★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Call me a freaky dweeb (no really, I'll wait), but I'm loving how they fixed the HoF to now have separate entries not just for each map/game mode, but a separate tab based on number of players (it is pretty unlikely your top score from a 5 player game could ever rival even a mediocre 2 player game score).
Well you are Lord Geek. This is really an excellent game. I hope this update entices people to give it a look.

Follow me at @bitgamereviews for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
11-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
Something didn't add up here. I got the Pocket version on my iPad which offered me the full complete package for 9,99 Euros. I purchased that package because I was lead to believe it included the new UI and stuff of the fresh Universal app. Turned out: It didn't. It only provided me with the map packs, everything else was still the blurry Pocket UI. So I had to buy the "new" digital version for 4,99, too, and THEN everything updated as expected. Surely this can't be right now, can it? It specifically told me the upgrade for 9,99 included everything. Should I initiate a refund or did I simply get something wrong with the description?

11-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Chizotto
Posts: 890
My purchases are not restoring on the pocket version and I had USA Europe and Swiss nothing is happening when I hit restore purchases and sorry but I'm
Not buying that new app even though this is my fav board game on the App Store so f it I'm just done with this game and will move on. And by the way to anyone that likes trains go and download Paris Metro Simulator it's an excellent sim and allows you to drive the trains from several lines of the Paris metro and it's super awesome. Sorry for my ranting post but this is too damn confusing and I'm not gonna blame Apple like they want me to f that. Sick of it always being apples fault it's a cop out for most. Oh and let me explain why I don't blame Apple I was lied to as I was under the belief that I could restore my purchase ie Europe And Swiss and it isn't true I'm already seeing the one star rating for the update to pocket and others are complaining of the same thing so it's not just me! And it's not just Apple. on the lied to part maybe I read it wrong but either way we just got Zodiaced my new term for dev rip offs as zodiac is one the biggest let downs in Apple gaming history when you add the hype factor in.
Criticize me all you like it's my opinion and my money and I'm out.

Last edited by Dailon80; 11-19-2015 at 03:21 PM.
11-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Sorry for my ranting post but this is too damn confusing and I'm not gonna blame Apple like they want me to f that. Sick of it always being apples fault it's a cop out for most.
No ones blaming Apple they are simply stating a fact that you can't not combine two apps into one in the app store. This problem is common with older apps where there are separate iPhone and iPad versions and now the developer wants to create a single universal app.

There's a whole thread on it in the Apple developers forum.
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/15687

Follow me at @bitgamereviews for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.

Last edited by klink; 11-19-2015 at 04:22 PM.
11-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Chizotto
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
No ones blaming Apple they are simply stating a fact that you can't not combine two apps into one in the app store. This problem is common with older apps where there are separate iPhone and iPad versions and now the developer wants to create a single universal app.

There's a whole thread on it in the Apple developers forum.
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/15687
I get that but why can't players simply restore their purchase for stuff they already bought on the pocket version. The new version should have been free for one day simply so older players of the game could snap it up and it would only be one day and if you didn't get it tough. Otherwise it makes no sense to have to repurchase just look at the App Store reviews on the pocket version and tell me a good decision was made.
Now all I can play is USA and I live there but can't stand the USA version prefer Europe and Swiss which I already paid for and now I can't play either. I'm done no need to press it further this game is nothing to me now I will move along.
11-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I get that but why can't players simply restore their purchase for stuff they already bought on the pocket version.
Sounds like you think Europe and Swiss maps were an IAP in the TTR Pocket app, but they weren't. They were in the standalone Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket app, which the devs had to retire. Apple doesn't have a way for them to merge Pocket and Europe Pocket, so your purchase of one app can't be used to restore purchases in another.

You can still download Europe Pocket from your purchase history. It's not lost - it just won't have the new features or Universal-ness.
11-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Chizotto
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Sounds like you think Europe and Swiss maps were an IAP in the TTR Pocket app, but they weren't. They were in the standalone Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket app, which the devs had to retire. Apple doesn't have a way for them to merge Pocket and Europe Pocket, so your purchase of one app can't be used to restore purchases in another.

You can still download Europe Pocket from your purchase history. It's not lost - it just won't have the new features or Universal-ness.
Thanks for clearing it up long day for me so I wasn't in the best of moods trying to figure this out. My apologies for being an arse still think it's a bad idea and I think allowing it to be free for a day for those of us that have spent money on the game already would've been proper. Best part is Europe is still in my purchase history and I will just play it and be satisfied. And the new version being free for a day could've gotten a lot of new people on it or whatever. I don't mind buying games as a matter of fact I'm already buying more than I should so buying any game again even its my fav ever isn't gonna happen.

Last edited by Dailon80; 11-19-2015 at 09:33 PM.
01-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 431
I guess I should have posted that I bought the game which somehow always invokes a price drop the next day. Crazy coincedence or bad luck? :-)