Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #221  
Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 AM
tabs tabs is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Aah, how convenient Mr Alec. I like the way you make this sound simple, and make it look like you're the one being victimised here.

Take my word for it, come clean by saying this was intended from the start and you'll get back some respect from some of us.
Again, I would like to say I don't care about the inclusion of iAP, BUT...

How many people actually asked for iAP to be added? AND...

How many people are actually asking for the bugs to be fixed?

Please fix the crashing, stuttering audio, and loading time, I think you owe us that, at least.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 AM
CzarCastic CzarCastic is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Aah, how convenient Mr Alec. I like the way you make this sound simple, and make it look like you're the one being victimised here.

Take my word for it, come clean by saying this was intended from the start and you'll get back some respect from some of us.
I think you've made your point. Can we please move on? You're not going to hear what you want to hear. If you're upset, then show it with your wallet. Don't play the game. Don't buy any IAP. For the rest of us, we'll continue to play and enjoy this game.

I really like the Fieldrunners series. If I want to continue to get new content and updated editions of the game, then I need to hope for the success of Atomic. If this means they need to adapt their games to the current climate of the App Store, then so be it.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 AM
sortvind sortvind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Here is my take on this. I copied the from the iPhone thread of the game.

Ok guys, I think I cracked the Pandor box here. I am pretty happy with my thoughts on this.

Subatomic makes Fieldrunners 2, decide to become multi-millionaires. So they bring out an iPhone version, then an iPad version 2 months later at about 2.5 times the price.

They decided that's not enough. They want more. So, from the beginning itself, they planned a higher than normal difficulty level. A lot of seemingly hardcore players found the normal mode arduously challenging (correct me if I am wrong). At this point, there were no IAPs at all, so gamers just took the higher than normal difficulty curve as a challenge.

Now, some 3 1/2 months after release, when the coffers are running dry, the guys at SUbatomic device to unleash the atom bomb (no puns). IAPs. They claim it is warranted by 3 people sending in email requests over 3 days to get IAPs in to cut short the process of playing the game.

In true fact, the difficulty was jacked up, and a lot of frustrated gamers who already spent money buying the game will think that "OH well, lets just spend another $4.99 to finish this crap off". The fact that people are defending this move simply because they're not making it more difficult is a tad foolish, since the game was already more than difficult to begin with.

I call this a bull. Subatomic are just devious people like MadFinger, just that they've done this a little more subtlety and cleverly, so much so good ol' Eli has fallen into their trap as well. What say you? To me, if indeed this is what transpired, I wish the guys at Subatomic to their graves.

TL;DR: The game's difficulty was artificially inflated from the onset with the aim of introducing IAPs at some point after release to make progress 'easier' and 'faster'.
this is spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM
andysmash andysmash is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,228
Default

I'm glad you're putting purchasable coins into the game. I plan on buying the iPad version once the next update comes out and I will very likely drop a buck or two into coins, if for no other reason than out of spite for all the children on this forum who can't comprehend how businesses work.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 AM
PraetorianX PraetorianX is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
I'm glad you're putting purchasable coins into the game. I plan on buying the iPad version once the next update comes out and I will very likely drop a buck or two into coins, if for no other reason than out of spite for all the children on this forum who can't comprehend how businesses work.
yeah andy, you do that.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
djones145 djones145 is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
I'm glad you're putting purchasable coins into the game. I plan on buying the iPad version once the next update comes out and I will very likely drop a buck or two into coins, if for no other reason than out of spite for all the children on this forum who can't comprehend how businesses work.
its like that simpsons episode where she sells the dolls, can you buy like 1 million dollars in coins so they get rich and therefore can hire more people to fix the game up
i'm thankful that i only purchased FR 2 on iphone
nice game but too many bugs!
i'm all for grinding to get coins and upgrade, nothing wrong with IAP, but to charge 7 bucks and still have IAP....
games like TnT HD, toy defense, fantasy defense, spice bandits had IAP or grind but had a low price to match! (either free or 0.99 cents!)
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM
pavarotti2007 pavarotti2007 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
I'm glad you're putting purchasable coins into the game. I plan on buying the iPad version once the next update comes out and I will very likely drop a buck or two into coins, if for no other reason than out of spite for all the children on this forum who can't comprehend how businesses work.
This has to be post of the week!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Sojourn Sojourn is offline
Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 60
Default

Thanks everyone for your support -- glad I was able to articulate how many of us were feeling. We'll see what Alec says when he returns! But in the meantime . . .

The update is out! Let's see how this goes.

EDIT: I've been playing for a little while, and have been enjoying it quite a bit. It hasn't crashed once, and loading times have noticeably improved. They're still a little long, but much better than before. It's shaping up to be a solid update, Subatomic -- good work!

Last edited by Sojourn; 10-24-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
DigitalB33R DigitalB33R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 809
Default

Upgrade worth it?

I want the new features but not IAPs (dont even want to see them).
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Markku Markku is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,113
Default

I wanna buy this game I love tower defenses , what makes this game so great and what keeps you hooked?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent