hey guys... thanks for the nice comments
We love reading them. We also read the negative comments, and we think we've addressed most of them in the update we're finalizing now. Just a few more things to add and some testing and we can get it released soon.
As for why we might not have done <insert your favorite RPG feature here>, you should know Big Cave is just two guys and some great contract help so we have to keep the game's features focused or we'd never ship anything heh. If the game keeps selling well ( and people throw some IAP purchases our way every now and then to support us
), then we'd love to be able to keep adding on to the game and making it even better with each update.
As for how long the sale will go on, we're guessing through Halloween but we're leaving that up to Chillingo to determine.
A quick summary of some of the new features in the update:
- virtual controls! thumb stick + 5 buttons.. (attack + the 4 gesture buttons)
- Five hidden sub-levels that you enter through the existing campaign maps.. they are HARD and likely you'll want to revisit them after finishing the campaign (Note I believe the game shipped with 17 combat levels so that's quite a few extra levels)
- 3 Difficulty levels
- Auto-run ( for tap and virtual controls )
- New rare/unique weapons and shields only found in the sub levels
- native iPhone5 support
- some new monsters inhabiting the sub-levels