10-20-2012, 05:22 AM
From their FB page:

Update 2 is now complete! Will be out in a week or two..

What's new:

• 3 new game play modes in single player:
+ elimination - destroy all opponents!
+ drift challenge
+ time challenge with ghost
• Highlands theme with 18 new races
• New car with drift-to-charge-nitro
• Much more tracks available in local multiplayer
• Bug fixes and performance improvements

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
10-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Sounds good, the only thing that is missing is the online multiplayer. And I would like to know what time I need to get 3 stars..

Game Center: sink_or_swim

10-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Also the weapons/power ups kind of put me off as I liked the fact the first game focused on racing alone.
They are only in multiplayer and secret tracks. In multiplayer you can de-activate all or some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I think the handling isn't great and the engine noise is downright stupid... It just constantly accelerates and changes up gear like you have 1738 gears! Weird!
It's an arcade, not a simulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janni View Post
yeah, this one looks much more streamlined. reminds me more of a modern "super sprint" (which pretty much appeals to me).
Weapons and new coming "drift-to-charge-nitro" car sounds like Mario Kart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical knave View Post
Is there a way to set different zoom levels or camera settings - the default is fine but at the same time it would be nice to be able to zoom in a little bit.
You are talking about iPad, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by litening View Post
The default has changed to the steering wheel
You was enthusiastic about tilt control, then you changed idea. Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
And I would like to know what time I need to get 3 stars..
Maybe you do not agree with that explanation, right?

Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
10-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masvil View Post
Maybe you do not agree with that explanation, right?
yes i don't agree with it, like most of the others I think it's way better to know what time we need to get 3 stars.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
10-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janni View Post
when you see "almost there" beneath the time, 3 stars is less than a sec away... sure it's hard, but manageable (i'm currently 52/54 and i still see room for improvement).

it find this pretty much like rc-racing... you have to practice and be consistent, but your effort is rewarded (times are getting better and better)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Have you ever played a game on iOS before? Loads of games have coming soon things in them,

Of coarse but there is not enough of the game to start with.
11-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Just a quick suggestion to the devs. It would be great if the three start objectives were better defines before starting a race. It sucks to finish a race looking for three stars, and then be told I needed to use a different car. Also, I feel it is too tough to get three stars on some levels even with a fully upgraded car (white car, first level pack). I think this couls use some tweaking for a completionist like me, where either the cars are mid just a bit faster, or you can use any car to three star a level. Great game and looking forward to some updates.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
11-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Loving the new racing types in the single player campaign. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite top-down racers.

I know not everyone likes power-ups, but it would be cool to be able to turn them on in single player as well....for added re-playability.

Oh, and I do agree that it would be nice if we were told what times are required to get three-stars on all levels.
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't think it is a good idea to know the 3 star times in advance.
It's part of the rules. Just as that you have to use a certain car.
And I do like the idea that the 3 star times are not fixed.

I don't like these elimination races and the powerups. They should focus on racing.

Last edited by Superwese; 11-01-2012 at 10:29 PM.
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I know not everyone likes power-ups, but it would be cool to be able to turn them on in single player as well....for added re-playability.
New drift-to-charge-nitro car is avaiable in single player (so you have atleast nitro), and all power-ups are present in "Secret" tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
It would be great if the three start objectives were better defines before starting a race.
I see another problem: Game Center score. I have 2 questions:
1. Have GC scores same rules as 3 stars? In example, is Tropical score valid only if I use 1st car?
2. I ran with the "wrong" car in several Tropical tracks. Now the partial and totals times are compared with those obtained with that wrong car, so I do not know if I'm getting better or worse time with the right car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litening View Post
Hi, we'll look into adding this in a future update!
I agree with @injuwarrior: objectives were better defines before starting a race. Even if you do not want to show time to get 3 stars (I may agree), atleast tell which car to use to get 3 stars and valid Game Center score. What do you think about?

I'm very disappointed for multiplayer because:
1. There is still not online;
2. Often is out of sync (blutooth mode) so cars do not start together, very close cars catch the same power-up, mines often are hidden and so on;
3. New drift-to-charge-nitro car does NOT have nitro at all;
4. Audio goes on and off;
5. Sometimes it crashes.

Some bugs not multiplayer related:

1. In race 3-18 a car exploded even it's not a destrucion race;
2. 1-8 and 1-17 races have a graphical bug (see below image) on a iPhone 4 iOS 6 no JB. Same races have no bug on an iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 no JB. Aside that, what does it mean that new colour for both of tracks?
Attached Images
File Type: png foto.PNG (476.9 KB, 3 views)

12-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Update 3 is out, 18 brand new amazing snow races. They fixed reported bugs too

VS Racing 2 won the BEST MOBILE RACING GAME 2012 award at Rocket & Raygun: http://epdaily.tv/all/type-of/featur...e-racing-game/