Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM

wow,the gameplay video shows tons of improment from the last one...dear Action Mobile Games,I love zombie games and I really look forward to your .I've some question:
-how many zombies can be rendered at the same time? Like...10 or 15 chasing me,that would be great
-maybe you can add some...I don't know :P like ability to blow off zombies head or cutoff their limb?
thanks
Old 10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Will we see giblets flying?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Going on Mac app store too? Just saying because I got a Mac a couple days ago and would love to test the game on both apple devices.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunt190 View Post
Will the iPad 3rd gen have full effects like ragdall and real time shadows?
yes, I demo'd an ipad 3 with 2013:Infected Wars at gdc and it crushes it with full effects!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:23 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that I will enjoy the game but is the game a survival arena type game or will it have a campaign with missions? I understand if you don't want to give too much away but I'm very curious to know.

Thanks
it is not a survival arena style game, there is a campaign kind of like left 4 dead 2 format
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
iPod touch 4 support?
yes, one of our devices we test on regularly is an ipod touch 4
Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
Liking the ragdolls, but it's a bit weird how they just kinda collapse when they die, seems like you'd have a few seconds of final reflexes before losing all muscle control.
good eye chipman! As we said in the blog post, ragdoll is not fully polished yet. It's 'in game' so to speak but still a work in progress
Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvo06 View Post
wow,the gameplay video shows tons of improment from the last one...dear Action Mobile Games,I love zombie games and I really look forward to your .I've some question:
-how many zombies can be rendered at the same time? Like...10 or 15 chasing me,that would be great
-maybe you can add some...I don't know :P like ability to blow off zombies head or cutoff their limb?
thanks
Right now we are capping it around 7 on screen at once however we have some really neat work arounds for this so that you don't realize there are only 7 which can make it feel like there are 10-15 around you at any given time.

Blowing off their head is something we are possibly going to be able to implement. I'll keep you posted on it.

As for blowing off the limbs that isn't something we can do unfortunately. In order to render this many creatures on screen at once we have to sacrifice on the vfx area a bit and blowing off the limbs etc is one of those areas.

With the newest devices coming out though, the next chapter in 2013 will definitely have this
Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Jah View Post
Right now we are capping it around 7 on screen at once however we have some really neat work arounds for this so that you don't realize there are only 7 which can make it feel like there are 10-15 around you at any given time.

Blowing off their head is something we are possibly going to be able to implement. I'll keep you posted on it.

As for blowing off the limbs that isn't something we can do unfortunately. In order to render this many creatures on screen at once we have to sacrifice on the vfx area a bit and blowing off the limbs etc is one of those areas.

With the newest devices coming out though, the next chapter in 2013 will definitely have this
thks for the reply,It's good to hear that I'll be able to blow zombies's heads off
Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tso5818 View Post
Going on Mac app store too? Just saying because I got a Mac a couple days ago and would love to test the game on both apple devices.
We don't have any plans at this time to release in the Mac store. I'll let you know if something changes on that front in the future.

Closed Thread