Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 AM

Default ArcherCat

Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Anyone playing this game? It's pretty fun game where you shoot birds. The hook is the leveling up system feels similar to RPGs, earning stay points and learning skills (upgrading skills costs money from what I've tried so far). And sometimes when you complete levels you get random loot. So far, you can also use the blacksmith to upgrade existing items. There seems to be more features to be unlocked as you level up.

The game is actually pretty challenging (the further you get in) and it does seem like you need good tactics to beat the harder levels. Otherwise you may need to grind...

And for those adverse to IAP, stay away. It looks like playing levels in the game costs energy ("fish" in this game). There's also seems to be a premium currency..but I'm not sure where to spend it yet. Not sure if there's a pay wall. But overall, pretty fun dopey game to me.

Last edited by tops2; 06-24-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Old 06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Anyone playing this game? It's pretty fun game where you shoot birds. The hook is the leveling up system feels similar to RPGs, earning stay points and learning skills (upgrading skills costs money from what I've tried so far). And sometimes when you complete levels you get random loot. So far, you can also use the blacksmith to upgrade existing items. There seems to be more features to be unlocked as you level up.

The game is actually pretty challenging (the further you get in) and it does seem like you need good tactics to beat the harder levels. Otherwise you may need to grind...

And for those adverse to IAP, stay away. It looks like playing levels in the game costs energy ("fish" in this game). There's also seems to be a premium currency..but I'm not sure where to spend it yet. Not sure if there's a pay wall. But overall, pretty fun dopey game to me.
I've played the game...and I beat it on normal mode. Once you beat the game (which is on normal mode) you automatically unlock hard mode and a few other modes, but they currently are not available to choose. On hard mode you pretty much just start the game over with your same character, except their is no dialog from any of the story and you get even better gear, but it is VERY hard to get. As for the other mode, they are PvP and PvE with atleast one teammate. PvP..I don't know how they will make that work..could be interesting. As for the PvE with a teammate seems like an amazing idea, on the harder levels it gets almost impossible unless you spend a TON of time playing the game for better gear.

As I said, I beat the game on normal mode and didn't pay a cent, I had to do a lot of farming though. On hard mode though...I really don't see how I will progress. I am at the 3rd or 4th map where the first dungeon is located...and I can't beat it for the life of me, and I have pretty amazing gear. I'll probably wait for the PvE mode to be added to the game and maybe find it a lot easier to get better gear.

The leveling up system is alright...wish it was easier to level, and wish it gave out more stat points to allocate to stats, 2 just seems so little later on in the game. I mean on hard mode, the enemy birds (not bosses) have around 5k HP..and putting 2 stat points into damage for 2 extra damage...is like pointless. I dislike that part of the game...but its bearable.

The part I hate the MOST is the talent tree system. The best arrow abilities are the power shot arrow, bomb arrow, and blizzard arrow. I'm at rank 7 bomb arrow..and too upgrade it, I need 75!!! of the crystal gems things...and you can maybe earn 4 a level on hard mode, and can only earn 2 on normal mode levels....so getting 75 will take days of playing to get....which is stupid..and I need to upgrade those abilities in order to do enough damage on the birds to continue to progress..but that may be awhile, unless they nerf the costs it take to upgrade abilities at higher ranks or just increase how many crystals spawn a level.

Over all, I'd say the few flaws it has really pop out later in the game, near the end of normal mode and you can really feel them in hard mode. But, I really like the game play and like the finding gear aspect part of the game and the stats are randomly generated, which is awesome IMO, most games don't have randomly generated loot.

Also, spending money on IAPs won't guarantee that you get better gear or even get...well anything. The IAPs give you more gold and crystals, and those are used to upgrade abilities and enchant equipment, though you have to find good equipment first before you would really want to enchant it, and no IAP will let you increase that chance.

I would probably spend more time playing this game then Diablo 3 if they were to fix how much it costs to upgrade abilities at higher ranks, and if they were to increase the amount of crystals you could get per level. Cause then it could actually be doable without spending weeks of time grinding for crystals and gold for upgrading abilities.

