★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-21-2012, 02:01 PM
#41
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
The wood on the river is the sweet idea, I enjoyed these trips a lot (even if I ended 3-4 times in the water ). I like how the game evolves in the 1st world, I hope the next levels will be as good as the ones I saw.
We're working on the Edge Industry levels update right now, and we're adding a sequence with a car on lava much like the wood on river (but harder!! )

Quote:
Good work with the animations on the background, I stop sometimes to watch them, some are funny
Thanks! We had great fun making them

Quote:
I need a Game Center achievement "Finish a level without dying"
hahaha, I'm not even sure I'd get it myself !
(that said, not promising anything but we are considering adding Game Center support)

I make games.
Twitter: NicolasG_B
10-21-2012, 05:59 PM
#42
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 29
Just got around to playing this.
The controls can be a little jerky, but I'm getting used to it! The backgrounds are beautiful, definitely. ^_^

Overall a 4/5 for me!

10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
#43
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 659
Have you guys thought about adding lives? Or making it so you lose your coins when you die?

Or would that make it too hard? The game is already pretty challenging as it is.

Maybe just a reward for beating a level without dying would be a nice challenge

Last edited by 99c_gamer; 10-21-2012 at 06:42 PM.
10-21-2012, 07:13 PM
#44
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Cool game! It's barely winning in the Toucharcade's game of the week, so I decided to give it a try! Quite fun! Going to play some more tonight!
10-22-2012, 07:16 AM
#45
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
Have you guys thought about adding lives? Or making it so you lose your coins when you die?

Or would that make it too hard? The game is already pretty challenging as it is.

Maybe just a reward for beating a level without dying would be a nice challenge
I don't think we'd like to add lives, it would change the whole game and probably end up being more negative than positive.
But a reward for beating a level without dying is a cool idea, I like it! We'll think about it.
One thing we are considering is some form of Time Attack, so you'd definitely be rewarded for not dying.

I make games.
Twitter: NicolasG_B
10-22-2012, 11:48 AM
#46
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,348
Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!





Click on above icons
to discover more about the games!


SQUARE PLANET
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
17/10/2012



Do you like to play the fearless Round Ball on his action-packed journey in a Square World?

VOTE HERE

Poll close
10-24-2012 at 04:59 PM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -
10-22-2012, 01:31 PM
#47
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgb View Post
We're working on the Edge Industry levels update right now, and we're adding a sequence with a car on lava much like the wood on river (but harder!! )
I'll save some ice for these levels, I think the hero will burn a lot

Nice to see a second opinion on Touchgen as the game is good and doesn't deserve a 1/5 (most of the time, I agree with theirs reviews, so I was surprised with this one, but I understand the in-app purchases hate very well). A 3-4/5 seems more accurate.
10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
#48
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 137
Thanks! Yeah I can see why people dislike IAP. In Square Planet we tried to make them so you could easily play the whole game without paying, but the IAP just make it better (and don't bring that much revenue tbh)

Lava is cool but the Industry levels will feature Squares on jetpacks. JETPACKS!

I make games.
Twitter: NicolasG_B
10-26-2012, 11:12 AM
#49
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,378
Just reached the first level where I had to replay first level to go through it with 6 prisoners freed. It was not a big deal to replay the first level twice which took me a few minutes at max and then after beating level 6 I got extra coins to spare My advice is to stay away from friend finder, you can find them even without it. Just keep your eyes open.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-26-2012, 11:44 AM
#50
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Just reached the first level where I had to replay first level to go through it with 6 prisoners freed. It was not a big deal to replay the first level twice which took me a few minutes at max and then after beating level 6 I got extra coins to spare My advice is to stay away from friend finder, you can find them even without it. Just keep your eyes open.
Glad to hear it!
It makes me think too. Are there bonuses that you guys think would be cool??

I make games.
Twitter: NicolasG_B