Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Icloud sync is not working for me, both for Manager Mode and Challenges...it sucks

An example: i just completed the Argentina vs Uruguay challenge (in Pro mode), on the ipad, and it still appears again on the iphone
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFasttt View Post
I play passing alot so this one here is a very good tip, thank you

Actually offense isn't my main concern 'cause i always can score 1 or 2 goals per game, but defense is. I still don't know how to def effectively without jockey and containing, simply tackle just doesn't work for me. Most of the time i use that sprint-tackle it ends up like this : 50% i get the ball, 30% it's a fault and you know how deadly a free kick is this version, 20% my opp manages to escape (even without doing skill move), as you see, not effective at all. Ofc i use 2nd defender to def too but you can't overdo it since it will cause hole in your defensive line, 1vs1 still happens alot.

Btw free kick is too easy, you don't need to be Ronaldo or Messi to score from 20m+, with a simple gesture. They need to nerf it, or make the gesture more complicated.

And the fact that you can't use Pressing or Zone Marking in 4-4-1-1 is ridiculous, many time my opp runs down the flank (he's alone, after kick off) and my LRB who is 1 metre away just sit there and do nothing, unless you take control of him or call him as 2nd defender, but vs good dribbler like Messi or CR9 you just don't have time to do that. My point is strategy is strategy, it should not bind to any formation.
I tend to try and position myself in front of the man with the ball and just mark instead of tackle until my 2nd defender arrives, but you're right, the AI is horrible. So many times they just sit and watch

Just make sure auto-tackle is off and if you call a 2nd defender, call them off if they get too far out of position and activate another defender.

Also, if you like a passing game, try out some K-Leage teams. Seoul FC crosses/through balls are incredibly precise.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:11 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is there World Cup in Tournament mode?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:08 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Is there World Cup in Tournament mode?
Nope. Never has been, probably never will be.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I don't play Fifa on PC so i wonder how do you do volley and header ? In PES if you press and hold shoot the player will try to do a volley and he will head if you tap but it doesn't seem like that in this fifa version ? Sometimes i want my player to do a diving header but he volley instead (slower and less accurate)

Btw is there any tip to win ball in middle field from goal kick ? i conceded quite a lot of goal when my opp does a goal kick in counter atk, Messi (weak, 1m68) somehow manages to get the ball despite Vidic (strong, big 1m89) tried to head the ball away but failed, is that normal or i missed a combination of button here ? (normally i try to move my CB toward the ball and tap Shoot repeatedly, or even hold it)
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFasttt View Post
I don't play Fifa on PC so i wonder how do you do volley and header ? In PES if you press and hold shoot the player will try to do a volley and he will head if you tap but it doesn't seem like that in this fifa version ? Sometimes i want my player to do a diving header but he volley instead (slower and less accurate)

Btw is there any tip to win ball in middle field from goal kick ? i conceded quite a lot of goal when my opp does a goal kick in counter atk, Messi (weak, 1m68) somehow manages to get the ball despite Vidic (strong, big 1m89) tried to head the ball away but failed, is that normal or i missed a combination of button here ? (normally i try to move my CB toward the ball and tap Shoot repeatedly, or even hold it)
Headers seem to be random. I never quite know which kind of shot they're gonna do. This version of the game runs on the PS2 engine so it doesn't have a lot of features. Sometimes you can jockey for position, but its really based on the strength of the players going for the header. If your player is strong, they'll find their position automatically, all you have to do is aim and shoot.

On counters, if you're the lone defender, allow the opponent to receive the pass, and just mark and keep them from getting into your box until help arrives or you're in a better position to tackle the ball away. The risk is too great to try and win the header if you aren't sure of your positioning or player strength.

If you do have help, call your 2nd defender rather than go in yourself. With the CPU applying better pressure and distracting the opponent, you can scoop the ball away from the attacker

Last edited by doc_hardware; 10-21-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM

Can you edit kit numbers??
Old 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

What's career mode like this time around? It was pretty average on fifa 12.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

hey guys, i have an issue that pissed me off... when i finish a career match and return to the next match screen, the AE servers turn always offline, so i have my xp points lost everytime!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!?

anyone here has this problem?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by {:L.S:} View Post
Can you edit kit numbers??
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
hey guys, i have an issue that pissed me off... when i finish a career match and return to the next match screen, the AE servers turn always offline, so i have my xp points lost everytime!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!?

anyone here has this problem?
it just does that. idk how EA has it's online rigged up that makes it time out whenever you're not looking at the menus

but don't worry, when it logs back in, you get your points
at least it does for me. whenever it logs back in, the EXP+ animation starts going.
its kind of misleading because when you look at the progress bar, its all already added up even though the animation would lead you to believe that it should add exp for each animation

Last edited by doc_hardware; 10-22-2012 at 06:13 PM..