Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

In what way is the game unplayable. I just played three competitive games, sold and bought cards without any issues?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

People had been reporting issues with the Uplay servers. Are you playing with just game earnings or iAP?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Is this completely unplayable in its current state? I always passed on it because of its freemium nature, I'm partly glad and partly regretful of my decision.
AC:R's freemium implementation stands to date as one of the best, i.e., with little bearing on actual gameplay for those who play the game regularly. The freemium currency is used to purchase boosters, but you earn tons of that very currency from the single player modes (enough to buy literally well above 50 boosters, and thus hundreds and hundreds of cards), and an infinite amount from online play. Several players have made it far into the top 100 (a process also reliant on skill, of course, so all this proves is that it is not impossible to reach the higher echelons of rankings without IAP) without having spent a single dollar, or just the one dollar back before the game went free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachawry View Post
Ubisoft obviously thinks it's cheaper to lose a few customers than to actually support their games long-term.
I share yer worries, but still hope that we're both wrong But yeah, the question of refunds is a relevant one... Have you tried asking it over at the unofficial Recollection forums, in the support section? Ubisofts devs swing by there ever so often.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
People had been reporting issues with the Uplay servers. Are you playing with just game earnings or iAP?

I've used both, winning online or campaign games give you credits as advertised. I've only run into server issues a handful of times and while its frustrating its not game breaking. But I can understand why people would shy away from this game. To get good cards it takes a heavy investment in time or money(both if your me), and who knows what ubisoft will do with this in the future. All that work could easily become pointless. I really hope they support it though because it a great game, I've definitely got my money's worth.

Last edited by CoreyB; 10-24-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow... I wish I had tried this earlier. It feels a little lighter than Magic, but that real-time aspect really raises the intensity. I hope they keep supporting the game, and that there's a community for this still.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quick question, when I win a story mode game I receive XP and credits, but the credits bar only goes up to 25, with space left over to the 125 marker. Can I receive more credits from the same mission or is 125 the daily limit of how many credits I can receive from the story mode?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Quick question, when I win a story mode game I receive XP and credits, but the credits bar only goes up to 25, with space left over to the 125 marker. Can I receive more credits from the same mission or is 125 the daily limit of how many credits I can receive from the story mode?
If I recall you can receive credit 5 timed from each mission. I icon will change when you unable to get more credits. .
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

So, I've collected a small amount of credits (1725), which packs should I buy to start with? Should I buy the expensive Assassin pack, a Mixed pack and few Templar packs? Also, are the Revelations packs better than the base packs or just different?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
So, I've collected a small amount of credits (1725), which packs should I buy to start with? Should I buy the expensive Assassin pack, a Mixed pack and few Templar packs? Also, are the Revelations packs better than the base packs or just different?
No pro here but I'd stick to Templar and Mixed. The Assassin packs are pretty much the only way to get the Assassin faction cards plus some other interesting bits but are far too costly (at least they were back in the day, are they still 900?).
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I have just got my first taste of the server issues in the store, bought a mixed pack which would not open due to connection issues... I thought, fine I'll come back later when the server is working. Of course, when I came back the pack was gone. So that's 500 credits down the drain. But, I proceeded to buy another mixed pack which gave me 8 Assassin cards

What I'm uncertain of now is should I put more time and possibly money into something that has blatant server issues resulting in loss of real or virtual money. The game mechanics and presentation are so seductive though