★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Is this on Mac computers? Just got a Mac today.
10-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
So I just finished Episode 3 and let's just say I'm now a fan of adventure/point-and-click games.

Are there any other similar games on IOS? Either with a really dark mature gritty adult story or a game with similar mechanics (free exploration, dialogue options and branching story lines)?
Telltale has ported other adventure games, though not of this caliber, to the App Store.

10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Finished episode 3,runs great on iPod 4-definitely better than episode 1&2 pretty smooth,can't wait to see performance on a 5th gen iPod
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
I just picked this up on my iPhone 4s a few days ago after enjoying the PC version so very much. Obviously things are a bit different on the phone than on PC, but one thing I don't get.

Why does it take me like 20 swipes to move the screen two inches? In the opening sequence when I have to move the camera to view the shotgun/shell it takes like 10-15 swipes to move it over.

Is this normal?
10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcorp View Post
I just picked this up on my iPhone 4s a few days ago after enjoying the PC version so very much. Obviously things are a bit different on the phone than on PC, but one thing I don't get.

Why does it take me like 20 swipes to move the screen two inches? In the opening sequence when I have to move the camera to view the shotgun/shell it takes like 10-15 swipes to move it over.

Is this normal?
I don't recall swiping more than 20 times like you said (in ep1). I don't think that is normal. Perhaps I was using iPad 3, I don't know.

Aid is like a pill that numbs the pain, if you take it too often you get addicted. President Isaias Afwerki
This simple and timeless quote sums up Eritrean government & people's self-reliance policy.
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcorp View Post

Is this normal?
When I had my iPod 4 (I upgraded to 5) I didn't need to swipe a lot at all,actually I just moved me finger all the way to the right,the camera speeds up if you drag it further,or was it lag?
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
should I play this on my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it until I get the iPad 4?

(if the answer is wait til iPad 4, hopefully there is a sale on all the episodes around xmas time)

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
should I play this on my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it until I get the iPad 4?

(if the answer is wait til iPad 4, hopefully there is a sale on all the episodes around xmas time)
Maybe if we're lucky they'll have the fourth episode out by then.
10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Maybe if we're lucky they'll have the fourth episode out by then.
on iTunes in the 'top in-app purchases' section it says multipack episodes 2-5 for $14.99... so if I buy that I just download episode 4 & 5 when it comes out because it's been prepaid?

Also how many hours roughly are episodes 1-3?

Do you guys re-play previous episodes and make different decisions and if so, are there different saves or do u have to overwrite ?

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
on iTunes in the 'top in-app purchases' section it says multipack episodes 2-5 for $14.99... so if I buy that I just download episode 4 & 5 when it comes out because it's been prepaid?

Also how many hours roughly are episodes 1-3?

Do you guys re-play previous episodes and make different decisions and if so, are there different saves or do u have to overwrite ?
Yes, if you buy the multipack, you just download the episodes when they become available.

Episodes last around 2-3 hours each.

There are 3 game slots, so can play three games making different decisions without affecting the saves for each slot.