Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Man if this game was on the vita even for 5 or 10 bucks it would sell to almost everyone that owns one.

fantastic little game, but plenty to improve on in a hopeful sequel in terms or variety, more depth in loot, and controls ( why not have swipe up, swipe down, swip left, and swipe right all as different spells?).
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

This game is fantastic
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

hey guys... thanks for the nice comments We love reading them. We also read the negative comments, and we think we've addressed most of them in the update we're finalizing now. Just a few more things to add and some testing and we can get it released soon.

As for why we might not have done <insert your favorite RPG feature here>, you should know Big Cave is just two guys and some great contract help so we have to keep the game's features focused or we'd never ship anything heh. If the game keeps selling well ( and people throw some IAP purchases our way every now and then to support us ), then we'd love to be able to keep adding on to the game and making it even better with each update.

As for how long the sale will go on, we're guessing through Halloween but we're leaving that up to Chillingo to determine.

A quick summary of some of the new features in the update:
  • virtual controls! thumb stick + 5 buttons.. (attack + the 4 gesture buttons)
  • Five hidden sub-levels that you enter through the existing campaign maps.. they are HARD and likely you'll want to revisit them after finishing the campaign (Note I believe the game shipped with 17 combat levels so that's quite a few extra levels)
  • 3 Difficulty levels
  • Auto-run ( for tap and virtual controls )
  • New rare/unique weapons and shields only found in the sub levels
  • native iPhone5 support
  • some new monsters inhabiting the sub-levels

-andrew
Old 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@BigCave View Post
hey guys... thanks for the nice comments We love reading them. We also read the negative comments, and we think we've addressed most of them in the update we're finalizing now. Just a few more things to add and some testing and we can get it released soon.

As for why we might not have done <insert your favorite RPG feature here>, you should know Big Cave is just two guys and some great contract help so we have to keep the game's features focused or we'd never ship anything heh. If the game keeps selling well ( and people throw some IAP purchases our way every now and then to support us ), then we'd love to be able to keep adding on to the game and making it even better with each update.

As for how long the sale will go on, we're guessing through Halloween but we're leaving that up to Chillingo to determine.

• Five hidden sub-levels that you enter through the existing campaign maps.. they are HARD and likely you'll want to revisit them after finishing the campaign (Note I believe the game shipped with 17 combat levels so that's quite a few extra levels)
  • 3 Difficulty levels
  • native iPhone5 support

-andrew
It's very impressive how such a massive game can be made by just 2 guys, Unity3D, and a indie publisher. Great job on this upcoming release! Thanks for working so hard on this, Big Cave Games!

Also, do you guys need any more beta testers, especially those with iPod Touch 4G models?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

would be pretty awesome if there was a survival mode
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertto View Post
Man if this game was on the vita even for 5 or 10 bucks it would sell to almost everyone that owns one.
Nah. I have a Vita, and enjoy it. But I only buy big games for Vita. For small, casual and indie games, I'll just get the much cheaper iOS versions. You just know this game would cost at least $10 on Vita. Case in point, Plants vs Zombies. $15 for the Vita version. CRAZY.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:

As for how long the sale will go on, we're guessing through Halloween but we're leaving that up to Chillingo to determine

• 3 Difficulty levels
  • native iPhone5 support

-andrew

I think this proof of how much you guys are trying to improve this game. You Gus are doing a great job! The controls were a weakness of this game, and your trying to fix it. I'm unsure if it is the limitation of the touch screen or what makes it so hard to pull of the circle or zigzag.

Keep up the hard work.

(Also think if there is a sequel there may be more "RPGs features"before the game to have. With two men building this game this is a great game. Some teams with massive teams don't make a game with this much flavor to it...game loft......)
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
snip
Great news. Re: IAP donations, you should add a donate button, seriously. A one buck IAP that gives the player nothing. I've seen it in games before (Solomons Keep). Some people (like me) would be happy to give you a little extra cash but don't want any additional in-game advantage, especially in a game that's already a bit too easy.

Last edited by GSJ1977; 10-22-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJ1977 View Post
Great news. Re: IAP donations, you should add a donate button, seriously. A one buck IAP that gives the player nothing. I've seen it in games before (Solomons Keep). Some people (like me) would be happy to give you a little extra cash but don't want any additional in-game advantage, especially in a game that's already a bit too easy.
+1 to this. Most games i never buy IAP for because of how it could potentially ruin the game.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
  • 3 Difficulty levels
  • native iPhone5 support
Woh... I love you man.