TA Forums Game of the Week! (Oct 18th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Oct 18, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of October 18th?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2012.
  1. True Skate

35.5%
  2. Skyriders

12.1%
  3. Zombies

6.5%
  4. Carmageddon

19.6%
  5. EpicHearts

7.5%
  6. Angry Gran Run

1.9%
  7. Sonic Jump

1.9%
  8. Square Planet

13.1%
  9. Twist Pilot

1.9%
  1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I didn't try Zaxxon Escape. I'm very tired of endless runners.
    Maybe this week every app isn't cool or very cool, but Skyriders, True Skate, and Zombies are very cool, and for God's sake, Carmageddon is just awesome, even with the save bug.
    Of course, that's your opinion, and I don't have any problems with that, but saying that this week is the worst with those games is a bit harsh.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    - True Skate.

3. Yeah, I don't really like endless runners either. Just have a habit of buying motion space games, so couldn't resist getting Zaxxon even though it has nothing to do with the Zaxxon name. It's a decent game, but not great.

This week has changed alot since Twist Pilot was a late add, and it is really fun, so this week has changed, nominated 5 games, and now this weeks vote is much better for me in terms of trying to decide who I will vote for.

I honestly think a lot of companies may be trying to release next week so they can be in on all the Halloween purchases and sales. But I am not trying to take any credit away from any games this week at all.

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Twist PIlot not so bad. I'll nominate that (and SKyriders)!

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Zombies... Just mindless-ish relaxing game breaking random stuff. Great as a stress reliever for me.

6. gamergirl2785

gamergirl2785 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    I nominate True Skate!

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    My vote, which I reserve the right to change, goes to Carmaggedon.

8. Do you guys and gals know that this is the nomination cycle and you can vote up to 5 titles right now? Then the top ones get picked and then we just vote on one.

Just fyi if you didn't know.

9. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol..yeah.. Just picked up Zombies and Bike Baron this week...but Bike Baron is "older". ;-)

10. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    True Skate
    Twist Pilot
    EpicHearts

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah pretty sure it's past eligibility :p

12. Bike Baron was one of the first games I bought... But it was a great game. I wonder if it won game of the week, or what did that week, cause that is a game That I could easily see myself voting for.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Came in 3rd after Mage Guantlet and some other game nobody probably remembers by now.

14. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
  15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you arent aware of the glitch that wipes out the save. There's a backdoor solution to it, but with that glitch existing, despite me enjoying the remake, does not pass well to be on my nominations list. Without the glitch, it is easily one of my top 3 this week.

One title i want to point out right now is Sefirah... a very solid Battleheart-ish game. But im sure it isnt eligible because it hasnt released worldwide yet.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My list stays solid. Save Them All is probably the weakest among my list, but it's a pretty good runner with some good variety and great jump controllability.

But im sure my vote will only be between the first two on the list, which im still not sure which one to pick.

Zombies
    True Skate
    Skyriders
    EpicHearts
    Save Them All

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Pollin'-ation. Yeah. :cool:

Just thought I'd mention this - if your nominations change as the week goes on, please only leave one post with the list. Most of you have been pretty good on this point here, and THANK YOU. It helps immensely. It's just annoying if someone has half a list in one post and the second half in another.

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Zombie killing week for me and some piloting, but in the end, Zombies are funnier

19. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    well... "carmageddon" iis really a superb port with GOTW qualities, but again, i'm giving it to an iOS-original, which is "true skate"

an awesome open-end sk8 simulation with tons of possibilities for future improvements... and it's just taylor made for touch-screens!

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Voted for Square Planet. True Skate was also good, but felt more like a toy app than a real game. Since it has no objectives