Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Cool! I'll definitely be looking into AC:R in the coming days and see if it clicks for me as well

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:50 AM

Default Unable to purchase

I just started playing the game, and I love the ideas and the interface.

I'm done with the tutorial, and I'd love to give Ubisoft some of my money, but whenever I try to buy a pack, it makes me log into Uplay. This is incredibly annoying, and isn't it against Apple policy?

Worse, it takes a long time to log me in, then says the servers are not online and try again later. This has happened many times.

WTF?

Everyone involved in the game design and art should get a raise. All of the server admins should immediately be FIRED and replaced by people who are not incompetent.

I love the game, but if this continues it will be deleted before Ubi gets any of my money.

Why won't they let me do IAP's through the App store like other games? Why make me log into Uplay, especially if they servers are always offline?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachawry View Post
I just started playing the game, and I love the ideas and the interface.

I'm done with the tutorial, and I'd love to give Ubisoft some of my money, but whenever I try to buy a pack, it makes me log into Uplay. This is incredibly annoying, and isn't it against Apple policy?

Worse, it takes a long time to log me in, then says the servers are not online and try again later. This has happened many times.

WTF?

Everyone involved in the game design and art should get a raise. All of the server admins should immediately be FIRED and replaced by people who are not incompetent.

I love the game, but if this continues it will be deleted before Ubi gets any of my money.

Why won't they let me do IAP's through the App store like other games? Why make me log into Uplay, especially if they servers are always offline?
Confirmed. Actually it's from late yesterday that I'm completely unable to access the Market section of the game, it keeps asking me for UPlay login but once done it says servers aren't working. Quite annoying, right now...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools75 View Post
Confirmed. Actually it's from late yesterday that I'm completely unable to access the Market section of the game, it keeps asking me for UPlay login but once done it says servers aren't working. Quite annoying, right now...
I've bought every single IAP purchase possible in Magic 2013 on the iPad. I'm more than willing to give companies with good games my money.

But companies who are incapable of letting me give them my money certainly don't deserve it!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:19 AM

Default Avoid game altogether

OK, after so many times trying and failing to connect to Ubisoft servers, I did a web search. Apparently many people are often unable to connect. It's a PERPETUAL PROBLEM. In this case I did pay for some new cards, but I cannot connect to download.

If you are reading this and are debating whether or not to get into the game, MY ADVICE IS NO. Even though their servers are often down, they have constructed the game to always need to connect to their servers.

This is a trap for the stupid. Don't be stupid, and play another game.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:06 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachawry View Post
OK, after so many times trying and failing to connect to Ubisoft servers, I did a web search. Apparently many people are often unable to connect. It's a PERPETUAL PROBLEM. In this case I did pay for some new cards, but I cannot connect to download.

If you are reading this and are debating whether or not to get into the game, MY ADVICE IS NO. Even though their servers are often down, they have constructed the game to always need to connect to their servers.

This is a trap for the stupid. Don't be stupid, and play another game.
This is entirely untrue. I have been playing this for many, many months, with excellent connectivity, as have a very active community over at the unofficial AC: Recollection forums. Even the Ubisoft devs swing by regularly, and have personally resolved or responded to my only two issues.

What IS true, however, is that for the past weeks, the servers have either been down, or extremely hard to reach, and the game is effectively unplayable. (Tuism, are you still around here, with enough knowledge to comment on what is happening?)

Don't play this game now, and certainly don't invest into any boosters.

However, if the servers are fixed, this is still one of the finest card games I have EVER played, regardless of platform or format. Perhaps THE best (see the Magic 2013 thread for my reasoning around merits that I believe AC:R holds even over Magic). Support by Ubisoft has been plentiful, and patches have been several and brimming with new content.

So even though the current state of the game is shameful and speaks volumes of Ubisoft's lack of care and attention, the claim that game has always been this way has nothing to do with reality, and that offers hope that it might actually again be returned to full functionality.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
This is entirely untrue. I have been playing this for many, many months, with excellent connectivity, as have a very active community over at the unofficial AC: Recollection forums. Even the Ubisoft devs swing by regularly, and have personally resolved or responded to my only two issues.

What IS true, however, is that for the past weeks, the servers have either been down, or extremely hard to reach, and the game is effectively unplayable. (Tuism, are you still around here, with enough knowledge to comment on what is happening?)

Don't play this game now, and certainly don't invest into any boosters.

However, if the servers are fixed, this is still one of the finest card games I have EVER played, regardless of platform or format. Perhaps THE best (see the Magic 2013 thread for my reasoning around merits that I believe AC:R holds even over Magic). Support by Ubisoft has been plentiful, and patches have been several and brimming with new content.

So even though the current state of the game is shameful and speaks volumes of Ubisoft's lack of care and attention, the claim that game has always been this way has nothing to do with reality, and that offers hope that it might actually again be returned to full functionality.
Everything you're saying is confirmed by me also, as you can see from previous posts (oh my god, how much time is passed!!!), but I think it's really unfair to bind a whole game to the server funcionality, and discover in one of your holiday time/free time of play that you can't even pick animus credits for card you've sold, nor buying cards and not playing anymore online for that damn servers fault stop... Surely, I won't recommend anyone buying this game right now (it's probably one of the top card games - matches fairly against M2013), but now I'm thinking about another fact... Am I entitled for a full refund, since I've spent some money (ehm, more than "some", to be honest) and actually I can't play this game, so it may be figured as a case of "paid product, not working product"? Notice that I was one of the very first players who enjoyed this app on first days release: I paid the app also, while only after some time this same app went universal and free. This situation make me think only bad things...

Hope they fix asap the server issue, possibly allowing app owners to enjoy the game everytime they want play. Otherwise, a full refund request maybe will even the situation. This is not a game with a "rent-for-play" formula... It's meant to be played, once bought. Whenever the legit owner desire to play. Better start to fix things properly, once and for all. Think many players can second this opinion/proposal of mine.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 AM

I didn't say it's always been that way. But it has been that way for a long time. And if you go to the Ubisoft forums for Uplay, it's full of people unable to access their content for a whole bunch of other Ubisoft games because of server issues. And this is ongoing for a long time, not just the recent past.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Hope they fix asap the server issue, possibly allowing app owners to enjoy the game everytime they want play. Otherwise, a full refund request maybe will even the situation. This is not a game with a "rent-for-play" formula... It's meant to be played, once bought. Whenever the legit owner desire to play. Better start to fix things properly, once and for all. Think many players can second this opinion/proposal of mine.
I agree. I want my money back too. It's basically fraud on Ubisoft's part. But they know this problem. The entire web, including Ubisoft's own boards, are full of people complaining, and they have been complaining for a long time.

Ubisoft obviously thinks it's cheaper to lose a few customers than to actually support their games long-term.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Is this completely unplayable in its current state? I always passed on it because of its freemium nature, I'm partly glad and partly regretful of my decision.