★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 752
Patiently waiting for the Retina update! The gameplay improvement update is very much welcome. Thanks for the continued support to the game.
10-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Challenge mode and update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Patiently waiting for the Retina update! The gameplay improvement update is very much welcome. Thanks for the continued support to the game.
Retina update requires an extensive amount of work, so, yea, please be patient about it guys

We're now seeing more and more strategy discussion in our own forums, which is quite exciting, please feel free to post your questions there, or here, whichever works for you.

Just a quick question, we are now working on the challenge mode for our next update, and I've asked some gamers about this already,

What would you like to see in the Challenge mode?

So far, we've thought about these, mostly inspired by games like Defense Grid, and other great TDs such as Fieldrunners and Kingdom rush:

1. No certain tower --- this will vary from level to level, such as no BAC or no T-laser or no Energizer, etc.

2. Accumulate resources level --- the goal is to save resources to a certain amount while protecting your base.

3. Time survival --- survive certain time to win, like Endless mode but with a time limit, any better ideas on this?

4. Limited Resource --- You start the level with a limited amount of resource, and no crystal is earned for killing a creep.

5. Limited number of towers

Actually, my all-time favorite is something like you get to control the creeps instead of towers, sort of like a reverse mode of Tower defense games, but less action/control comparing to RTS, any thoughts guys

10-22-2012, 05:28 AM
I would love to see a controlling the creeps mode. Choosing types and order to use, when to use etc...
10-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Love all of the ideas-really looking forward to the update. Especially option 4 and 5
10-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Syberia, Tomsk
Posts: 3
hello,

I can't speak english well, so i'll type what i wanna say in rus... (sorry, i know that nobody can't read my letter(b-b-elow), but if i continue talkin and writin like that - u gonna hate me). Or u can translate this

Как то-так Вобщем я прочитал всю ветку и понял одно - разработчики молодцы. Очень долго наблюдаю за этой игрой, но ветку не читал и понял одно - ЗРЯ. Надо было уже давным давно зайти и скачать игру. Сегодня же это сделаю. Очень люблю TD-игры, прошел весь Kingdom Rush, Fieldrunners 2, Spice Bandits, Goal Defense и Anomaly Warzone. На самом деле САМЫЕ-САМЫЕ крутые TD были в Warcraft 3 TFT как отдельные карты, если кто играл - поймет меня.

Вобщем сегодня же вечером приду, куплю и скачаю игру - и отпишусь потом о впечатлениях.




With best regards,

one of russian tards DD (yeah i know what's the meaning of tard)
10-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersure View Post
hello,

I can't speak english well, so i'll type what i wanna say in rus... (sorry, i know that nobody can't read my letter(b-b-elow), but if i continue talkin and writin like that - u gonna hate me). Or u can translate this

Как то-так Вобщем я прочитал всю ветку и понял одно - разработчики молодцы. Очень долго наблюдаю за этой игрой, но ветку не читал и понял одно - ЗРЯ. Надо было уже давным давно зайти и скачать игру. Сегодня же это сделаю. Очень люблю TD-игры, прошел весь Kingdom Rush, Fieldrunners 2, Spice Bandits, Goal Defense и Anomaly Warzone. На самом деле САМЫЕ-САМЫЕ крутые TD были в Warcraft 3 TFT как отдельные карты, если кто играл - поймет меня.

Вобщем сегодня же вечером приду, куплю и скачаю игру - и отпишусь потом о впечатлениях.




With best regards,

one of russian tards DD (yeah i know what's the meaning of tard)
That means "this game is fantastic, buy it please "
10-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthar View Post
I would love to see a controlling the creeps mode. Choosing types and order to use, when to use etc...
This is definitely on my list, but we haven't quite figured out a way to implement this, you can't place the creeps anywhere you like coz they'll have to move along fixed path, and letting user to design their path seems to involve too much operation and thus taking the fun out of it.

So let's imagine, if you could control certain special creeps and Boss units, and drag and drop them to one of the few starting points and they will start moving automatically, the gameplay would be to decide when and what combination of creeps you need to send out to "slow down" the towers' attack and trying to make their way to the base, once you are there you win! Sounds promising?

And how would Hero fit into this design is another challenge.
10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersure View Post
hello,

I can't speak english well, so i'll type what i wanna say in rus... (sorry, i know that nobody can't read my letter(b-b-elow), but if i continue talkin and writin like that - u gonna hate me). Or u can translate this

Как то-так Вобщем я прочитал всю ветку и понял одно - разработчики молодцы. Очень долго наблюдаю за этой игрой, но ветку не читал и понял одно - ЗРЯ. Надо было уже давным давно зайти и скачать игру. Сегодня же это сделаю. Очень люблю TD-игры, прошел весь Kingdom Rush, Fieldrunners 2, Spice Bandits, Goal Defense и Anomaly Warzone. На самом деле САМЫЕ-САМЫЕ крутые TD были в Warcraft 3 TFT как отдельные карты, если кто играл - поймет меня.

Вобщем сегодня же вечером приду, куплю и скачаю игру - и отпишусь потом о впечатлениях.


With best regards,

one of russian tards DD (yeah i know what's the meaning of tard)
Since you mentioned lots of my fav TD titles I guess you are a big fan of TD games just like me, I will wait for your impressions then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
That means "this game is fantastic, buy it please "
With the help of google translate, I think he's about to try it
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathle55en View Post
I won't go into details on why the game is great, but trust...it is the best TD to hit the AppStore since FR2.]
So flattered, with the inclusion of Challenge mode in the next update, I think we're slowly getting there
11-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey.G View Post
So flattered, with the inclusion of Challenge mode in the next update, I think we're slowly getting there
ETA on the next update please? Will retina be supported on the next update too? To be honest, i stopped playing this game. I want to experience the beauty of this game with retina.