App description: "The Jam" is a popular board game for children and adults. And now
cooking jams, doing fruit salads and baking pies is possible on iPad.

What is the goal of the game?

Your task is to make as many jams as possible and to bake different
pies. Except, before the game beginning you will receive tasks:
what jams are more important to you. For completing tasks
victory points also are added. Your rivals have others tasks, but
a basket with berries is one for all - try not to give your opponents
the necessary components.

Each card can be both the recipe, and an ingridient. For example, to make
strawberry jam, you need the recipe of strawberry jam (on the top part of a
card) and a strawberry (on the lower part of another card).

Don't forget about fruit salads - they will help you to gather even more points.

For whom is this game?

For children and adults. You surely will like heroes of game:
Karlsmen, Bear (and Masha), and also possibility to weld special cone
jam!

Shortly we will add a network mode - watch for updates.

sizzlakalonji's comments:
This is a conversion of a Russian board game, and its quite fun.



Here's the link to the physical game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103828/the-jam
10-23-2012, 01:30 PM
#2
OK, I'm HOOKED on this game! If you like board/card games, you owe it to yourself to get this. No, it's not $.99, but it's worth every penny.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
OK, I'm HOOKED on this game! If you like board/card games, you owe it to yourself to get this. No, it's not $.99, but it's worth every penny.
It does look fun. How's the AI? Does it...now there is no way you could guess where I'm going here...track any stats?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-23-2012, 04:25 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It does look fun. How's the AI? Does it...now there is no way you could guess where I'm going here...track any stats?
+ Different AI Level?

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
10-23-2012, 04:31 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
+ Different AI Level?
Now I'm confused. It does have AI, right? Not sure about multiple levels and I was asking if the game tracked career stats of any type.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-23-2012, 04:34 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Now I'm confused. It does have AI, right? Not sure about multiple levels and I was asking if the game tracked career stats of any type.
Yes, it has ... but my question is: Does it have different AI Player / Level?

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
10-23-2012, 06:34 PM
#7
There is indeed AI, but no different levels. The AI seems quite competent, though. Unfortunately, there is no stat tracking of any kind, nor are there achievements. Now, these things have never really mattered to me, but I know they do to some. I just really like the core mechanic of gameplay...it's quite unique.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
There is indeed AI, but no different levels. The AI seems quite competent, though. Unfortunately, there is no stat tracking of any kind, nor are there achievements. Now, these things have never really mattered to me, but I know they do to some. I just really like the core mechanic of gameplay...it's quite unique.
Thanks for the recommendation, Sizzle, it is great and I love how it has you juggling stuff on so many dimensions!

Each card is a recipe and an ingredient so which aspect will you use it for? Even on top of that twist is that when you make a jam is it just for the sake of making the jam or are you making it for some deeper purposes (like bonus objectives or to convert into a pie)?

My one question, how the heck does Karlsman work? His card was dealt and I wanted to "Bet" but I wasn't sure if I needed to just hit the bet button or if I had to drag one of my jams over to that pop-up?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, Sizzle, it is great and I love how it has you juggling stuff on so many dimensions!

Each card is a recipe and an ingredient so which aspect will you use it for? Even on top of that twist is that when you make a jam is it just for the sake of making the jam or are you making it for some deeper purposes (like bonus objectives or to convert into a pie)?

My one question, how the heck does Karlsman work? His card was dealt and I wanted to "Bet" but I wasn't sure if I needed to just hit the bet button or if I had to drag one of my jams over to that pop-up?
No problem! I find myself playing this all the time. You have to drag jams over to bet on the Karlsman card. Whoever bets the most wins the card. I tend to avoid betting on him unless I just had to make a jam or two that wasn't in the recipe book and was therefore expendable. For what it's worth, that Shinobi app is from the same developers and is also a Russian board game. I don't rate that one nearly as high as this one, but it's not bad.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-12-2012, 08:01 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
No problem! I find myself playing this all the time. You have to drag jams over to bet on the Karlsman card. Whoever bets the most wins the card. I tend to avoid betting on him unless I just had to make a jam or two that wasn't in the recipe book and was therefore expendable. For what it's worth, that Shinobi app is from the same developers and is also a Russian board game. I don't rate that one nearly as high as this one, but it's not bad.
While it might just be me sucking, the AI seems darn competent, with them more often than not able to reach almost all of the bonus objectives (thus the AI isn't just blindly making jams and pies but focusing on whatever it needs to do to create all of the game's randomly chosen bonus objective pie/jam/ingredients)!

I love that even final weird twist of the "Bonus Ingredients" which is based on the ingredients showing on all of the recepies the player had created that match the random list of 4 ingredients...so it's based on those normally meaningless/unused ingredients on the bottom half of the player's created recipes!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.