until i screwed up on I think the fifth last note, so I got a ridiculous combo (my guys were all blue). Anyone have any ideas to get higher so I can unlock Skill Level 2 for it? Thanks.
avoid getting any ok, and only bravo or great when hitting tones
10-18-2012, 05:32 PM
#44
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 263
Free SqareEnix game?

What's the catch?
10-18-2012, 06:05 PM
#45
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
I admit I'm hooked on this one.
10-18-2012, 06:59 PM
#46
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonmx View Post
Free SqareEnix game?

What's the catch?
Pay attention much? It's, you know, right in the first post.

"Give Chapters 0 through 3 a try for absolutely free!"

"All chapters plus bonus episodes: $14.99 (12 chapters)"
10-18-2012, 07:12 PM
#47
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Pay attention much? It's, you know, right in the first post.

"Give Chapters 0 through 3 a try for absolutely free!"

"All chapters plus bonus episodes: $14.99 (12 chapters)"
I have ADD, man.
10-18-2012, 08:07 PM
#48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortvind View Post
avoid getting any ok, and only bravo or great when hitting tones
Yea, that one is pretty difficult coz it's going so fast you dun even know what u got...
10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
#49
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortvind View Post
after playing some more i mist say im kinda hocked.
the music quality is extremly good.
anyone know id this was a concert recording done espacially for this game?
No as a musician I can assure that it is not anywhere near a real orchestra. It sounds like a midi orchestra. the horns always give it away. i have never heard believable horns without real sampling. It is good for a game though. I really enjoy the classical theme so much. It is just a very all around good presentation. I wish they did have a real orchestra playing the songs though. I am sure that would have been way out of budget for an ios game even one that is priced higher than most. It takes me back to my orchestra days. Especially the New World Symphony. That was always so much fun to play.
10-18-2012, 10:37 PM
#50
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusFly View Post
No as a musician I can assure that it is not anywhere near a real orchestra. It sounds like a midi orchestra. the horns always give it away. i have never heard believable horns without real sampling. It is good for a game though. I really enjoy the classical theme so much. It is just a very all around good presentation. I wish they did have a real orchestra playing the songs though. I am sure that would have been way out of budget for an ios game even one that is priced higher than most. It takes me back to my orchestra days. Especially the New World Symphony. That was always so much fun to play.
Agree. I've been playing the game with headphones on, and there are definitely some "synthy" sounds you can pick up on. This is what puzzles me about the $14.99 unlock price. It's not like they had to license the musical recordings.

The music is very enjoyable anyway.

--DotComCTO