★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hungry Shark Evolution
Take control of a very Hungry Shark in this action packed aquatic adventure.
Survive as long as possible by eating everything that gets in your way!

Many different sharks to collect and evolve, including the Hammerhead, Great White and Megalodon!

Features:
+ Optimised for iPhone 6
+ Console quality, 3D graphics
+ 11 Shark types to unlock
+ A huge free-roaming world to explore!
+ Intuitive touch or tilt controls
+ 15 sunken Bonus Objects to discover
+ Over 70 missions to complete
+ Equip your sharks with special gadgets and items
+ Unlock Baby Sharks to boost your predatory powers
+ Combo bonuses and Gold Rush to beat your hi-score
+ GameCenter and video recording social features
+ Use Facebook to synchronise your game across all your iOS devices

Hungry Shark Evolution is regularly updated with new features, content and challenges to keep you coming back for more!

Play as much as you like! - no arbitrary time loops or energy mechanics!

***Game of the Year 2013! (TIGA Awards)***

This app contains In-App Purchases which allow you to buy Gems and Coin currency which can be spent on upgrades and accessories. Gems and Coins can also be collected in game without requiring purchase, or by watching video advertisements from the Treasure screen.

This game contains advertising.
Advertising is disabled if you make any purchase.
10-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Really enjoyed the original Hungry Shark. Anyone know if this is a fitting sequel? Looks to be a steal at 99 cents.

10-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I see this went on sale yesterday,but I'm wondering how different it is from the previous one,and whether the IAP (I see the option to buy gems and coins) is intrusive.
10-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Gonna give it a go. If the IAP is a problem, I'll delete it. Really liked the first games.
10-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Gonna give it a go. If the IAP is a problem, I'll delete it. Really liked the first games.
Let us know please mate,so that we know if it's worth it or not
10-27-2012, 11:57 PM
There are some on the Facebook page saying there are no touch controls. Bummer. However FGOL is working on it.
10-28-2012, 12:03 AM
wait 4

wait for the FREE sale, since all there games are free...iap can suck too got my .99 cents to buy GTA 3 or Chinatown HD
10-28-2012, 01:40 AM
No touch controls is a big negative for me,so hopefully it'd be implemented soon.

Any words on IAP and/or general game quality?
10-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Grace View Post
No touch controls is a big negative for me,so hopefully it'd be implemented soon.

Any words on IAP and/or general game quality?
No touch controls? Doh, I'll pass. Also, it is not clear if the two game currencies can be achieved in-game or if one of them is IAP only. The description says "Complete missions and find treasure to earn coins and gems", so supposedly you can get both in-game...
10-28-2012, 05:13 AM
I gave this a go. It looks lovely, far prettier than the previous Hungry Shark games. I find the movement to be a little step down at first though - boost is barely noticeable and the shark is slow and not very smooth. But I think this is because you're supposed to upgrade your shark to improve its abilities. You get coins etc in game (which feels a bit odd to be honest) or can buy currency through IAP. So far, it doesn't seem too stingy with the in-game rewards and yet still the need for these upgrades undermines the game in my opinion. Even just one bout of upgrades shows me that your performance is greatly limited by the state of your shark.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of 'currency' and upgrade style IAPs so I'll often approach this with negativity but some other games do this better where they feel much more like optional added bonuses. It's optional here too of course but still at the core of the game, and that seems to alter the nature of this game in a way that just doesn't contribute positively in my opinion.

IAP aside, it looks lovely and the layout of the places I have been works great. There is the usual Hungry Shark fun to be had here.