Last edited by Asasnator; 06-26-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 04:10 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah..the grind is pretty rough. I ended up deleting this game for the reasons you mentioned, even though its a really fun, but hard game. I think it wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't the freemium model of how many times you can play before running out of energy (unless there's a faster way to earn the energy/fish).
Old 08-19-2012, 09:40 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I know the update came out awhile ago, but I really am liking the multiplayer. A lot smoother then just playing by yourself, even though they do increase the amount of birds that spawn to make it still a challenge. Awesome update none the less.

If anyone would like to play some matches sometime, should let me know. I'm not super geared or anything compared to some of the people I've been playing with, but I can definitely hold my own.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well I'm now level 62 and I only have the final boss left to beat on hard mode. Haven't attempted it yet, wanting to wait to get a better bow and armor before actually trying it..though I have a feeling that I would be able to do it with the current gear that I have. =p

Btw I know some pretty handy tips if anyone needs some help with the game.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:27 AM

where should i put the stat on when i level up? i thought all damage or all critical would be good... what do you guys think? and any tips would be welcome... thnx u!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiMETE View Post
where should i put the stat on when i level up? i thought all damage or all critical would be good... what do you guys think? and any tips would be welcome... thnx u!
Personally I like 400 HP, 250 Mana, 25% crit chance, 38 damage. Those are what my base stats are at level 70.

A very helpful hint I would've loved to know back when I started was that the poison cloud skill is amazing. You can get so far into the game by just having that at rank 10. Then get the thunder storm skill to rank 10, it is the next best skill.

Btw, what level are you? We could maybe play coop sometime. =]

Last edited by Asasnator; 10-25-2012 at 12:58 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 04:01 AM

This game is too addicting!

I played 3 months ago and I am level 43 now. And a loop of 248,251 Gold!

I will like if there are more stat pts. if you level up. Maybe 3 or 4 is enough.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

I really love this game... so much so that I registered here just to talk about it. I was surprised at how little I could find out about this game on the net!

I got through the first mode at Level 50 and since I didn't really know what I was doing I did it mostly without the wide range wapons. I did pump up my lightning shot to the 10th skill level and my ice shot to the 7th level and did get the blizzard up to the 5th level so I could finally beat the game.

Now I am at level 55 on Hard Mode trying to get through Hunter's Path. The problem is it seems next to impossible without some pumped up wide range weapons. I have a level 35 very fast epic wolf's bow and level 35 epic wanderer's wardrobe. I have over 650 hp and over 700 mp so I think I am set there. My damage is at 150, and critical is at 20% with some piercing and slow down. What should be my next step? Should I focus more on upgrading my bow and armor or leveling up my weapons?

I was thinking of upgrading my cannon shot and shooting the clusters of birds I freeze with my blizzard... will this work well enough to get me to the end? Should I focus more on the Poison cloud at this point even though I have it on skill 1? I've been at this game for almost 3 weeks so I really don't want to start over but I am stuck right now.

Any advice?

BTW, here are some strategies I have developed as the game progressed...

1. I try to focus on the diving birds and those white and blue health pigeons first... I can usually handle the bombing birds afterward unless there is a screen full of them.

2. When my mp is running low I leave one of the bombing birds alive and just shoot the bombs with my basic arrow. Most of the time new birds will not come out until after the bombing bird is dispatched.

3. If I need purple jewels I usually go back to the Dragon's Breath level and play a few rounds there... for some reason I usualy get at least 2 and sometimes 3. Since the jewels come out at the beginning of levels there is no need to go to the later ones and waste time and fish.

4. The nest of infinity mini-game is a good place to pick up hardware but jewels do not come out.

5. I wouldn't bother to mix unless you already have a superior piece of hardware. Most of the time my hardware was downgraded when I tried to mix. Maybe I was just unlucky but I messed up a lot of nice bows by mixing them.

6. One sneaky way to get free fish is to adjust the time on your Ipod to the next day or a few hours ahead and then go back to the game. You never have to pay for fish this way although it is a hassle on some of my other apps.

Anybody else have any good hints or strategies?