★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Major update coming for Ticket to Ride. It's going to finally include async gameplay. This is my favorite iOS board game. Check it out here: http://www.pockettactics.com/

Follow me at @bitgamereviews for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
11-19-2015, 03:47 AM
Update out in Australia. ALL MAPS, including India, for $7.99AUD. Brilliant

11-19-2015, 04:37 AM
I bought both the USA and Europe version in the past. But now I have to buy Europe AGAIN????
11-19-2015, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
I bought both the USA and Europe version in the past. But now I have to buy Europe AGAIN????
You don't have to, it's not compulsory to by the entire pack for less than the price of any individual map. Think of it as getting India, Asia, Switzerland, and the extra USA maps, all for the price of one instead of moaning that you have to buy Europe again because it is included in the pack.
11-19-2015, 05:14 AM
Notice that this is also universal.
In that case, what is the difference between this and Ticket to Ride Pocket?

They both have iAPs, are they compatible?
and it says cross platform, can I play with my friends on Android? How does that work as they have no GameCenter?
11-19-2015, 05:37 AM
The screen resolution changes to suit the iPhone/iPad, also portrait is used for maps such as India. Re the cross platform, I assume it doesn't use Game Centre for that
11-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Universal update and cross-platform internet play BUT I purchased the whole complete pack in iphone - 10,00euros and when I tried to restore purchases in ipad, it didn't do anything and it requires to buy the complete pack for 4,99. I had USA and Europe maps only. So this universal thing form what I understand is not compatible with the maps too !!!! How sad to ask again for money!! It's the same map but a little larger! Oh GOD! Can anyone confirm it too as well in iphone and ipad ??
11-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkarafo View Post
Universal update and cross-platform internet play BUT I purchased the whole complete pack in iphone - 10,00euros and when I tried to restore purchases in ipad, it didn't do anything and it requires to buy the complete pack for 4,99. I had USA and Europe maps only. So this universal thing form what I understand is not compatible with the maps too !!!! How sad to ask again for money!! It's the same map but a little larger! Oh GOD! Can anyone confirm it too as well in iphone and ipad ??
This is really messy business because Apple doesn't provide a way to combine two non-universal apps. It looks like the iPad app became the new universal app. The iPhone app is still an iPhone only app. You should have bought the complete pack on the iPad version and then downloaded it on your iPhone. I would request a refund from iTunes and then switch it around.

Here's a FAQ outlining it:
http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?...475#msg_334475

Follow me at @bitgamereviews for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.

Last edited by klink; 11-19-2015 at 09:31 AM.
11-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
This is really messy business because Apple doesn't provide a way to combine two non-universal apps. It looks like the iPad app became the new universal app. The iPhone app is still an iPhone only app. You should have bought the complete pack on the iPad version and then downloaded it on your iPhone. I would request a refund from iTunes and then switch it around.

Here's a FAQ outlining it:
http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?...475#msg_334475
Ok thanks! I will try to do it as you said.
11-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Call me a freaky dweeb (no really, I'll wait), but I'm loving how they fixed the HoF to now have separate entries not just for each map/game mode, but a separate tab based on number of players (it is pretty unlikely your top score from a 5 player game could ever rival even a mediocre 2 player game score).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews