Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesquad View Post
What's so bad about the UI? I think it's fairly decent. You can even undo! The only "crash" I've had so far is when the game froze up as I tried to accept back-to-back friend requests.
For one thing, games REALLY could benefit from being sorted, so that games that it's currently your turn show up at the top of the list, instead of having to search through the list to figure out which ones are waiting on you.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

I agree that games need to be sorted so that ones where it is your turn are on top.

I am also dissapointed to see random oppoonents not being in the initial release of a game like this. It seems to me to be out of pure laziness that this was not added prior to release.

About the IAP purchase for tracks and the Facebook unlock able track I see this as a major issue cause of the fact it won't let you challenge someone who doesn't have the track. Here are two solutions for this:

A. Scrap the IAP for tracks and all tracks are free and playable, or:

B. allow the ability to challenge players who haven't unlocked the track so that they can PLAY on it, but in order for them to challenge others on it they need to buy the IAP for that track.

Good concept,poor poor execution with a major deduction for lack of random opponents.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I have 0 problem with being unable to challenge someone to a race on a track they don't have. Makes perfect sense to me, and it tells you when you try to create the game as opposed to just not ever having them accept, so you can just pick a different track to race them on.

I'm not a fan of the controls for panning around the track either in game. The two-finger swipe to pan has worked poorly for me (though I may just suck at it), and I don't like having to touch and hold for a couple seconds to get the single-finger panning. You should be able to just pan around with a single finger period, and just make it so you have to start a swipe from near the car itself in order to make a move.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Anyone like to add me so I can try this game?
Name is bloodangel
Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM

I wouldn't call this game's design lazy, it just needed more playtesting because the game definitely launched too soon. (Since it's free to try maybe they should have added a 'beta' tag.)

Still just a few changes and this goes from a disappointment to being great. Add Game Center, move games it's your turn to the top of the list, and fix the track panning (I agree, the two finger pan is broken). Those alone would make me happy.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
I wouldn't call this game's design lazy, it just needed more playtesting because the game definitely launched too soon. (Since it's free to try maybe they should have added a 'beta' tag.)

Still just a few changes and this goes from a disappointment to being great. Add Game Center, move games it's your turn to the top of the list, and fix the track panning (I agree, the two finger pan is broken). Those alone would make me happy.
Actually they have submitted (or will be soon) a new version, and among the changes are the game moving to Game Center and moving races where it's your turn to the top of the list.

The down side is that all unfinished races are going to be deleted, but what can you do?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Not really seeing how random matchmaking makes an async-only game better. Random matchmaking in a game like this will mostly result in games with people who don't take their turns or get kicked. At least you'll get the points though when they quit on you.

An async game like this is best played with people you can depend on, which requires A)having friends in real life to play against or B)making such friends online.

All that said, this app has many rough spots, including a lot of shit popping up in the menu screens like Facebook and Twitter reminders. Despite the roughness, I'm having a blast! If LindApp can clean up their act on this, this can be a top async board game app.

As for the ripoff of Formula D...my read is that they are totally legal on this. You should have seen the screenshots before, when they used the actual Fomula D art assets, which would have been a true ripoff. Cloners are free to clone board game mechanics as long as they change copyrightable assets like game art and rule text. Though by doing so, they won't make many friends in the close-knit designer-board game industry of designers and publishers, and could even get scared off by a deeper pocket rattling a legal sabre. Such is the life of a boardgame-to-digital cloner.

Last edited by blindspot; 11-21-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM

It's been updated finally! everything works better :')
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Most everything.

One weird bug: When setting up a game, if you tap the track once again after first selecting a track, a check mark will appear next to the track image and disappear from the lap length. Then when you start the game the number of laps will say -1. When every player takes their first turn, no matter what they roll, they will get a message saying "Your engine has crashed. You are now out of the race."

This can be avoided by simply not clicking the map a second time in the set up or by making sure the lap is set to 1, 2, or 3 (advanced game).
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindspot View Post
Most everything.

One weird bug: When setting up a game, if you tap the track once again after first selecting a track, a check mark will appear next to the track image and disappear from the lap length. Then when you start the game the number of laps will say -1. When every player takes their first turn, no matter what they roll, they will get a message saying "Your engine has crashed. You are now out of the race."
Hi all!

The developer of Racer Feud here!

This particular issue will be fixed in then next patch release that will be sent to Apple today or tomorrow (depending on how our tests work out)

Next release will also have another set of fixes:
* Changed the way panning works, now always 1 finger to pan except when moving you car, then you can enable/disable panning with a long touch
* Now removes games correctly when a player quits
* Pitstops have been reworked
* Fix for when a player could not join a game he was invited to
* Fix for notification when user quits
* Fixed issue when opponent is on the space in front of your pit slot
* Fix for slipstreaming (again)
* Graphic fixes for non Retina devices

Best Regards
André