Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey, GeekyDad, wouldn't that be something solved at the very most with a "Restore Purchases" or were they claiming even that wouldn't work in this case?
Honestly, I've never paid for IAP before. But I did read several reviews stating that. But perhaps they just weren't aware they could restore their IAP.

Eh, screw it. I guess I'll try it. I've been dying to see how it plays.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Honestly, I've never paid for IAP before. But I did read several reviews stating that. But perhaps they just weren't aware they could restore their IAP.

Eh, screw it. I guess I'll try it. I've been dying to see how it plays.
All of the complaints I've seen about missing IAP were addressed once the "Restore Purchases" button was pointed out, so you should be okay.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM

Love the new adventure, even though it's kicking my arse. Well done, devs.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Love the new adventure, even though it's kicking my arse. Well done, devs.
When you say "new adventure," do you mean just a single adventure area on the map, or a whole new map?

As an aside, I finally downloaded it, and though it took a few games to fully appreciate its depth and workings, I'm really enjoying it now.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Well, experienced my first bug today. I was doing the Cthulhu campaign and was on the second part of it on the ship. I had almost all of my investigation stuff complete, and was going for the last emblem. I successfully beat the last adventure to give me the last emblem (don't remember offhand which adventure card it was), but the adventure never finished -- it just sat there. The book to roll dice had disappeared and there were no more tasks, but the adventure never took me back to the main map. Finally had to manually fail the adventure, which set off a chain reaction of fail...my character either went insane or died, I don't remember, and that left one dude who had, like, no items, clues, or spells. I was so pissed. I was sure I coulda won that time.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Well, experienced my first bug today. I was doing the Cthulhu campaign and was on the second part of it on the ship. I had almost all of my investigation stuff complete, and was going for the last emblem. I successfully beat the last adventure to give me the last emblem (don't remember offhand which adventure card it was), but the adventure never finished -- it just sat there. The book to roll dice had disappeared and there were no more tasks, but the adventure never took me back to the main map. Finally had to manually fail the adventure, which set off a chain reaction of fail...my character either went insane or died, I don't remember, and that left one dude who had, like, no items, clues, or spells. I was so pissed. I was sure I coulda won that time.
Hopefully only a freaky one time occurrence, but if it is any consolation, clearly Cthulhu himself pulled some strings and had that game SHUT DOWN.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hopefully only a freaky one time occurrence, but if it is any consolation, clearly Cthulhu himself pulled some strings and had that game SHUT DOWN.

Yeah, took me a few tries to formulate a strategy that seems to work. I think I had about seven elder signs to his two doom tokens. I had only one investigator lost, but that monkey wrench screwed me, since I had used items to win the adventure but then lost anyway, taking damage in the process.

I'm basically going back and forth now between him and Ithaqua. I got close on Ithaqua too recently, making my way to the battle, but I wasn't able to defeat him. Took out all of my investigators in a single shot. Next time I'll try and horde items/spells/clues.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

This game is random.

Using the Jenny Barnes strategy, I managed to win for the first time ever, then proceeded to lose the next two games, despite following the same strategy, against the same GOO, Yig.

Am I still missing any pieces of the puzzle or is this degree of randomness normal in this game?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
This game is random.

Using the Jenny Barnes strategy, I managed to win for the first time ever, then proceeded to lose the next two games, despite following the same strategy, against the same GOO, Yig.

Am I still missing any pieces of the puzzle or is this degree of randomness normal in this game?
Given that the main mechanic employed in taking on tasks is rolling dice, you should expect a heavy random element.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Given that the main mechanic employed in taking on tasks is rolling dice, you should expect a heavy random element.
^This

However...because of the randomness of the dice, you have to be especially careful about using the right character for the right adventure. So, if you have a character who can complete tasks in any order, send her to an numbered adventure. If you have a character who isn't affected by fear, send her on an adventure that is plagued by the fear special condition. If you don't make very strategic use of your characters and items in this way, then bad luck is always tragic. Also be sure to save adventures that deduct doom from the board as a reward for when you actually need them, i.e. don't complete them if there are no doom tokens on the board. There are lots of little things you'll need to be aware of constantly in order to maximize your effectiveness against the game's luck factor.

And as an aside, I think the use of dice and the luck they inject into the game is perfectly in keeping with the chaos element of Lovecraft's mythology.